Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Greenify
06.05.2013 , 03:07 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

I was waiting to get 100% confirmation, the Revan's armor fix is not a part of Game Update 2.2. Current target for it is 2.2.1!

-eric
*Finds something, kills it*
"No problemo"

Tythonians
06.05.2013 , 03:54 PM | #522
Hey guys,

I was waiting to get 100% confirmation, the Revan's armor fix is not a part of Game Update 2.2. Current target for it is 2.2.1!

-eric
Any preview, please?

Augmenting gear is expensive and it would be nice to know if the Revan set will be changed for the better or for the worse (w.r.t. our personal tastes).

Sir-Coffee
06.05.2013 , 04:28 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Tythonians View Post
Any preview, please?

Augmenting gear is expensive and it would be nice to know if the Revan set will be changed for the better or for the worse (w.r.t. our personal tastes).
Another post from EricMusco would take just 1-5minutes. Come on Eric, you assured us that the change will be coming in the patch after 2.2, but you need to clarify on how it will look.

"and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on,"

What will it look like, what did you mean more than just the double hood?

People purchased the CM gambling packs and we deserve a final response that clarifies EVERYTHING.

JimG
06.05.2013 , 04:30 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Exactly. We just want to be in the loop.

I personally don't use the CM, but many people have paid RL money on the gambling packs in order to get Revan's Armor.
LOL, you "gambling pack" people crack me up. Call them "gambling packs" all you want, but they aren't considered "gambling" under any applicable law and they aren't "gambling" any more than buying a pack of baseball cards or countless other types of trading cards.

No real evidence for your statement that "many people" have paid RL money on packs to get Revan's armor, but I'm assuming you're talking about people trying to get the complete set including mask, gloves and belt. If you're talking about the chestpiece, that can be obtained for generally 20,000 to 40,000 credits on the GTN and there's always a bunch of them on there. Not like anyone would need to shell out significant RL money to get that.

Magnusheart
06.05.2013 , 04:31 PM | #525
Hey guys,

-eric

He didn't say armor remake dude. He is Fixing the existing set. He has never posted on anything other than about the discussion of the 2 now remaining appearance bugs.

If they added new additions to the set outside of the obvious appearance >bugs< it wouldn't be a >bug< fix. And people would be upset about it.

Sir-Coffee
06.05.2013 , 04:34 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
LOL, you "gambling pack" people crack me up. Call them "gambling packs" all you want, but they aren't considered "gambling" under any applicable law and they aren't "gambling" any more than buying a pack of baseball cards or countless other types of trading cards.

No real evidence for your statement that "many people" have paid RL money on packs to get Revan's armor, but I'm assuming you're talking about people trying to get the complete set including mask, gloves and belt. If you're talking about the chestpiece, that can be obtained for generally 20,000 to 40,000 credits on the GTN and there's always a bunch of them on there. Not like anyone would need to shell out significant RL money to get that.
1). They are gambling packs. You have to be a fool to say otherwise
2). I guarantee a good number of people purchased those packs for Revan's attire
3). Obviously the mask/belt/gloves are rare. In total, they cost around 10-14million on my server(All together)

Sir-Coffee
06.05.2013 , 04:36 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
He didn't say armor remake dude. He is Fixing the existing set.
Well, of course he is fixing it. We just don't know what it looks like now.

At the very least, I hope that they fix the current armor, and don't add any changes to it(AKA:Cape).

That should be an entirely new set.

Magnusheart
06.05.2013 , 04:40 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Well, of course he is fixing it. We just don't know what it looks like now.

At the very least, I hope that they fix the current armor, and don't add any changes to it(AKA:Cape).

That should be an entirely new set.

Finally someone understands the difference between fixing a set, and adding onto a set.

as he mentioned in his previous post. Color Alterations.

Making it black again. Like it was before 1.6.1 http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg
Than it is now. http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

And the Double Hood Bug of course. WHICH BTW I found out where the bug originated.

Revan in the foundry gets this bug once his mask is equipped. All cutscenes without his mask on in the foundry he doesn't have the double hood bug. But obtains it when his mask is equipped on his NPC model.

Our outfit was coppied off that version of the NPC, and that is how we got the double hood bug on the item.

Sir-Coffee
06.05.2013 , 04:49 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Finally someone understands the difference between fixing a set, and adding onto a set.

as he mentioned in his previous post. Color Alterations.

Making it black again. Like it was before 1.6.1 http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg
Than it is now. http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

And the Double Hood Bug of course. WHICH BTW I found out where the bug originated.

Revan in the foundry gets this bug once his mask is equipped. All cutscenes without his mask on in the foundry he doesn't have the double hood bug. But obtains it when his mask is equipped on his NPC model.

Our outfit was coppied off that version of the NPC, and that is how we got the double hood bug on the item
I never realized that!!

I hope BioWare makes the right decision and fixes the Foundry version which people paid for (Credits and RL money).

I'd love for a separate KOTOR set as well as The Foundry fix, but I will settle with whatever we may be getting.

Magnusheart
06.05.2013 , 04:53 PM | #530
Yeah dude, read this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641603

Its my compiled list of everything infected with a double hood bug.

INCLUDING DARTH MARR in RoTHC