Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ember
06.25.2013 , 07:33 PM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Did you not look at Magnusheart's post? They messed up the color.
You mean his character select screenshot? Where everything in the first screenshot is darker, character, outfit, background due to different graphic settings? Yes I did look at that and saw that they are exactly the same.

Magnusheart
06.25.2013 , 07:38 PM | #612
Pre 1.6.1 Body type 3 male Sith Warrior
http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Post 1.6.1 Body type 3 male Sith Warrior
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ptorx5.jpg

You honestly think those are exactly the same? Your blind. Even with bloom turned on in the newer picture that doesn't change how dark the robes were.

Jemfisto
06.25.2013 , 07:38 PM | #613
Bioware isn't dumb. They know MANY Revan fans are happy they fixed the clipping. Its worth pointing out however that the color seems to be slightly off, although it could easily be the lighting.

The lighting graphics actually effects other things such as lightsabers, and people have complained about the color of sabers being off such as the green, but Bioware has been listening and added the mint green saber which is much better. So don't be surprised if this isn't changed because its just how it is.

Corrupted_Soul
06.25.2013 , 07:48 PM | #614
Quote: Originally Posted by Sprgmr View Post
If clothing in a game was your tipping point then you've got to reevaluate a few things. Also, this exact entitled, whiny, ************ response is why I don't blame them if they stay away from the forums. Y'all wanted these pieces the same color and according to his numbers, they are. Pro-tip: You're eyes, and the screen, lie. They took time to fix this and they don't get an ounce of gratitude. They don't even get polite criticism. All they get is scathing hate. If they had made it so they "looked" the same, but actually weren't you'd still yell at them.
^this. All of it.

Magnus, the pics are no those pics don't look the same. Not the robes, not the red lights, not the overhead lights, and not the mask. So, they only prove you took them at different settings. Good Job! I've agreed with the vast majority of what you've said in this thread up till this. If you want to prove the colors are different then I suggest pulling the color # off off both pics at multiple location in said pics and compare what color shifting happens. If the mask is say 3 shades darker and the robe is 3 shades darker to, then they are the same color. Given how darker one of your pics looks vs the other, I'm willing to believe bioware.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 07:54 PM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Ember View Post
You mean his character select screenshot? Where everything in the first screenshot is darker, character, outfit, background due to different graphic settings? Yes I did look at that and saw that they are exactly the same.
That is how the model looked before they bugged it.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 07:55 PM | #616
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Pre 1.6.1 Body type 3 male Sith Warrior
http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Post 1.6.1 Body type 3 male Sith Warrior
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ptorx5.jpg

You honestly think those are exactly the same? Your blind. Even with bloom turned on in the newer picture that doesn't change how dark the robes were.
^ We have true Revan Haters and BioWare fanboys in this thread.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 07:56 PM | #617
Quote: Originally Posted by Corrupted_Soul View Post
^this. All of it.

Magnus, the pics are no those pics don't look the same. Not the robes, not the red lights, not the overhead lights, and not the mask. So, they only prove you took them at different settings. Good Job! I've agreed with the vast majority of what you've said in this thread up till this. If you want to prove the colors are different then I suggest pulling the color # off off both pics at multiple location in said pics and compare what color shifting happens. If the mask is say 3 shades darker and the robe is 3 shades darker to, then they are the same color. Given how darker one of your pics looks vs the other, I'm willing to believe bioware.
That is a very risky statement.

Tythonians
06.25.2013 , 08:09 PM | #618
Revan's chest was definitely changed to a lighter shade of gray. However, this might be the intended color: do you have a good reason as to why it is not meant to be the current color?

I personally like the original dark color much much more, and I suspect that holds true for the majority of people.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 08:54 PM | #619
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
The color period for the entire set.

YOU CAN SEE it used to be darker, BECAUSE. Revan's face mask does not share the same color as the chestpeice anymore since that patch 1.6.1. You can see they are off color. Because the mask's cover retains to the color it used to be.
^ BioWare, fix the damn set.

SomeJagoff
06.25.2013 , 09:02 PM | #620
Since Bioware isn't going to fix the color on the robe, easiest/cheapest fix for them is to enable dying of the revan robe, then people can spend more cartel coins on random dye packs hoping to get a black, then dye the robe the original colors.

And yes, the rob has changed, when it was first released, it was brown based black on the character portrait, now it's just light brown.

P.S. The Investigator armor and several others of the same style still have the double hood.
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?