Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elfa
03.21.2013 , 02:45 PM | #251
I wouldn't be too worried about the customization coming through the CM, people will buy them and dump them en-mass onto the GTN, so you can easily buy them with credits.

People complain too much about the CM, there isn't anything on the CM that I haven't been able to buy with credits off the GTN, so why all the anger?
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Tazuras
03.21.2013 , 02:47 PM | #252
The game seems to be doing well, and that's great. Number of new accounts though, that number is largely meaningless, I mean it includes people that made an account, played for one minute, and then never played again. Retention is the number that means something, active players. You don't want to tell us those numbers, fine, but don't make it seem like that number is so meaningful.

skotish
03.21.2013 , 02:47 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Wulfbur View Post
I'd like to see paid character transfers I have two on two separate servers that were moved while I was not playing during the consolidation and would like them both on my new server
Agreed
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Novarium
03.21.2013 , 02:59 PM | #254
Are you freaking kidding me Jeff? your post is a complete load of BS!! How can you say any of that and actually expect the community to believe anything u say... over 7 months ago you acknowledged an issue with APAC servers and you have done absolutely **** all about it.. you even stated this in the first state of the game... what a load of **** do you job and fix the things the community want fixing and maybe actually fo your job and fix the APAC servers.. your attempts to do anything else are just pathetic. address the issues at hand instead of living in your shell with your fingers in your ear screaming "lalalalaalala" hoping in all goes away
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

Swifz
03.21.2013 , 03:01 PM | #255
False promises have been made since launch. Going from a substantial raise of the lvl cap, same sex relationship to more races to play. All that in the first 6 months. That's a huge reason why you guys lost so many. You made promises and ppl got tired of reading them and moved on.

You are saying that you are adding content so that players don't have to wait... well it's been a while since we've seen any, unless the Event counts for content, which i it shouldn't as they are freakin dailies. Most updates are 90% cartel related, i got to say that some stuff is cool but when you base your updates mainly on Cartel stuff you are missing the point of the updates.

All and all I'll believe it when i see it cause your track record sucks.
As new "Exciting" Content is inexistent.

I find myself taking longer breaks from this game every time.

OldRepJedi
03.21.2013 , 03:12 PM | #256
I gotta say that I don't like the idea of using the CM for a simple thing like hair color change. Doesn't make any sense for something so trivial. And doing a complete species change? Don't like that either. Not very realistic. Even in a fantasy world. And quality of life improvements. Yeah, not sure what that means, but it probably means more CM stuff that they want you to spend more RL money on. I want new Class content. I want my character's story to continue. I want as a subscriber to have the option to visit the Barber Shop for free. You want to charge F2P players for that option, go ahead. But as a subscriber, I feel that content like that should be free of charge as I am already paying you monthly. No I don't have a sense of entitlement, but you are fast changing this from what could have been a great MMO to The Sims: Star Wars Edition. I know the CM is your moneymaker now, and I get it. You lost a lot of subscribers. But you are going to lose even more if you keep this direction up. All you are doing now is putting out CM drivel with nothing for subs and no new game content (New DLC not withstanding). There should be ways to get the rare gear in drops in Operations, even if it is just fluff items. But you seem to have forgotten about your subscribers. That in my view is the state of the game. Subs don't count anymore because you have your CM shop. And as long as that keeps making you money, subs are forgotten. Continuing story content is forgotten. You say you monitor the forums and all you came away with is a Barber Shop? Talk about selective hearing. So my state of the game is this: You don't care that subs want new content. You CM shop is your priority. State of the Game: Unacceptable.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies

kirorx
03.21.2013 , 03:16 PM | #257
Chat bubbles

What is the point of playing with a thousand other players if I don't communicate with them

Chat bubbles make meeting random people out in the world a lot more frequent and easier when I can see that another player is trying to greet me
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Nadnerb_Fett
03.21.2013 , 03:16 PM | #258
Maybe instead of adding trivial crap to the game you can get the servers working properly first...... just a thought

Elfa
03.21.2013 , 03:17 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
I gotta say that I don't like the idea of using the CM for a simple thing like hair color change. Doesn't make any sense for something so trivial. And doing a complete species change? Don't like that either. Not very realistic. Even in a fantasy world. And quality of life improvements. Yeah, not sure what that means, but it probably means more CM stuff that they want you to spend more RL money on. I want new Class content. I want my character's story to continue. I want as a subscriber to have the option to visit the Barber Shop for free. You want to charge F2P players for that option, go ahead. But as a subscriber, I feel that content like that should be free of charge as I am already paying you monthly. No I don't have a sense of entitlement, but you are fast changing this from what could have been a great MMO to The Sims: Star Wars Edition. I know the CM is your moneymaker now, and I get it. You lost a lot of subscribers. But you are going to lose even more if you keep this direction up. All you are doing now is putting out CM drivel with nothing for subs and no new game content (New DLC not withstanding). There should be ways to get the rare gear in drops in Operations, even if it is just fluff items. But you seem to have forgotten about your subscribers. That in my view is the state of the game. Subs don't count anymore because you have your CM shop. And as long as that keeps making you money, subs are forgotten. Continuing story content is forgotten. You say you monitor the forums and all you came away with is a Barber Shop? Talk about selective hearing. So my state of the game is this: You don't care that subs want new content. You CM shop is your priority. State of the Game: Unacceptable.
If it will make you happy, I'll buy the hair change off the CM when it comes in and sell it to you dirt cheap.

Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Chat bubbles

What is the point of playing with a thousand other players if I don't communicate with them

Chat bubbles make meeting random people out in the world a lot more frequent and easier when I can see that another player is trying to greet me
Dude, have you seen the lag issues on fleet? Can you imagine adding chat bubbles to that?! That's why they haven't shown up yet, they can't figure out how to eliminate the lag issue.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

HammersteinSW
03.21.2013 , 03:20 PM | #260
Still no word about server transfers...