Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

03.26.2013 , 02:57 PM | #431
Is this include a gender change?

03.26.2013 , 04:27 PM | #432
I like the changes, hopefully you keep them coming. I unsubscribed but came back mostly due to your efforts. It says a lot I think about your commitment to making this game awesome and engaging. I was a little worried there that you might throw in the towel, but you didn't and you came up with ways to get my $$ again and did it with a smile on my face.

However, I still wish you made a Mac version of this game Please keep up the good work, this is a unique franchise, it deserves every effort to make it the best MMO out there.
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

03.26.2013 , 05:53 PM | #433
"the need to keep working on performance improvements and bugs."

If you really want to do that, make the PTS permanent. It's the path that makes the most sense.

I stepped back onto LIVE today, after a couple months of playing PTS, and it was an immense overload. Way too many players in the same area, none want to group, leaving everyone waiting for mobs to respawn. Tons of ninja looting... and that was the starting area on Tython! Imagine the game after 2.0 drops!

There are several bonuses to having the PTS permanent (I'll cover two or three. I'm sure there are more floating around out there):
  1. Players like me, who want to solo and enjoy the game in relative silence, can play.
  2. The environment is always being tested. A patch drops, we test and report back to the PTS forum (trust me. You get a LOT of feedback there).
  3. The PTS has fewer trolls. Last I checked, 'Star Wars' universe has no trolls in lore.

I'm not saying that the PTS not being permanent is why I have canceled my two subs. The expanded reasons include the draconian Planetary Comms cap (and no reason given why subs are being subjected to the cap), the various bugs and glitches, and the general feeling that concerns are being ignored (example: I posted today on the PTS forum, asking for someone to please address why the Planetary Comms cap is being enforced on even us subs. Ten minutes later, someone removed the post. Request not addressed, and dutifully ignored and removed. I'm accepting that as "We already got you to upgrade to ROTHC on two accounts, we don't need your $29.99/mo").

I can't post my 'State of the game' from this die-hard fan's view. My post would get removed.

03.26.2013 , 07:48 PM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
I hear what you're saying and it's not just your guild.

And not nearly everyone visits the forums, if even 10 out of your guild come to the forums that is a LOT. I told people in the guild I'm in about that and they too do not agree. Just ask a general question on general in game, you'll get a lot of people responding exactly how we know they will, and disagreeing with the "state of the game".

I can make pretty much any claim in my guild and people will believe it, that is unless I am agreeing with things like this "state of the game" or say certain features will come even sooner.

- Other stuff they don't talk about, just don't expect it in the coming years.
Your right about General Chat. You try to have a discussion about things and people just flame or troll. Saying garbage like "You must suck at PVP then" or "Learn how to play the game" or "Stop your crying or quit playing". etc.

Again, its very obvious the staff writing these articles do NOT visit these forums and only have their main test group and focus group to get biased feedback from. They really are NOT living in the reality of what the real State of this game is. Everytime I read one of these articles or watch on of the new video's it makes my stomach nauseous from the fake clouds and dreamlike BS they spew. They would probably spin the servers breaking down as a "Player Break Day". They NEVER tell you the truth and remain psychotically "positive" about every single thing this game is failing at. Like ugly poorly designed or reskinned gear and Party Jawa's are what people really want....

I swear, the people who design the gear in this game have ZERO aesthetic know how or vision.

Also : What ever happened to Guild Ships? More in game Guild controls? (guild mail, calendar, etc)

03.27.2013 , 04:53 AM | #435
One thing which is for me very hard to understand. Why I am teamed up in group finder only with people around my lvl?? And why players with free account mostly win the roll to get loot things from flashpoints or ops or in group?? I just do not like it happend!
I like what is to happend- the more content and more things to customization with my character.
But please make maybe more eq - i mean make more different looks of weapon and maybe give player opportunity to custome his/her look of gear(choose color or emblem). Or maybe something like list to choose in what gear player like to wear (ofcourse after wearing it). For example: I get new armor from vendor but i do not like it looks so I choose one of looks which was before with this new armor statistics.
In summary I very very like this game I am subscriber and I will stay for sure And I am waiting for this weekly updates
Good game for everyone

03.27.2013 , 05:26 AM | #436
In fact, our major focus after Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches is going to be on "quality of life" improvements.
I'll believe it when I see it.

03.27.2013 , 05:34 AM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by Rajczu View Post
One thing which is for me very hard to understand. Why I am teamed up in group finder only with people around my lvl?? And why players with free account mostly win the roll to get loot things from flashpoints or ops or in group?? I just do not like it happend!
Grouping you with players 20 levels higher or lower than you would be bad. It'd trivize the flashpoint and reduce the XP the group gains.
RIP Star Wars

03.27.2013 , 12:24 PM | #438
To quote Jeff Hickman. "Our new, high capacity servers are teeming with people"

Jeff may I point you in the direction of this thread:

Clearly your statement is quite the contrary to the above thread. Your team has been promising to do something well for close to 8 months now, obviously there is little talk and no action. Please address the APAC concerns as soon as possible, this is a great game however the lack of action really hurts Biowares credibility in alot of peoples eyes.

03.27.2013 , 04:52 PM | #439
It has to be through the Cartel Market so they can actually make money from the non-subscription players. I agree, they need to announce some sort of major expansion, or at least mention they are thinking about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by BerinLearth View Post
He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?

03.28.2013 , 05:23 AM | #440
I say revert things back to subscribe only and bring back additional servers. But of course this is my opinion...