Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
05.06.2013 , 12:35 PM | #81
Right. So far we've more players bothered with double hood and the fact that mistakes are acknowledges and refused to get fixed because players got used to them :]
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Kellorion
05.06.2013 , 12:43 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric
So, the most iconic character in the kotor lore doesnt get to have proper gear in game, so no Revan gear fix now or ever,seems right.

Just release it as a new, proper non doubled hooded gear set, not in a pack on the GTN. Maybe release 2 with and with out a cape.

This is just ********!
Lashon Orion'Nuruodo Tiran-Ori Ken
Eagerly waiting for Cathar, Cereans, Natoluans, Nikto, Togruta's, Voss & Weequay.
I got a bad feeling about this.....post.

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.06.2013 , 12:45 PM | #83
This is a horrible precedent to set. Grant it the spymaster debacle was a mess, but this is going to be just as bad if not worse. So basically you're setting a precedent that once somethings in game you won't fix it, even if it's bugged? This sounds like an excuse to save dev costs / be lazy. The ultimate fix for the spymasters set (cloning the set and having two versions) seems like a much more logical solution.

Arbil
05.06.2013 , 12:46 PM | #84
I wear my Revan chest piece with a, uhh....vinesilk face mask I think it is called. So on my character it works perfect because it doesn't put the hood over my head so it is laying across my back. Looks fine. I would like a hood toggle, though. I would be okay with being able to put the hood up and down on my mask but not if they "fixed it" and I had the hood over my mask and laying over my back at the same time. Yea, two hoods is no good. I agree with ppl getting a little upset over decisions like this. It seems that the priority is adding new stuff to the cartel market on a regular basis and fixing bugs and listening to the community for what we want implemented is pretty low on the list at EA/Bioware. This is probably making them tons of money but if they don't change they way they are doing this it is going to kill the game.

Alec_Fortescue
05.06.2013 , 12:48 PM | #85
Yeh, bad precedence. Very bad.
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

JimG
05.06.2013 , 12:50 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Now everything makes sense to me. You guys are so utterly disconnected and uncaring about your game that you would rather have a half a**ed game full of easily fixed bugs, then something of quality.
People want QUALITY, not quantity. That's something these corporations just don't seem to grasp anymore.
I seriously can't believe this kind of statement. Flat out refuse to fix something in your game. "face palm"
Well, what he actually said was "If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so". The problem here is that the vocal minority always appears larger than it is on the internet. I could name a few people who have posted dozens and dozens of times about this....but each of them is only 1 person. Someone needs to start up a "poll" thread asking how many people wanted this changed. He said basically they are going to go with what the majority of players want...not just the 10-15 loudest players. If I was asked for my vote, I'd vote for them to fix it too...although it won't ruin my day if they don't. So one of you guys that is all upset about this needs to start up a poll thread and see how much support you can get from the rest of the community to have this changed. They've already said they'll change it if that's what the players want...so show them that's what the players want.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
This by far seems more like a, "We honestly already made our money off of Revan's robes and don't feel like spending the money or man power to fix it like we did before."
I don't know much money they made off the Revan robes. They weren't directly sold on the Cartel Market. The GTN is constantly flooded with them and they are pretty cheap to get off the GTN. They were a pretty common item in the packs....it's not like someone needed to buy 20 packs to get one.

Aelther
05.06.2013 , 12:51 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
To be honest: I think we'll see ORIGINAL Revan's set in the last shipment of the contraband packs. That's why they can't really be bothered.
If that's truly the case then I can understand their decision, however if they are NOT planning on adding any kind of original Revan's set then I am really disappointed with this decision. Out of all the characters who got very good recreations of their sets, THE MAIN AND MOST ICONIC ONE gets the middle finger, because some guys WHO DON'T GIVE A C**P ABOUT THAT CHARACTER might object. And it's coming from a company which considers story very important...

ShenLongKazama
05.06.2013 , 12:52 PM | #88
Actually the hood bug is not bothering me at all, i'd rather see a hooded down version and they should atleast make the robes darker.

Alec_Fortescue
05.06.2013 , 12:55 PM | #89
If they could at least fix the set's colouring, yeh!

ShenLongKazama
05.06.2013 , 12:57 PM | #90
Ironically they can't fix the outfit of KOTOR's most memorable and awesome character, but can add the crappy Brianna outfit.