Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 11:05 AM | #131
Story updates. When, how often? Why no news? This is sickening.

Nydus
03.21.2013 , 11:06 AM | #132
To address some of the comments regarding the Cartel Market that keep spilling force.

As the self-declared one-time representative of the moderates on this forum , I will say that I think the Cartel Market has operated much more unobtrusively than I had anticipated.

My general rule of thumb is that if it is new content, B.W. is within their rights to deliver it through the C.M. This is not the wisest action if you want to keep me subscriptions. I'm paying whatever a month so I get access to everything I need to complete the game (storylines, operations, etc.) and compete with other players in PVP. The second I need to whip out my credit card to do any of the above I'm gone.

B.W. seems to appreciate the above.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

LanceCorporalDan
03.21.2013 , 11:08 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Twaggy View Post
Haha, cartel coins for hair change. It's actually a clever idea, besides he said through the cartel market. How do you know that doesn't mean once you have bought it once you can change as many times as you like? There were no specifics so you can't whine about it already.
Because this is a quality of life feature that should be entirely serparate from the CM. Using ingame creds, not Cartel Coins.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Glower
03.21.2013 , 11:08 AM | #134
Blah-blah-blah Cartel Market, blah-blah-blah 8weeks/2 months, blah-blah-blah at the end of the summer! Nice scale!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

veyl
03.21.2013 , 11:09 AM | #135
A cartel barber shop? I'd hope that was just poorly worded and what you meant to say was "Race changes = CM coins"

Because you'll never have anyone pay Cartel Coins to change their hairstyle... not when every other MMO who has a barber shop, does it for free, in the game.

If you had an "advanced barber shop" where you gave the ability to use sliders like the character creation should've had at launch (that the beta testers continually said and brought up) You might get someone to spend some RL money on making changes to their characters.

But if it costs 2 dollars to change eye colors... it'll be another wasted feature that you spent development time on instead of giving players what they actually wanted. Content.

HonorThyGamer
03.21.2013 , 11:13 AM | #136
lol wow I'm actually feeling sorry for Bioware. You guys really know how to complain don't you? I swear, the team could do absolutely everything right at this point and you guys would still nitpick about every single little thing. Have you ever, at least once, considered that they don't tell you stuff because they don't have a definitive answers themselves? You keep demanding answers to certain things and giving them **** when they probably don't have any answers to give.

And then there's the idiots threatening to go f2p. Go right ahead. I've heard significantly less positive feedback from people going from p2p to f2p than I have f2p to p2p. You just go ahead and stop paying to prove a point. Your point is that you want (insert any combination of a million things here) and unless you get it you're going to stop giving them the money that could actually get you those things.

Now don't get me wrong I can understand your complaints, but as far as I can tell that's all people are doing about it. Just complaining nonstop and hoping someone will come and see what all the fuss is about.

In this case, the squeaky wheel doesn't get the oil. It's worked until it breaks and then replaced while they try to find a way to fix the problem next time.

Thepainfairy
03.21.2013 , 11:14 AM | #137
Dear Jeff,

I am glad you are 'committed' to improving player experience, all though I would like to question your statement "Our new, high capacity servers are teeming with people?" and draw your attention to the most viewed thread on SWTOR forums regarding the plight of the APAC servers and the frustration the entire APAC community seems to be experiencing with the rather extended lack of action to address this problem by your staff unfortunately.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

We would really appreciate some kind of a non cut n paste repeat type reply "if possible", explaining what are the issues behind not being able to implement any of the suggestions given and if there is kind of time frame or action plan yet to fix the problems mentioned in this thread.

xxbadtouchxx
03.21.2013 , 11:14 AM | #138
I love the mention of adding in a way to edit your characters physical appearance. I've been calling for something like this for quite some time. Might I make a few suggestions:

Make this feature a selectable Crew Skill. This would further encourage more social interaction between players. Cartel Coins are great, but lets keep them for items and fun unlocks. Encouraging a stronger social interaction will keep people in the game and get more people into the game via word of mouth.

While adding appearance customization to the game, why not add in, perhaps as another aspect to Appearance Editing as a crew skill, the ability to craft dyes, to allow fore greater variety in armor/clothing colors.

Having an apperance editor crew skill could also be a good way to put new hair style, eye colors etc into the game that would not be available at character creating. Further funneling social interaction.

LordHartigan
03.21.2013 , 11:19 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Because this is a quality of life feature that should be entirely serparate from the CM. Using ingame creds, not Cartel Coins.
How is it a quality of life feature? Changing something cosmetically doesn't improve the quality of your character. It's entirely unneccessary as far as game progression goes. Which are EXACTLY the things that are supposed to be on the cartel market.

Winguardian
03.21.2013 , 11:19 AM | #140
This is rediculous. So much flaming and whining about this and every cartel item put on the cartel markets is able to be purchased with CREDITS. People getting a hissy fit over nothing. Oh well they need their drama I guess. Enjoy it, savor it..