Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithEBM
05.10.2013 , 07:31 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
The flame war started because Eric gave a very vague answer on what they are changing. You and some people interpreted it that they're only fixing double hood and colours, Me, my friends and some other people interpreted it that they are making it more KOTORish, either way everyone had their own thing in mind so everyone started thanking BioWare for it.
Then some people noticed that the message is too vague and might be read in multiple ways so they asked what does that mean: will they make it more like Kotor and add cape and stuff or will it remain as a re-skinned inquisitor robe. Then people from your side started saying how capes do not belong in star wars (yeah right) and only superheroes wear capes ... and then the whole thing broke out...
^ This. How is this difficult to comprehend? We should be demanding clarification instead of fighting with each other, and I said before... I believe I am right, you believe you are right. We are obviously not going to change our opinions. We can quote the developers all we like and use all of our "evidence", but that doesn't make it 100% true, just likely or unlikely.

-eric

Aelther
05.10.2013 , 07:38 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
And people who paid money for how it looks now have more right to it than people who bought it for a cape that was never added to demand one now.
This argument of yours can easily be used by those people who like the messed up colours and double hood. They also bough it the way it is now, which is bugged. Like some people have mentioned they use headbands that remove hoods, so it actually looks nice to them, because it looks like the hood is down, while the other hood is removed completely. But I doubt you want it to remain bugged, just because people "like" it that way. So THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS in 2.2 regardless of whether they just fix it or change it entirely.

Anyway, everyone's money is the same, what does it matter for what reason they bought it. Some people want the change some don't and you cannot know how many prefer it your way.. Some people who bough it did not even want it, they wanted something else from the pack, but got Revan's piece, so they sure will not care at all what happens to it. Sure if they changed it it MAY seem like majority of people are complaining, but that's only because people come to forums to complain and cry, rarely do they come here to say thanks. And most do not come here at all.

Magnusheart
05.10.2013 , 07:42 PM | #423
That is true, we shouldn't be fighting eachother, but you guys are not aknowleging the fact that they wouldn't change it because of the Phantom and Spymaster change fiasco. They promised not to have another incident like this again. Them altering the current set (outside the bugs) would contradict that and have history repeat itself where I could legitimately claim general forums and customer support forum as a warzone without commendations.

The rest is just a dispute on if his outfit in Swtor is labled canon or not. When its just a matter of. He wore it on game launch, still wares it, and them selling it to us with his name on it claiming it belonged to him with the 's saying it was his.

Canon or not, they sold the items to us and we bought them either credits or dollaars, and the Item is more important than the character now. Because its about what was sold and advertised, over anything else what he wore in a different game.

and Aelther, wrong. The armor in the game we can get was released in 1.6.0 the light grey bug came out in 1.6.1 and the second color bug came in 1.6.2. and this thread alone overturned their opinion about the double hoodbug.

SithEBM
05.10.2013 , 07:46 PM | #424
And people who paid money for how it looks now have more right to it than people who bought it for a cape that was never added to demand one now.
Please, just stop. Think about it like this.

It is logically possible that EricMusco meant to say that there will be two sets in this game. Just not the Classic one(Which is the bugged version).

We should be trying to get EricMusco's attention and attempt to get clarification. That way, we can all move on and get a damn answer.

"BUT MY MONEYZ" - We need clarification. You are overreacting to this. You are making it seem as if there can only be one armor, but we are MISSING CLARIFICATION.

Clarification - To make clear or easier to understand / to clear of confusion or uncertainty / to make clear by removing impurities or solid matter.

Please just.... come back to us and help us get clarification. Instead of arguing, every post should be about "Let's get clarification".

We already know what would happen if they were to change the set to the KOTOR one and leave it at that. People would be furious. Ok, we get it. You can stop mentioning the spymaster/phantom situation now.

They meant no bug Classic version(Classification needed) <------- Please look at those words.

They NEVER said that there wouldn't be another set(Classification needed) <-------

I am going to log offline now. Have a goodnight everybody.

-eric

SithEBM
05.10.2013 , 07:48 PM | #425
This argument of yours can easily be used by those people who like the messed up colours and double hood. They also bough it the way it is now, which is bugged. Like some people have mentioned they use headbands that remove hoods, so it actually looks nice to them, because it looks like the hood is down, while the other hood is removed completely. But I doubt you want it to remain bugged, just because people "like" it that way. So THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS in 2.2 regardless of whether they just fix it or change it entirely.

Anyway, everyone's money is the same, what does it matter for what reason they bought it. Some people want the change some don't and you cannot know how many prefer it your way.. Some people who bough it did not even want it, they wanted something else from the pack, but got Revan's piece, so they sure will not care at all what happens to it. Sure if they changed it it MAY seem like majority of people are complaining, but that's only because people come to forums to complain and cry, rarely do they come here to say thanks. And most do not come here at all.
Let's start off tomorrow, all working together, as a team. EVERYBODY included, to get Eric's attention and clear this problem up. He started a flame war and should end it(Or at the very least contain it for now).

Goodnight everybody!

-eric

Aelther
05.10.2013 , 07:51 PM | #426
and Aelther, wrong. The armor in the game we can get was released in 1.6.0 the light grey bug came out in 1.6.1 and the second color bug came in 1.6.2. and this thread alone overturned their opinion about the double hoodbug.
Yes but the "skirt" had totally wrong textures. So what about those "poor" people who bough that wrong skirt because of it's then current looks and lost it because it got fixed to a bit less wrong texture.

That is true, we shouldn't be fighting eachother, but you guys are not aknowleging the fact that they wouldn't change it because of the Phantom and Spymaster change fiasco.
But the problem is that it's not a fact. it's debatable.

what you see is:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
we will be changing <...> the double hood! <...> aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments
And you're forgetting these:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I will have more specifics later on <...> etc. in the armor overall.
I mean he already mentions BOTH fixing hood an colours, but he also adds "etc" and "more specifcs later on" which indicate that they will be changing something MORE. Our hope is that they are making it more like Kotor version.
So that's why we need clarifications.
Anyway, we all know this could end peacefully asap if they would just let us have both versions.

And for now:
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Goodnight everybody!
Gonna be back tomorrow.

Magnusheart
05.10.2013 , 07:58 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Please, just stop. Think about it like this.
I don't care about if they make a new set or not. That is not what I am concerned or worried about, I wouldn't care if they made a new set, that would be fine and dandy.

What I am saying is they cannot change the set that is OUT AND AVAILABLE NOW. besides the current fixes. For the obvious reasons placed by the last incident they had when they changed an item people bought with money and for how it looked. And I am defending it not just because I prefer not having anything that can clip or flutter around buggy like in cutscenes or mounts, it's because that's what didn't happen when the spymaster and phantom bug happened. and the chaos that ensued after.

They need to fix the current, if they make a new set fine, but they cannot alter the current one outside of the existing bugs they promised to be rectified.

xorcist
05.10.2013 , 08:14 PM | #428
I don't care about if they make a new set or not. That is not what I am concerned or worried about, I wouldn't care if they made a new set, that would be fine and dandy.

What I am saying is they cannot change the set that is OUT AND AVAILABLE NOW. besides the current fixes. For the obvious reasons placed by the last incident they had when they changed an item people bought with money and for how it looked.
It's not your concern. You're looking for attention.
As I've said before. Your not any more special than I am. I do not share your view about the set. I want the fix, and have wanted the fix plus the change ever since I've laid eyes on it. I bought it because it said "Revan's" on the gear. But I hated the look. if you wanted that look. You would've gotten the inquisitor's chest piece it was copied from. But I know you don't want that because it doesn't say "Revan's" on it. Otherwise you would've done so without spending any money.
Again. Don't play the wounded man for me. I see right through you. It's not the look you cared so much for. It's the name you wanted. You've already admitted to this without saying the words.

So don't start telling me stories about they can't do this and they can't do that because etc etc. I don't buy it. You keep on repeating the same thing over and over. I can do the same and keep calling you out on it if you want.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Magnusheart
05.10.2013 , 08:18 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
It's not your concern. You're looking for attention.
As I've said before. Your not any more special than I am. I do not share your view about the set. I want the fix, and have wanted the fix plus the change ever since I've laid eyes on it. I bought it because it said "Revan's" on the gear. But I hated the look. if you wanted that look. You would've gotten the inquisitor's chest piece it was copied from. But I know you don't want that because it doesn't say "Revan's" on it. Otherwise you would've done so without spending any money.
Again. Don't play the wounded man for me. I see right through you. It's not the look you cared so much for. It's the name you wanted. You've already admitted to this without saying the words.

So don't start telling me stories about they can't do this and they can't do that because etc etc. I don't buy it. You keep on repeating the same thing over and over. I can do the same and keep calling you out on it if you want.

Can't get another chestpeice like it on the republic fleet, Investigators doesn't count. also, it won't be the same for all the female players because all of that model but revans turns to a sports bra. Thus your also insulting the female playerbase of this game who ware it.

Secondly. The fix is all that matters, if they make another thats just fine. They cannot just alter the current set into something different without backlash. but why do I bother when you also pretend the phantom and spymaster change flame war never existed.

xorcist
05.10.2013 , 11:30 PM | #430
Can't get another chestpeice like it on the republic fleet, Investigators doesn't count. also, it won't be the same for all the female players because all of that model but revans turns to a sports bra. Thus your also insulting the female playerbase of this game who ware it.

Secondly. The fix is all that matters, if they make another thats just fine. They cannot just alter the current set into something different without backlash. but why do I bother when you also pretend the phantom and spymaster change flame war never existed.
Keep it coming.

So don't start telling me stories about they can't do this and they can't do that because etc etc. I don't buy it.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."