Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magnusheart
05.17.2013 , 12:33 AM | #491
Well, since this thread was revived, I can honestly say with how it looks, they aren't going to make a new kotor themed set or alter the existing set, And they are just going to fix the current. now only 2 bugs.

As an update:

patch 2.1 Fixed Bug 1 of 3. Revan's Lower Robe is no longer brown on default. Leaving only the double hood and the light grey instead of black robes color bug.

The advertised name of the existing armor set in collections is -Armor of Darth Revan- Which throws out the idea of making a new set named Darth Revan to be more Kotor Themed.

With the set advertised/sold/seen as it is in the collections, Revan NPC, Blockade Runner Pack, Space Pirate Pack its safe to say they wont make alterations to the set outside of the last 2 bug fixes to upset the players who wanted it like it is now bugs aside, and its easier and cheaper of resources to just fix the current than make a brand new set altogether, which is 99% of their intention anyways.

Of course this doesn't mean they couldn't make a Kotor themed one in the later future, But I can say patch 2.2 will just fix the last 2 bugs, and nothing more.

Toryn_Wattan
05.24.2013 , 09:30 AM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

...After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2...

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Thank you Thank you Thank you!
This is awesome news!!!!!
SO glad to see you are listening to the community and reconsidered the changes to Revan's Armor.

Two Thumbs WAY Up!

Toryn

Terin
05.24.2013 , 04:28 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Well, since this thread was revived, I can honestly say with how it looks, they aren't going to make a new kotor themed set or alter the existing set, And they are just going to fix the current. now only 2 bugs.

As an update:

patch 2.1 Fixed Bug 1 of 3. Revan's Lower Robe is no longer brown on default. Leaving only the double hood and the light grey instead of black robes color bug.

The advertised name of the existing armor set in collections is -Armor of Darth Revan- Which throws out the idea of making a new set named Darth Revan to be more Kotor Themed.

With the set advertised/sold/seen as it is in the collections, Revan NPC, Blockade Runner Pack, Space Pirate Pack its safe to say they wont make alterations to the set outside of the last 2 bug fixes to upset the players who wanted it like it is now bugs aside, and its easier and cheaper of resources to just fix the current than make a brand new set altogether, which is 99% of their intention anyways.

Of course this doesn't mean they couldn't make a Kotor themed one in the later future, But I can say patch 2.2 will just fix the last 2 bugs, and nothing more.
Honestly, none of us have any more information than the post from the Devs here. We're all speculating.

Perhaps the best thing to do, then, is alter the existing Armor of Darth Revan to take on his KotOR-appearance (since they clearly are fine with making all-new models for the game, as they've done with the other KotOR-related sets), and use the existing *graphics* and apply them to a new set. They said that they're opposed to splitting the sets up into "Normal and Classic", but there's no reason they couldn't take the classic items and make them into a new "Foundry Armor-Set", either.

I dunno what the best solution would be or anything, but I definitely think there *are* solutions. I'm not 100% convinced, but I'm definitely *hopeful* that they'll just re-do the set to match his KotOR gear.

Magnusheart
05.24.2013 , 11:01 PM | #494
As of writing this, in the PTS 2.2 update. There has been nothing fixed to the armor. No Double Hood Fix, no light grey color bug fix. Nothin.

ChuangTzu
05.24.2013 , 11:12 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by Toryn_Wattan View Post
Thank you Thank you Thank you!
This is awesome news!!!!!
SO glad to see you are listening to the community and reconsidered the changes to Revan's Armor.

Two Thumbs WAY Up!

Toryn
Was this sarcasm? As nothing has been done to fix this on the PTS.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Terin
05.24.2013 , 11:34 PM | #496
As of writing this, in the PTS 2.2 update. There has been nothing fixed to the armor. No Double Hood Fix, no light grey color bug fix. Nothin.
Huh, that's.... disappointing. I suppose they *did* say that they were only "shooting for" 2.2. Honestly, though, they can take all the time they need, so long as they deliver on Revan's *true* clothing, instead of reskins of existing stuff

Magnusheart
05.24.2013 , 11:48 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
Huh, that's.... disappointing. I suppose they *did* say that they were only "shooting for" 2.2. Honestly, though, they can take all the time they need, so long as they deliver on Revan's *true* clothing, instead of reskins of existing stuff
There is a strong difference between fixing appearance bugs and making a whole new set altogether. They can't add on to the current set any more than the 2 bugs. For Obvious reasons.

This is what was released, sold in packs, and made unlockable in collections interface. (2 bugs aside)

This doesn't exist in this game Nor does it have a right to overwrite itself over something that was paid for with money bro.

Terin
05.24.2013 , 11:54 PM | #498
There is a strong difference between fixing appearance bugs and making a whole new set altogether. They can't add on to the current set any more than the 2 bugs. For Obvious reasons.

This is what was released, sold in packs, and made unlockable in collections interface. (2 bugs aside)

This doesn't exist in this game Nor does it have a right to overwrite itself over something that was paid for with money bro.
We get it; you don't want the original KotOR set. That doesn't mean that the notion that the set *could* be changed more dramatically is somehow "not going to happen". We clearly both feel passionately about both sides of the issue, so let's just leave it at that.

Toryn_Wattan
05.28.2013 , 02:12 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Was this sarcasm? As nothing has been done to fix this on the PTS.
No I was being sincere. I was really ticked to hear that BW was not going to make a Revan Set correction because then they would have to release a classic gear set and an updated gear set. I'm genuinely glad they reconsidered.

Greenify
05.28.2013 , 02:26 PM | #500
This is not going to be fixed for 2.2?