Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith empire has lost

Sickboy_
03.21.2013 , 01:27 AM | #1
The emperors dead. Malgus is dead and took many generals and siths with him. The republic won on pretty much every world except taris which doesnt matter. All the republic class stories are about beating the empire, while all the empire class stories are about killing other sith/imperials(sole exception being BH).

The only reason the sith empire still exists is because this is an MMO.

KaleTogras
03.21.2013 , 01:58 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sickboy_ View Post
The emperors dead. Malgus is dead and took many generals and siths with him. The republic won on pretty much every world except taris which doesnt matter. All the republic class stories are about beating the empire, while all the empire class stories are about killing other sith/imperials(sole exception being BH).

Feel the grip of the Wrath. Let this cowardly statement be the last you ever poisoned the Empire with [Force Choke] .

And now I command you to click on this link and go to the 3rd page, where the glorious prospects of a New Imperial Century is outlined!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=610841

KaleTogras
03.21.2013 , 03:00 AM | #3
(But you're right - if this was a novel, this would've been the end of the Sith Empire - a thousand years to build, a couple measly betrayals and defeats to lose :/)

Zaxem
03.21.2013 , 04:01 AM | #4

unless i missed something only the voice is dead
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

platinumruggo
03.21.2013 , 04:01 AM | #5
That is unfortunately how the sith roll. Their whole philosophy revolves around strength and power and fear and what not. It's really the whole reason they basically lose everytime they fight the Jedi.

Blackholeskipper
03.21.2013 , 06:33 AM | #6

I think multiple threads on this already exist are still active. Just use search next time.

Here:
Has the Empire lost the war? Totally?

It's in the same forum, on the first page...

Quote: Originally Posted by KaleTogras View Post
And now I command you to click on this link and go to the 3rd page, where the glorious prospects of a New Imperial Century is outlined!

Well there you go!

XantosCledwin
03.21.2013 , 09:34 AM | #7
Technically at the end of the class storylines as they stand currently (pre-hutt cartel storyline) the Sith Emperor is not dead. Rather he is simply in a state of extended hibernation brought on by some weird psychic whiplash that knocked him unconscious when his "Voice" was killed. Though that Voice is not his real form or physical embodiment in any sense of the world. The real Emperor is still very much alive elsewhere in the universe.
The Cledwin Legacy / The Shadowlands / Eternal Dawn
Refer-a-Friend: www.swtor.com/r/5F4mzB

Sickboy_
03.21.2013 , 03:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by XantosCledwin View Post
Technically at the end of the class storylines as they stand currently (pre-hutt cartel storyline) the Sith Emperor is not dead. Rather he is simply in a state of extended hibernation brought on by some weird psychic whiplash that knocked him unconscious when his "Voice" was killed. Though that Voice is not his real form or physical embodiment in any sense of the world. The real Emperor is still very much alive elsewhere in the universe.
I have all classes to 50 cept the agent. In the knight storyline you do kill the emperor. The sith warrior does get an email saying the emperor is somehow alive, but that only means one thing: the sith emperors being saved for a future patch/expansion to be brought back for the sole purpose of being turned into a loot pinata. Maybe satele shan will get the same treatment. I hope so. But the sith empire still lost and shouldnt even exist at this point.

jovianus
03.21.2013 , 07:05 PM | #9
I have all classes to 50 cept the agent. In the knight storyline you do kill the emperor. The sith warrior does get an email saying the emperor is somehow alive, but that only means one thing: the sith emperors being saved for a future patch/expansion to be brought back for the sole purpose of being turned into a loot pinata. Maybe satele shan will get the same treatment. I hope so. But the sith empire still lost and shouldnt even exist at this point.
Why? The machinery of the Empire is still in place, the Dark Council is still functioning, no Imperial Core Worlds have been lost. Hell, the Emperor has been largely detached from the business of the Empire for years anyway.

By that logic the Republic shouldn't exist in this game, given that Coruscant was in flames and the heart of the Jedi Order was razed.

I personally find it annoying that absolutely everything seems to be going the Republic's way, but even the death of the Emperor is not nearly the same kind of blow to the Empire that the Republic suffered when their capital was sacked and the Jedi were drive out of the seat of the Order.

XantosCledwin
03.21.2013 , 09:47 PM | #10
If you have all classes to 50, then you should know that what you fought in the Jedi Knight's Final Class Battle was not the Emperor but instead basically what amounts to the Emperor's body double. In fact none of the classes actually get the opportunity to fight the actual Emperor as of yet. In fact I don't believe the actual Emperor has a physical manifestation which we can actually fight anymore to begin with. Or at least not one that is sufficiently substantial enough to make it worth fighting.

In essence the way I am understanding the way the Emperor exists in the current time frame is basically that he amounts to a force sensitive Goa'uld with sort of the same kinds of powers and existence as Anubis. That would make him kind of difficult to kill to begin with.

Also, it should be noted, that in Star Wars Canon (generally the expanded Universe) killing the Emperor has never been evidence that you have killed the Empire itself. Given that killing Emperor Palpatine did not finish off the Galactic Empire in any way shape or form, and the Rebellion still had a long way to go before it saw it's final victory over the forces of the Galactic Empire.
The Cledwin Legacy / The Shadowlands / Eternal Dawn
Refer-a-Friend: www.swtor.com/r/5F4mzB