Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The time has come to revamp Civil War

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The time has come to revamp Civil War

UltimateKrucible
03.20.2013 , 05:06 PM | #1
I think I speak for most PvPrs whan I say that it's time to redesign this WZ because of the problem of only needing one node to win once you are past a point in time.

I was playing it today and the opposition team held two until the very second (which was at something like 380 points) they only needed one to win, and then they all decamped to snow.

In those circumstances - with eight on one node which has a direct speeder to it - it was simply impossible for my team to win the match. Even if we overwhelmed the node and killed all of the opposition team, we could never have done it fast enough to stop someone coming back to interrupt .

I like Civil War as a map - but it strikes me that it's broken if you can guarantee a win before the mid way point.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Morde_
03.20.2013 , 05:36 PM | #2
As well, most competitive RWZ games are decided by the first 20 seconds of a civil war.

Usually the team who gets first cap will win pretty easily. It's made even more frustrating because it leads to matches lasting 20 minutes for the fight for mid.
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

NoTomorrow
03.20.2013 , 05:42 PM | #3
Its the worst wz map out there. It needs to be completely overhauled.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

DeepFreese
03.20.2013 , 05:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
As well, most competitive RWZ games are decided by the first 20 seconds of a civil war.

Usually the team who gets first cap will win pretty easily. It's made even more frustrating because it leads to matches lasting 20 minutes for the fight for mid.
These are sometimes the most frustrating games. It's 18 minutes of knowing the outcome. Really brutal.
Creus
Robbs(Sniper) Robs(Assassin) Croozz(Jugg) Harata(Guardian) Se'an(Powertech) and Se-an(Marauder)
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

cashogy_reborn
03.20.2013 , 05:46 PM | #5
there was a short time during the 1.1 series of patches where there were no side speeders in A:CW. best matches ive been in for that warzone. they were much more tactical, and a lot less zergy
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Morde_
03.20.2013 , 05:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
there was a short time during the 1.1 series of patches where there were no side speeders in A:CW. best matches ive been in for that warzone. they were much more tactical, and a lot less zergy
This would be a good start.

Reminds me of how Voidstar didn't always have the barrier in the middle. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to cap in a RWZ VS if that was still the case?

CW is a similar situation. Against good teams, it's simply too difficult to cap a node unless a node guard ****s up.

I've won and lost 7v8 games because of getting the first cap and playing like a ***** to defend mid.
Scold
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

UltimateKrucible
03.20.2013 , 06:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
I think this is one solution - altering how the cannons fire would be another.

It just needs a simple fix, because I honestly think it's a good WZ if they could just make it work.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

MidichIorian
03.20.2013 , 07:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Its the worst wz map out there. It needs to be completely overhauled.
Naw, worst is by far VS. Every normal warzone on the map is decided by the teams luck with the barrier. They should revert it to the version without the fence in the middle.

The barrier on AHG is pretty crappy too but it seems to have less affect on the outcome. They really need to tweak it though because it is taking WAAAAY too long and nothing's more frustrating than first having waited what feeels like 30 secs for it and then have to wait for the explosion to pass. It's also going the wrong way from some odd reason. People are already having trouble with understanding the mechanic on AHG so what was the point of making the barrier timer tick clockwise when it's counter clockwise everywhere els?

TrigPt
03.20.2013 , 07:10 PM | #9
I've been on the winning side once when we needed a 3 cap to win. Only needed the triple cap for 20-30secs to get the lead as it was near the end of a close game and the opposition hadn't had time to get defenders in place. Made all the more memorable as it was my 1000th win on that toon.

But like I said I've seen it once in a lot of games played so Civil War does need fixing.

Not sure what would be best but I'd like to see Novare Coast style capping.
Have the turrets turn in ticks the more rotated towards your enemies ship the more damage it did.

rlamela
03.20.2013 , 08:43 PM | #10
civil war is worst map by far. I hate loading into it because I know win or lose 2 minutes into match one team will be farming defender medals. There has to be something done with this. Maybe only allow first 2 people at the node to collect defender medals. That way when you have 2 nodes the off node can still have 2 people defend it.

Jenna'syyde