Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ulrah
06.25.2013 , 02:19 PM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by Oragummi View Post
It's not just the color that hasn't been fixed, it's everything. Nothing about this armor set has changed in the patch. There are still double hoods aswell.
The double hood was fixed. Compare it to the Investigator's Robe.

That said... the Investigator's Robe still need the double hood fixed

Oragummi
06.25.2013 , 02:21 PM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulrah View Post

I just checked you're absolutely right about the double hoods being fixed, sorry about that. The color still needs to be fixed though.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 02:26 PM | #563
Since this thread is about fixing Revan's armor, and his armor still isn't fixed, then this thread should be active until his armor is fixed.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 02:29 PM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulrah View Post

No you don't. BioWare might change the set color to green and then EricMusco will clarify that it is working as intended.

LostRedden
06.25.2013 , 02:42 PM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

I checked with the team and Revan's armor has been updated to directly mirror the Revan NPC found in-game. That is intended and there are currently no further changes planned.

-eric
You blatantly lied to us, again. It's not just the issue that you didn't keep your word. The issue is you continually do this time and time again. Please change it overall like you said you would.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 03:10 PM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by LostRedden View Post
You blatantly lied to us, again. It's not just the issue that you didn't keep your word. The issue is you continually do this time and time again. Please change it overall like you said you would.
^ This.

Although, knowing BioWare, they will most likely ignore this and move along.

Magnusheart
06.25.2013 , 03:18 PM | #567
Quote: Originally Posted by LostRedden View Post
It wasn't an over all change. it was just appearance fixes.

They never *********** said they were going to scrap this set and make a new one. They are smarter than that than to alter an armor set people already purchased from packs, GTN, or collections. Bug fixes. Lower robe being all brown instead of black and red, the double hood, and the light grey instead of black robes. Nothing more. They are not going to piss away resources to make a new set from scratch when one already exists.

Alec_Fortescue
06.25.2013 , 03:20 PM | #568
Lol, what's wrong now? Magnus, you can tell me. Did they fix the thing?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg http://imgur.com/7nHRBnW http://i.imgur.com/5J9oXnP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ek3XDEc.jpg

I would love KotOR 1 Jedi robes, too!

Magnusheart
06.25.2013 , 03:22 PM | #569
They forgot the light grey bug. Robes are still not black like they were before 1.6.1 patch happened. And people who assumed they were making a brand new set are now starting to cry because they thought "appearance bug fixes" means brand new.

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 03:25 PM | #570
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
They forgot the light grey bug. Robes are still not black like they were before 1.6.1 patch happened. And people who assumed they were making a brand new set are now starting to cry because they thought "appearance bug fixes" means brand new.
I am fighting for the light grey bug fix. Not the KOTOR armor.