Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ryan
05.09.2013 , 11:51 AM | #291
I would be ridiculously happy if they made a set based on the KotOR version of Revan. That being said, the TOR version shouldn't be discarded completely. Just fix the double hood, and keep that one the way it is. (Unless they plan to update Revan's appearance in The Foundry with his KotOR clothes... in which case Oooo please)

Now bring on the cape!
"Who I am is not importantómy message is."
- Revan

Magnusheart
05.09.2013 , 01:57 PM | #292
They can't bring a cape, if they do, it would make a fight break out between what it did look like with a cape. and when it didn't. This is about FIXING BUGS. Not what we think would be better.

Remember the Phantom/Spymaster Changes, if they add a cape, it would be that, and a flame war would break out on the forums against people who wanted it the way it was when the game came out.(with bug fixes) and those who want a brand new version entirely.

You want a cape suggest it in a different thread as a different item. Stop risking them doing it and a another war break out. ;/

Mevan
05.09.2013 , 02:04 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
They can't bring a cape, if they do, it would make a fight break out between what it did look like with a cape. and when it didn't. This is about FIXING BUGS. Not what we think would be better.

You want a cape suggest it in a different thread as a different item.
Why not suggest it here? If they are going to make it more canonical as was said earlier, this seems like the best place to suggest a cape, given that the cape is the canonical appearance.

Magnusheart
05.09.2013 , 02:08 PM | #294

Remember the Phantom/Spymaster Changes, if they add a cape, it would be that, and a flame war would break out on the forums against people who wanted it the way it was when the game came out.(with bug fixes) and those who want a brand new version entirely.
because this, and the fact Not everyone wants it a cape. Cape and skirts in this game looks ridiculous. There is a reason why there wasn't a cape in the first place don't you think? They add a cape, I would personally lead the phantom/spymaster change demanding they remove it, or make a different version. This is for fixing bugs, not making suggestions. there is an entire different thread selection for cartel suggestions.

Mevan
05.09.2013 , 02:18 PM | #295
because this, and the fact Not everyone wants it a cape. Cape and skirts in this game looks ridiculous. There is a reason why there wasn't a cape in the first place don't you think? They add a cape, I would personally lead the phantom/spymaster change demanding they remove it, or make a different version. This is for fixing bugs, not making suggestions. there is an entire different thread selection for cartel suggestions.
Read;
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall.
So yeah, this is the perfect place to suggest the cape. You may not want a cape, but others do, keep that in mind.

Magnusheart
05.09.2013 , 02:20 PM | #296
And I would be against it every step on the way, and I don't back down. I've been the one trojan horsing this thread, and about Revans bugs for 3 months on the forums.

This is for Fixing bugs, not to change it and have a flame war about who likes what better.

Edit: color adjustments, Revans set had a double hood bug, light grey bug, and brown lower robe color bug. That is what Eric was refrencing.

So I ask you this, Do you really want to demand a cape, to spark a over 100 pages long flame war like what happened when they fixed the armor last? Huh? That would be a bad idea to happen. Thats why Bioware was scared to fix this in the first place.

This is for bug fixes, not adding more room for risk of failure. *********** few enough force robes without a buttflap or cape that clutters through the meditation throne in the first place.

Mevan
05.09.2013 , 02:28 PM | #297
And I would be against it every step on the way, and I don't back down. I've been the one trojan horsing this thread, and about Revans bugs for 3 months on the forums.

This is for Fixing bugs, not to change it and have a flame war about who likes what better.

Edit: color adjustments, Revans set had a double hood bug, light grey bug, and brown lower robe color bug. That is what Eric was refrencing.
You know you don't sound tough right? Your opinion means just as much to EAware as anyone elses does, be that a lot or a little. As Eric said, players want more canonical appearance, that means a cape, regardless of what you personally think looks. Without a cape, it is not canonical.

Magnusheart
05.09.2013 , 02:30 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
You know you don't sound tough right? Your opinion means just as much to EAware as anyone elses does, be that a lot or a little. As Eric said, players want more canonical appearance, that means a cape, regardless of what you personally think looks. Without a cape, it is not canonical.
Revan in swtor was released in the foundry, and maelstrom prison without a cape. Revan's Swtor set is Canonical.

Tatile
05.09.2013 , 02:30 PM | #299
Cape toggle.

There, fight over.

Mevan
05.09.2013 , 02:33 PM | #300
Revan in swtor was released in the foundry, and maelstrom prison without a cape. Revan's Swtor set is Canonical.
Call it what you want, but as Eric said, most people want the actual robe, not some crappy Inquisitor reskin.