Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tarackian
03.21.2013 , 10:39 AM | #121
Glad you will allow us to change species. I was just thinking last night all of my character slots are occupied and if any new species are added I wouldn't be able to create one.

Jagdfalke
03.21.2013 , 10:42 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by BerinLearth View Post
He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?
QFT
I could not agree more.
Cartelcoins for the barbershop is so LOL, sry A but why should i pay real money for a tiny little feature that i become for (very little) in game money in every other game i know?

kevlarto
03.21.2013 , 10:45 AM | #123
He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?
I agree, sounds like they have no content planned after makeb, and those 5 levels will be had quickly and back to nothing to do by a lot of people, out of those 2 million ACCOUNTS, what % logs in and plays, accounts do note equal players, all in all state of the game #3 is a big let down, and does not give me hope for the future.. /sigh
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Nomaad
03.21.2013 , 10:48 AM | #124
Nothing but the usual hoopla from EA/BW.

LordHartigan
03.21.2013 , 10:49 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
As for RoHC? Well, there is no question that a lot is invested in the success of the xpac. I think it will, in large part, set the course for the year. So... we will see. One thing that is still not clear, are the Cathar part of the expansion or not? It seems like they should be, but I have heard or seen it clearly defined.

In general a positive message. Thanks for the update. But a great deal remains to be seen with regard to the success of the game this year.
Cathar were announced a long time ago. My theory is it got swept under the rug because they didn't figure the logistics too well (i.e. would people be allowed to switch toons to new races, only apply to new characters). This I think is the only real solution to that. Seems like a small inconsequential thing, but new races and the ability to change is probably on my high end of things I wanted to see happen. Curious as to how far they'll go with that in terms of just changing skins or essentially let you re-create your character down to body and facial features.

LanceCorporalDan
03.21.2013 , 10:56 AM | #126

^ This x10 BW!!! Expresses my very feelings.

But overall, good job on the game so far, so long as you keep straight on this path I'll stay subbed. I won't get into want I would like sepcifically but you should take a look at pvp content and overall quality of life features for all players. These few wz's and the nonexistent world pvp system is frustrating. You can read the forums for specifics if need be.

Keep us in the loop, and keep marching on.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Nydus
03.21.2013 , 10:59 AM | #127
I think a good update.

Barbershop, etc. is well received. I'm perplexed at the addition of species changing but I'm not against it exactly.

My motto is, as always, more choice the better. There has been some great new content recently.

I still haven't purchased a single item on the CM, but I did like some of the items associated with the Gree Event.

Malak costume is well received. You guys are getting closer to my wallet.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Kunixp
03.21.2013 , 11:00 AM | #128
I think the game is going good personally. There are way too many "Chicken Littles" on these forums. The devs announce things with not too much detail and the negative players assume the worst.

I personally would like to see character transfers happen. I think the barbershop should be an in game credit purchase but the racial change should be cartel coins. The last major thing I would like to see is legacy name changes. THAT would be awesome.

For the most part, I am happy with the game and I will continue to sub and enjoy what I have.
Autumnrose 65 Sentinel, Zastastia 65 Commando, Unfi Sage, Augraine Scoundrel
Chy'raxx Shadow, Deviliah Guardian
Shoushi 65 Sorcerer, Arkadienne 65 Operative, Agalin 65 Powertech, Konvix 65 Mercenary, Uziz Juggernaut, Xandarjj Sniper, Dauber Marauder

Jemfisto
03.21.2013 , 11:02 AM | #129
Thanks for the update Jeff. You said everything I wanted to hear. I'm glad to see after the hutt expansion they have some time to focus on quality of life features. Keep up the good work Bioware there are so many out there enjoying the game despite the many complainers on the forums.

BogeyD
03.21.2013 , 11:04 AM | #130
All good news, I am happy to hear about all of the new stuff coming our way. I still want Character Transfers back though