Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gordoma
03.21.2013 , 07:03 PM | #301
Clarification please:

Are all character appearance changes going to be offered only through Cartel Market? It makes a lot of sense for species changing to be in the Cartel Market, but very little for minor changes, such as "hair."

If all options are going to be offered only in Cartel Market Joan Rivers quote almost applies: "A woman went to a plastic surgeon and asked him to make her like Bo Derek. He gave her a lobotomy." Ok, its just a funny quote
May the Force be with you

Darth__Carnal
03.21.2013 , 07:04 PM | #302
Mr. Hickman,

Your team has been working on Makeb since summer of last year, if not longer. Is there another team devoted to content AFTER Makeb is released ? or are you working with a skeleton crew as many people have speculated with the "retirement" of the Doctors, the departure of George Lucas, the shift to Disney owning Star Wars, and the launch of the game ?

My concern is the longevity of this game, and it's struggle to keep a positive momentum since the events of last year.

Knowing that this game has a life after Makeb, and it's being worked on NOW, would help begin to restore faith in Bioware.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

Sheike
03.21.2013 , 07:11 PM | #303
Please stop ignoring PvP. That is all.

dsapp
03.21.2013 , 07:16 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
So read the post and all I can say is that I hope you've got lots of really good features, additions and content planned.
Because you allowing species change is an extremely large red cross as far as I'm concerned.
Very bad move.
Only my opinion of course, but honestly thought you'd be sensible and offer cosmetic changes (yer I know, all species are just cosmetic changes) but you know what I mean.
What difference does it make? 99% of every species is the exact same. The only difference is one social ability (Twi'lek dance, etc.). Every other characteristic is a carbon copy. I mean, why give different species different dances when they can just charge you for it in the CM, amirite?

dsapp
03.21.2013 , 07:18 PM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
Mr. Hickman,

Your team has been working on Makeb since summer of last year, if not longer. Is there another team devoted to content AFTER Makeb is released ? or are you working with a skeleton crew as many people have speculated with the "retirement" of the Doctors, the departure of George Lucas, the shift to Disney owning Star Wars, and the launch of the game ?

My concern is the longevity of this game, and it's struggle to keep a positive momentum since the events of last year.

Knowing that this game has a life after Makeb, and it's being worked on NOW, would help begin to restore faith in Bioware.
I doubt Disney has anything to do with what is going on at EA and Bioware. Same with Lucas. The guy just wants his cut of the money. As it is, Makeb is the very last of the content they had in their back pocket when they announced F2P. Like I said earlier, my guess is that team gets fired and replaced with artists to create more unique armor models, speeders, etc. for the Cartel Market. That's where the content will be from then on.

RikHar
03.21.2013 , 07:20 PM | #306
Seems like almost everything they're adding will cost cartel coins.

New customizations which many players want will also cost cartel coins? The success of the cartel market has gotten to their heads. I understand the business part but c'mon, now.

it's really getting ridiculous.

RikHar
03.21.2013 , 07:27 PM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Amazing, and entire thread of people who didn't know you get free cartel coins with your subscription every month.

O'yeah. I can see players counting on a few coins thrown their way.

RikHar
03.21.2013 , 07:37 PM | #308
Quote: Originally Posted by Frumyrfrenzy View Post
STOP making content subscribers have to pay for ON TOP of their subscription fee. We are NOT getting our money's worth!

Sad isn't it?

DarthVengeant
03.21.2013 , 07:44 PM | #309
Cartel coins to do something all Subscribers should be able to do.

He stated the "Sate of the Game was good". You must be living in a dream world buddy. The majority of people are NOT "happy" with the state of the game sir. You refuse to add the things people have requested since the game launched. Things like Armor Dye, Hood up or down, Guild Ship and Guild Tools for in game (Guild Calendar, Guild mail, etc), personal apartment on capital world, customizing your ship, furthering romance with your companion, etc. The way it looks now, you'll finally add it, but make it cartel garbage. Would it be a crime to give subscribers the things they deserve and not milk them? Make the FTP people do the cartel junk and milk them, let us who pay 15 bucks a month get the things we DESERVE.

And this is what you get when EA takes over.....

Jonoku
03.21.2013 , 07:50 PM | #310
I've already offered positive feedback but the flaw here is server transfers. I know you guys said something about APAC news next week but idk if you guys also mean transfers which is why I'm still bugging about it.

Where art thou Server Transfers?
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five