Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
05.12.2013 , 07:14 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
So you're saying you would be just fine if Vader wore black Imperial guard outfit in a flashback scene, instead of his Unique outfit, JUST BECAUSE disney owns him and did not feel like putting an effort into taking his unique outfit out of the wardrobe?
Also, let me quote (would have linked a clip, but couldn't find it) a few lines from South Park Season 6, episode 9 called "Free Hat":

Kyle: You yourself led the campaign against the colorization of films. You understand why films shouldn't be changed.
George Lucas: M-that's different. These are my movies. I made them, and I have the right to do whatever I want with them
Stan: [steps forward] You're wrong, Mr. Lucas. They're not your movies. They're ours. All of ours. We paid to go see them, and they're just as much a part of our lives as they are of yours.
Kyle: When an artist creates, whatever they create belongs to society
George Lucas: Have I... become so old that I've forgetten what being an artist is about?
Stan: Give the print to us so that we can protect it from Spielberg and anyone else who wants to alter it.

We're in pretty much the same situation here. Bioware CHANGED the unique outfit of a major character to some generic one that looks nearly exactly the same as a bunch of other outfits and we just want it restored to the original KOTOR look. And while I can't speak for others, at least I would buy it again if it was released. I'm not asking for the current one that I already own to be changed, a new separate set would be just fine.

Your analogy would only work if they showed an in-game cut scene in sw:tor from kotor, depicting the armor. Please try again.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
05.12.2013 , 07:17 PM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Your analogy would only work if they showed an in-game cut scene in sw:tor from kotor, depicting the armor. Please try again.
Why? Because I said vader in a flashback? Well I said that because VADER DIES in episode 6, while Revan is still alive in SWTOR... at least for a time.

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
05.12.2013 , 07:19 PM | #473
No because you are trying to say they would try and show vader in trooper armor instead of his canon armor in a flashback. They haven't done that with Revan in sw:tor so your analogy doesn't apply.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
05.12.2013 , 07:26 PM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
No because you are trying to say they would try and show vader in trooper armor instead of his canon armor in a flashback. They haven't done that with Revan in sw:tor so your analogy doesn't apply.
/facepalm
What does it matter if it's a flashback or an actual scene. The problem is that character's OWN GEAR would be changed. Sure they may wear something else for a time, but it would not be referred to as "their's" outfit, because a bunch of other characters would be wearing the same thing. I mean vader wore a standard jedi robe before he got all chopped up and stuff. But we're not calling Jedi Robe "Vader's robe" because a bunch of jedi wore that. But we know His armor is "HIS" because noone else ever wore the same thing. But in swtor, there are npcs that have outfits that look the same as "Revan's unique outfit", thus making it unique no more. And that's because:
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
they probably did not consider Revan important enough to model him a unique outfit, so they just took inquisitor robe and changed textures a little bit
Anyway, good night for now, sir.

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
05.12.2013 , 07:32 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
/facepalm
What does it matter if it's a flashback or an actual scene. The problem is that character's OWN GEAR would be changed. Sure they may wear something else for a time, but it would not be referred to as "their's" outfit, because a bunch of other characters would be wearing the same thing. I mean vader wore a standard jedi robe before he got all chopped up and stuff. But we're not calling Jedi Robe "Vader's robe" because a bunch of jedi wore that. But we know His armor is "HIS" because noone else ever wore the same thing. But in swtor, there are npcs that have outfits that look exactly the same as "Revan's unique outfit", thus making it unique no more.
Lol. Anakin's Jedi robe is pretty unique compared to other Jedi robes. Find me one other jedi wearing Anakin's exact outfit and maybe your argument will hold weight.

And it does matter if it's a flashback or not. Because you are arguing that in the new movies they would show Vader in different armor other than what he is known to wear and trying to apply it to Revan's case, which I remind you has not been done. I accept he has a different outfit in the Kotor games but in SW:Tor in the current timeline shown that we all play in, he has a new outfit and that is currently considered his canon outfit by his creators Bioware.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
05.12.2013 , 07:37 PM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Lol. Anakin's Jedi robe is pretty unique compared to other Jedi robes. Find me one other jedi wearing Anakin's exact outfit and maybe your argument will hold weight.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...anipadawan.jpg Padawan Anakin
http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/Obi-Wan_sansrobe.jpg padawan Obi-Wan

Oh... did you mean his grown up robe?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../ThreeJedi.jpg There's still NOTHING UNIQUE about it. Only the color is different. "To reflect his inevitable fall to the dark side".

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...lightsaber.jpg Also this guy wears a very dark robe and I know another guy but his name completely escapes me so I cannot look him up now...

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
05.12.2013 , 07:40 PM | #477
The Dark Leather outfit is his widely recognized canon outfit which you still haven't provided a Jedi who wears the exact same armor. Therefor his outfit remains unique.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
05.12.2013 , 07:50 PM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
The Dark Leather outfit is his widely recognized canon outfit which you still haven't provided a Jedi who wears the exact same armor. Therefor his outfit remains unique.
Even if the "leather" outfit was the only one in the galaxy, it is still the same style. And it's not even the main part of my argument. Look at his early outfit. Exactly same as all other padawan outfits. Are you gonna call it "anakin's" and no one elses too, just because he wore it, ignoring that a bunch of other people wear the same one?
But everyone knows no one else wore his cybernetic armor. So if it suddenly got changed into a standard imperial guard outfit, except maybe with a different colour you'd be just fine with it. Not upset at all, because some company would label it "canon" and say that his unique cybrnetic armor never existed because our latest movie says so?

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
05.12.2013 , 07:55 PM | #479
No. Because his Kidawan outfit is accepted as being used by every kidawan in training. But! We only see him wear it for roughly 5 minutes on film. In the second film he is now a grown adult padawan with a new outfit unique from others. This outfit stays the same from Episode 2, the clone wars cartoon and episode 3. This is his canon adult padawan and knight outfit and thus different from others.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
05.12.2013 , 08:00 PM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
No. Because his Kidawan outfit is accepted as being used by every kidawan in training. But! We only see him wear it for roughly 5 minutes on film. In the second film he is now a grown adult padawan with a new outfit unique from others. This outfit stays the same from Episode 2, the clone wars cartoon and episode 3. This is his canon adult padawan and knight outfit and thus different from others.
Ok... let me put it this way, maybe then you'll understand what I mean. Imagine there was an RPG based on Episode 2. It has an item called: "Anakin's Black Leather Robe". Now a squeal based on Episode 3 comes out. It also has the same "Anakin's Black Leather Robe", except that for some reason it's not leather. It's light sand colour cloth, not unique in any way, except maybe for some tiny ornament on a shoulder that you can barely see. Would you still happily accept that "Anakin's Black Leather Robe" as canon, even though it's not even leather, nor is it black?

P.S. And now I'm off for today... for real this time