Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithEBM
06.05.2013 , 04:56 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Yeah dude, read this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641603

Its my compiled list of everything infected with a double hood bug.

INCLUDING DARTH MARR in RoTHC
I remember seeing that..... I find myself /facepalming a lot in this game, and on the forums.

Darth Marr deserves some love too.

xorcist
06.05.2013 , 06:07 PM | #532
@ Eric Musco,
As with the other KOTOR character outfits, there should be only one outfit with the name Revan's on it. The look of the current set appears as a shortcut for the teams to get the content out as quickly as possible due to deadlines at the time (aka flashpoints etc). It carries the poorly created textures, before the extra effort was taken to create more decent looking CM character gear. Primary color is not dark enough. Appearance is a reskin of an already existing model (obvious). It's not unique enough to stand out as the great icon of the Old Republic as he should. With the lesser supporting characters, which of course have much more unique models for their style, better textures, and more true to the characters they were taken from than Revan's current appearance. It clearly shows that you, the Bioware staff are serious about making this right. It was a mistake early on, and should be amended. Better now than later. Thank You Eric, and the rest of the Bioware team for the announcement. I am very pleased for the update to his gear, and have been waiting ever since I first laid eyes on it to hear someone from Bioware to come forward and let us know that they will complete what was unfinished, and change what looked so obviously wrong. It is good news to know that the Bioware staff does not intend to create a whole new set for Revan's gear in order to leech more money (aka cash grab) out of customers than they already have in the past.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Magnusheart
06.05.2013 , 06:26 PM | #533
The set that is sold in packs, sold as the unlock "Armor of Darth Revan" in collections should not be altered other than the 2 remaining appearance bugs. Modifying an existing set has already had a raiding party attacking Bioware before on this matter. What has been advertised and sold as this armor IS the armor. No substitutions.

This is Swtor. This is Revan in SWTOR. This is not Kotor. You want Kotor, buy it off steam for 8 dollars.

All of Eric Musco's replies to this thread were using the word. FIX. Not UPDATE OR CHANGE.

People who like/own the existing verison of the set have more priority over a set that is sold over one that doesn't exist in this video game. They would never alter the set outside of bugfixes because
1. They would be liars over what they claimed to be doing. BUG FIXES.
2. Changing the set beyond what it was originally intended would spark a fight and people demanding refunds, which was proven when they 1.6.2 patch came into being.
3. The Ideal of a brand new set is not "bug fixes" And they would make more money making a new set and charging us more, than altering the current set beyond its bug fixes.
4. Eric Musco has only replied to this post with the word. FIX not NEW not Updated, not Upgraded. Fixed.

This entire thread was built for Fixing the 3 now 2 bug fixes on the set. Not making a new one. There is a suggestions section of the forums if you want to go there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a prime example of this, This is what you are asking Bioware to do, xorcist.

Valiant Jedi set.

Valiant Jedi set is sold, and gets a bug in a later patch. Giving it a Double Hood(up and down) and the brown of the robes is sold as light brown. Bioware says they will fix the appearance issues.

Now here is where you come in.

You are asking for the Valiant Jedi set to be permanently white cloth with black armor. and instead of a robe its a cape, Rocket Jetpack boots, Neon Gree Lights down the armor, and Lightsabers attached to the thigh of the leggings as an alternate holster.

Now then. Let us see what weighs on the scales more. Bug Fix or a complete 360 made from scratch change.

The amount of people who are asking for the appearance bug fix outweighs the amount of people asking for something entirely brand new.

If you ask, however in the correct section of the forums. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=415 Your opinion on a brand new set would hold more weight and value as it is not interfering with an existing outfit.

I've told you for the millionth time almost that You have a better chance at getting a Kotor Themed Revan set as a different item set in a different pack. And the people who MAKE NEW ARMOR read that section of the forums.

SithEBM
06.05.2013 , 08:00 PM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
@ Eric Musco,
As with the other KOTOR character outfits, there should be only one outfit with the name Revan's on it. The look of the current set appears as a shortcut for the teams to get the content out as quickly as possible due to deadlines at the time (aka flashpoints etc). It carries the poorly created textures, before the extra effort was taken to create more decent looking CM character gear. Primary color is not dark enough. Appearance is a reskin of an already existing model (obvious). It's not unique enough to stand out as the great icon of the Old Republic as he should. With the lesser supporting characters, which of course have much more unique models for their style, better textures, and more true to the characters they were taken from than Revan's current appearance. It clearly shows that you, the Bioware staff are serious about making this right. It was a mistake early on, and should be amended. Better now than later. Thank You Eric, and the rest of the Bioware team for the announcement. I am very pleased for the update to his gear, and have been waiting ever since I first laid eyes on it to hear someone from Bioware to come forward and let us know that they will complete what was unfinished, and change what looked so obviously wrong. It is good news to know that the Bioware staff does not intend to create a whole new set for Revan's gear in order to leech more money (aka cash grab) out of customers than they already have in the past.
As much as I prefer the KOTOR armor over the Foundry, BioWare will NOT change the set to the KOTOR one.

1). People paid RL money and in game credits for the Foundry version.
2). Look at what happened with the Spymasters/Phantom armor.
3). People would be less inclined to purchase armor from the CM market(Or gambling packs)

Even though I really want the KOTOR Revan armor, I understand why they can't just change the existing armor.

IMO, they should release KOTOR Revan to everybody who has The Foundry version for free(Items would be BOP), and re-release the KOTOR Revan in the CM Market(and the packs).

I am happy that they are at least fixing these bugs, but you know what the scary part is? " Current target for it is 2.2.1" The fix might not even happen in 2.2.1.... At least he communicated with us.

Terin
06.05.2013 , 09:09 PM | #535
As I've said before, I think they would be more than justified in actually changing the set to actually look like Revan's armor. His in-game armor was clearly made by cutting a few corners, using little more than re-skins of existing items already in the game. Considering all of the other KotOR characters have totally custom graphics, I think it's only logical that Revan's be changed to use his own custom graphic.

Now, as I've also said, I definitely believe they should have a "Classic" version of his gear, as well. Because it's "Lore armor", they could just change the name to "Foundry Armor". But if the armor is going to be named for Revan himself, then it needs to look like Revan's armor, and not some cheap knock-off that only vaguely resembles it. If they could implement a way of making Hoods and Capes optional, then that would be fantastic, but if not, then again, make the armor in the image of its nakesake!

I'm happy to be getting the bugs themselves fixed, mind you. But I think this argument of "Oh, they better not change it, that would be 'wrong'" is, if not weak, then is no more justified than the other argument of "If it's called Revan's armor, it should *look* like Revan's armor". At the end of the day, it all comes down to preference, so hopefully BioWare will come up with a solution that satisfies both of us.

Greenify
06.05.2013 , 09:49 PM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
As I've said before, I think they would be more than justified in actually changing the set to actually look like Revan's armor. His in-game armor was clearly made by cutting a few corners, using little more than re-skins of existing items already in the game. Considering all of the other KotOR characters have totally custom graphics, I think it's only logical that Revan's be changed to use his own custom graphic.

Now, as I've also said, I definitely believe they should have a "Classic" version of his gear, as well. Because it's "Lore armor", they could just change the name to "Foundry Armor". But if the armor is going to be named for Revan himself, then it needs to look like Revan's armor, and not some cheap knock-off that only vaguely resembles it. If they could implement a way of making Hoods and Capes optional, then that would be fantastic, but if not, then again, make the armor in the image of its nakesake!

I'm happy to be getting the bugs themselves fixed, mind you. But I think this argument of "Oh, they better not change it, that would be 'wrong'" is, if not weak, then is no more justified than the other argument of "If it's called Revan's armor, it should *look* like Revan's armor". At the end of the day, it all comes down to preference, so hopefully BioWare will come up with a solution that satisfies both of us.
That was what revan wore as a darth. He is no longer Smith, so he no longer wears the garments. They have said they will fix the bug and that's great, I have the set unlocked in collections account wide and would be furiously upset if they changed it because I unlocked the set as it was, under the impression they will fix the double hood bug.

Plus isn't the inquisitor a redskin of revans armor? The flashpoint was made well before then cartel market.

Terin
06.05.2013 , 11:28 PM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by Greenify View Post
That was what revan wore as a darth. He is no longer Smith, so he no longer wears the garments. They have said they will fix the bug and that's great, I have the set unlocked in collections account wide and would be furiously upset if they changed it because I unlocked the set as it was, under the impression they will fix the double hood bug.

Plus isn't the inquisitor a redskin of revans armor? The flashpoint was made well before then cartel market.
Unlikely, as there are many other chests that use a similar graphic, and Revan's own armor looks markedly different from the existing version.

Also, you can't just throw out a double-standard like that; you bought the armor under the assumption they would fix the double-hood, but even though it's implied they *might* do something more in the same post, that part you choose to ignore?

Like I said, at the end of the day, we each just have our own preferences. I'm a purist, so I would prefer to see them modify the armor to mirror his original appearance. Others would prefer to keep the existing style, for other reasons. There's nothing wrong with having a difference in opinion; the part that makes me upset is when people actively try to make one view out to somehow seem "outrageous" as compared to the other. Both points of view have strong points; let's just leave it at that.

xorcist
06.05.2013 , 11:51 PM | #538
Magnusheart,

I don't remember asking for your opinion. This is an A and B conversation, so why don't you C your way out of it.
I've already shut down your arguments in addition to exposing you many times over. You have nothing of worth left to offer. It is already in progress.
."

xorcist
06.05.2013 , 11:55 PM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
As much as I prefer the KOTOR armor over the Foundry, BioWare will NOT change the set to the KOTOR one.

1). People paid RL money and in game credits for the Foundry version.
2). Look at what happened with the Spymasters/Phantom armor.
3). People would be less inclined to purchase armor from the CM market(Or gambling packs)

Even though I really want the KOTOR Revan armor, I understand why they can't just change the existing armor.

IMO, they should release KOTOR Revan to everybody who has The Foundry version for free(Items would be BOP), and re-release the KOTOR Revan in the CM Market(and the packs).

I am happy that they are at least fixing these bugs, but you know what the scary part is? " Current target for it is 2.2.1" The fix might not even happen in 2.2.1.... At least he communicated with us.
This argument is moot. The changes are already in progress.
."

Aelther
06.06.2013 , 12:06 AM | #540
Oh this thread lives again!
Well my opinion remains unchanged:
If it is changed to look like it should (as in KOTOR version) then I will be incredibly happy.

If it is only "fixed", BUT renamed to whatever else AND in the new pack we get a KOTOR version, then even better.

If it is only "fixed", without any kind of addition of REAL (kotor) Revan's outfit then I'm still gonna be disappointed how other kotor characters received proper outfits, while the most important one got the middle finger.