Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sir-Coffee
05.10.2013 , 06:36 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
And what of the repercutions? Are you willing to post "we're sorry, we wanted it to look this way than how it was originally released in the game, and in the market we sold money for" If by all means then. you can pay me my 400$ if they change the set than what was ADVERTISED in the blockade runner pack's cover.
If they were to change the foundry set and not re-introduce it. Pretty much this. ^^^^^

-eric

Magnusheart
05.10.2013 , 06:37 PM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Yes yes the repercussions. I see gtn flooded with all these "classic" phantom and spymaster (and whatever else was there) pieces for next to nothing, because no one wants them. On the other hand the fixed versions are rare and expensive. It seems that there was barely any repercussions, only a loud and vocal minority who saw an opportunity to complain against bioware and EA and took it.

Let me make it clear, they cannot alter the current version outside of the bugs.

1. The entire fight of the P and S set war was In-game look vs advertised cover of the pack. Which I can legitimately use as a direct example that they cannot change it other than the fixes. which I bet wont come to pass anymore because of this flame war you guys decided to bring on here. They change Revan's current item set to anything other than what it has been(bugs aside) I can use this to force it back, even if that means back with bugs.

THIS http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...inalDuel01.jpg Is the advertised and sold armor of Revans and the armor he has worn in this game since launch. They cannot change the items then other than fixing the color and double hood bug back to this, or else people could, and will demand their money back if they don't like it. And that alone will make Bioware jump into action to prevent it. Money is what matters most.

2. Your quote only validates it died down because it was Fixed, and they made it work for both parties. Everyone who wanted what got it. and the fact Space Pirate pack was in flamed with classic boxes.

3. People spent real money for the current look. and not just for Revans, but mix matching their own personal style, Bioware won't put a wedge in that again.

4. This entire thread was about the double hood bug and the color bug, not making a brand new set, how far do you think them saying they are fixing armor will go?

Sir-Coffee
05.10.2013 , 06:52 PM | #413
Yeah well we would need a big war going on there too to keep it bumped for so long, so we'd rather just stay here, thx

This. ^

Anyway having 2 separate sets would be best idea. If they hate seeing 2 sets with the word "Revan's" then rename the current one to something else, 'cause it barely looks like Revan's anyway. Sadly based on
This. ^

it kinda looks like they do not wanna have multiple versions, therefore we are fighting to get the look we want, you're fighting to get the look you want. Nothing will change until they clarify why they mean by:
EricMusco needs to clarify. They never said that they don't want multiple versions, just not the bugged one(Clarification needed) Basically this. ^

You're saying that
This. ^
but you're not reading the whole message, what you see is:
This. ^
And you're forgetting these:
This. ^

I mean he already mentions BOTH fixing hood an colours, but he also adds "etc" and "more specifcs later on" which indicate that they will be changing something MORE. Our hope is that they are making it more like Kotor version.
This. ^

It does not matter, because if they're not willing to have multiple sets then making sure the one and only set looks right is more important then a few upset guys:
It would still be false advertisement, even if his Foundry armor isn't canon. As much as I would love a KOTOR set(I prefer this over The Foundry one), there would be MAJOR backlash if they didn't release The Foundry set for free.

The majority probably prefers the KOTOR version, but some people actually paid for The Foundry version and prefer it over the KOTOR one.

The one thing Magnusheart isn't realizing is that this is a different situation though(EricMusco needs to clarify). They said that they won't be releasing the "Classic". In that past, the classic meant the bug one, so logically, I believe that Bioware will do this.

~~~ Bioware will(IMO), fix The Foundry set and release a KOTOR set.

I believe when EricMusco meant the classic version, he meant the double hood(messed up colors) version. He never ruled out a KOTOR one AND a Foundry version.

-eric

DJUplift
05.10.2013 , 06:53 PM | #414
Any chance you guys are going to fix Revans Mask clipping through the Phantom Chestplate Hood?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
http://www.vindictiveswtor.com/
THE BASTION: PeterFragon, DeterFragon, JeterFragon & CrystalBeth
Referral Link

Magnusheart
05.10.2013 , 06:57 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
It would still be false advertisement, even if his Foundry armor isn't canon. As much as I would love a KOTOR set(I prefer this over The Foundry one), there would be MAJOR backlash if they didn't release The Foundry set for free.

The majority probably prefers the KOTOR version, but some people actually paid for The Foundry version and prefer it over the KOTOR one.

-eric
You don't get to answer for the majority. Because the armies of flame posters didn't happen for the phantom and spymaster changes until after it happened.

Your opinion of whats canon or not over revans foundry robes are invalid. Briana the last handmaiden was considered non canon because the exile is female. and she was a male only companion in the game. but a mini figurine of her was made with a backstory solidifing her into canon. What and what isn't canon is the universe of star wars is defined by if it was made and sold with the official star wars logo which this game is. FINALIZING Revan's current robes as canon. as it was indeed labled, shiped, and sold in this game's market.

Revan was released in this game wearing this game's robes, the items have his name on it are sold in packs. that makes them canon to the game.

Aelther
05.10.2013 , 07:00 PM | #416
which I bet wont come to pass anymore because of this flame war you guys decided to bring on here.
The flame war started because Eric gave a very vague answer on what they are changing. You and some people interpreted it that they're only fixing double hood and colours, Me, my friends and some other people interpreted it that they are making it more KOTORish, either way everyone had their own thing in mind so everyone started thanking BioWare for it.
Then some people noticed that the message is too vague and might be read in multiple ways so they asked what does that mean: will they make it more like Kotor and add cape and stuff or will it remain as a re-skinned inquisitor robe. Then people from your side started saying how capes do not belong in star wars (yeah right) and only superheroes wear capes ... and then the whole thing broke out...

Magnusheart
05.10.2013 , 07:01 PM | #417
Kotor and add cape and stuff or will it remain as a re-skinned inquisitor robe. Then people from your side started saying how capes do not belong in star wars (yeah right) and only superheroes wear capes ... and then the whole thing broke out about whether it should remain an ugly recoloured inquisitor set or an actual Revan's set from KOTOR.

Wrong, what was said is that the cape doesn't belong with this set, because it was already advertised, shiped, labled, and sold in this game without one, and if they add one it would cause a fight. Because people actually perfer it without one.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have my favorite set have a cape clipping inside and pooping out of my medtation hoverchair and domination throne.

Aelther
05.10.2013 , 07:03 PM | #418
Because people actually perfer it without one.
Some do, some don't.

Magnusheart
05.10.2013 , 07:03 PM | #419
And people who paid money for how it looks now have more right to it than people who bought it for a cape that was never added to demand one now.

Sir-Coffee
05.10.2013 , 07:28 PM | #420
You don't get to answer for the majority. Because the armies of flame posters didn't happen for the phantom and spymaster changes until after it happened.

Your opinion of whats canon or not over revans foundry robes are invalid. Briana the last handmaiden was considered non canon because the exile is female. and she was a male only companion in the game. but a mini figurine of her was made with a backstory solidifing her into canon. What and what isn't canon is the universe of star wars is defined by if it was made and sold with the official star wars logo which this game is. FINALIZING Revan's current robes as canon. as it was indeed labled, shiped, and sold in this game's market.

Revan was released in this game wearing this game's robes, the items have his name on it are sold in packs. that makes them canon to the game.
You don't get to answer for the majority either. The second part won't happen if EricMusco clarifies his post and if I am correct.

The cartel market is not canon.

-eric