Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

character preview window does not work for companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
character preview window does not work for companions

TexasMarine
03.21.2013 , 12:53 AM | #1
So, Just read the know issues and did not see this. And seeing as the few tickets i've sent in-game all get closed with no results by the MO-TO bot. I have decided to post here in the hopes I get SOMETHING back from an ACTUAL PERSON. Especially since this has been going on since they added the weapon holster option to the preview window.

so , here is the issue:

On all of my toons 1 of 2 things occur, if not both.
A) in place of the companion there is a gray or green, texture-less 3d rendering of their torso or feet pushed up to the top of the screen. Adding more gear to be previewed, changing skins, and removing previewed items has no effect as to what is seen on screen.
B) If there are multiple companions, regardless of who is my current companion, one is chosen (T7 for my knight) to start in preview, even if the name is for another comp. selecting the next in-line may or may not cause them to appear. In the off chance they do appear switching back or going forward only moves to a gray screen with nothing on it.

Can I please get some feedback on this. If other are having this issue please speak up so it can be fixed or at the very least become a "known issue"

thank you for your time.

cabled
03.21.2013 , 12:58 AM | #2
it is a known issue that has been floating around. theres a fair number of issues acknowledged in the dev tracker but not in the "Known Issues" thread.
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Drassk
03.21.2013 , 01:01 AM | #3
Try removing your companion's Customization if they have one.

TexasMarine
03.21.2013 , 01:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cabled View Post
it is a known issue that has been floating around. theres a fair number of issues acknowledged in the dev tracker but not in the "Known Issues" thread.
ok...never could get through the dev tracker...to many freakin pages lol. My big thing is just that I want a no-**** person to respond, not MO-TO bot. everything that gets a response from that seems to go into a black hole

Quote: Originally Posted by Drassk View Post
Try removing your companion's Customization if they have one.
As I said in my post, I've tried that, but thanks for the input none the less

cabled
03.21.2013 , 01:35 AM | #5
well that happens coz its an issue for which there isnt an answer the bot can give you at this time :S
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

PziCrow
03.21.2013 , 02:36 AM | #6
If you sent this as a bug report, the ticket will get closed and you wont get an answer from any BW staff. But they do look into it.
Usually, the workaround for this bug is to just take off any comstumization, close the preview window (or "scroll" to another companion, then back to the bugged), then reopen the preview window.
If this doesn't work, I'm -->
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy