Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant
03.24.2013 , 03:38 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by gandan View Post
Everything will have its haters. Also, in response to the rest of your comment. I have been here since the beginning too, and while I agree that some of the features that have yet to be implemented would be cool, they are no more necessary or important than their regular Cartel Market updates.
No one is "hating" anything. People paid for a product, and it's not living up to expectations, over a year later. If you really think the people who post about the things that ruin this game or are missing from the game are in the minority, your not living in reality either. Every single person in my 250 man Guild feels most of the same things I do and have said here. Were all sick of Cartel updates instead of fixing the game, and how utterly UGLY 90% of the new gear is in it. We all want Armor Dye and Hood up or Down. No Orbital Stations. Shuttle to all worlds and dailies from fleet. Daily vendor on fleet. Most of the members of my Guild will not PVP after lvl 50 because of how unbalanced and utterly frustrating it is. 13k HP people fighting 20k HP people is just sadomasochistic, and frankly wrong. That's not fun, that's stupid. I could go on with other things.

Again, the State of the Game article was a sham. And plenty of people in my guild feel the same way. More proof that Bioware is out of touch with reality.

NinjaLou
03.24.2013 , 03:53 PM | #412
It would be awesome if u can make it where every race (that has hair =p) has access to every hair color. I would instantly drop in some CC for purple hair on my Guardian. I sure they had hair dye a long long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Eshaye
03.24.2013 , 06:34 PM | #413
Yay finally a barber shop of some sorts? Excellent!

WasteGate
03.24.2013 , 07:10 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshaye View Post
Yay finally a barber shop of some sorts? Excellent!
Please DO NOT call it a barber shop like that other MMO.

Something like "Galactic Persona Boutique".

-Wastey

Ephixxx
03.24.2013 , 10:18 PM | #415
Awesome post, glad to hear developer's be straight forward and to the point while talking about the real issues and how you've all been solving them. Good job guys love where the game is going, keep it up.

Kail_Shefned
03.25.2013 , 01:03 AM | #416
I'm hoping that the Barber Shop (How about Image Design Studio?) won't be limited strictly to the cartel market. That would be quite a greedy move, and would probably gain you a new batch of people getting fed up with the way the game is going, or I should say, not going.

The Cartel Market itself is an abomination...systems like this rearing their ugly heads in a good few MMOs these days. Now, thankfully, no game-breaking equipment has been made exclusive to this (yet). And I pray it never does. It seems a lot of time and effort gets dumped into this money-pit of "playground toys" rather than content development. What are we at a new pack every 2 weeks now I think? Don't even get me started on the latest pack, with its own reputation system you have to buy the reputation for.

I don't think being able to change your species on an already rolled character is a good idea. Then there'd be no point in the species unlocks either through 50 or the Cartel Market, unless you tie needing them to the barber shop.

I must say aside from the barber shop situation, there really wasn't much informative to us in this State of the Game. How about actually telling us what the future plans are, beyond the launch of RoTHC? Or that you're working on addressing long outstanding issues, some of which have existed since beta (and reported since then to).

You're not giving us a reason to have much faith in you guys. I love this game, as I'm a big fan of Star Wars, but there needs to be more public interface and transparency in what your goals and projects are, as well as paying attention to the community feedback.

Lyshar
03.25.2013 , 01:11 AM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
No one is "hating" anything. People paid for a product, and it's not living up to expectations, over a year later. If you really think the people who post about the things that ruin this game or are missing from the game are in the minority, your not living in reality either. Every single person in my 250 man Guild feels most of the same things I do and have said here. Were all sick of Cartel updates instead of fixing the game, and how utterly UGLY 90% of the new gear is in it. We all want Armor Dye and Hood up or Down. No Orbital Stations. Shuttle to all worlds and dailies from fleet. Daily vendor on fleet. Most of the members of my Guild will not PVP after lvl 50 because of how unbalanced and utterly frustrating it is. 13k HP people fighting 20k HP people is just sadomasochistic, and frankly wrong. That's not fun, that's stupid. I could go on with other things.

Again, the State of the Game article was a sham. And plenty of people in my guild feel the same way. More proof that Bioware is out of touch with reality.
I hear what you're saying and it's not just your guild.

And not nearly everyone visits the forums, if even 10 out of your guild come to the forums that is a LOT. I told people in the guild I'm in about that and they too do not agree. Just ask a general question on general in game, you'll get a lot of people responding exactly how we know they will, and disagreeing with the "state of the game".

I can make pretty much any claim in my guild and people will believe it, that is unless I am agreeing with things like this "state of the game" or say certain features will come even sooner.

- Cathar has been delayed way too often and is still being advertised like it can be expected... people do not believe it'll even come this year, and they shouldn't.
- Basic "barber shop" features should be made available for credits, at least for subscribers. Not talking species change here.
- "Barber shop" is going to come around the same time as Cathar, so not this year either. Better accept it now people.

- Other stuff they don't talk about, just don't expect it in the coming years.

Arekaine
03.25.2013 , 06:17 AM | #418
Sure is going to be funny when Disney comes along and fires everyone, right before they get another studio to come in and re-boot the game. Better get all the "hair cut" money you can.

parmie
03.25.2013 , 07:02 AM | #419
Last time I commented on one of these I asked for a more balanced view to give it more credence, theres some acceptance of issues but only when they're well past and a solution is in place.

There are signs lessons have been learnt, the gree event didn't force people into PvP like the Rakghoul event did.

The thing that may make me unsub is the performance of the merged servers, my game regularly locks up into massive spikes, many others continue to get disconnections both randomly and at specific points.

I still enjoy playing, although alting new classes is keeping it fresh rather than logging onto my main and doing stuff.

Crafting needs to be revamped, the cartel market drives some income for EA, fair enough, but we've had no new gear sets to craft since launch, the fixed random RE chance continues to be tiresome and even on basic materials like scavenging, missions create stockpiles of one and not enough of another.

On the pvp, I would agree. I've used it for the first time to level an alt and now he hit 50, can't see him ever doing a warzone again.

MadBernieSkills
03.25.2013 , 07:17 AM | #420
No mention of server transfers.
6 week schedule is now an 8 week schedule (but that doesn't bother me really)
Says more people of flashpoints and warzones, but F2P players can't do that without paying.
Barbershop, yeah, ok. I don't care, some do, so great for them.

How about...
Space without rails
PVP space
Card games
pod racing
the list goes on.

At least I can make my guy look like a cat person. For real money.