Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aelther
05.08.2013 , 04:48 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by qAsandra View Post
I should have been more clear. My excuse is that I had not yet had enough coffee. When I unify other pieces to chest, it's the other pieces that turn the ugly orange color, not the Revan's chest piece.
Well that makes sense, the primary color of the set is black and secondary is red, so maybe on some items with certain materials the red may look orange... or if that item has a lot more of secondary color than primary...
Anyway, they're fixing the whole set now so it's possible the unified pieces will look very different as well.

Jemfisto
05.08.2013 , 04:51 PM | #222
Happy they are fixing this! AND MORE THEN JUST THE DOUBLE HOOD? Could we be some some real KOTOR revan gear incoming

Jamus_Divinus
05.08.2013 , 04:54 PM | #223
Great decision.

/Kudos!
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

SithEBM
05.08.2013 , 05:03 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Thank you so much.

One last question. "we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor" Does this mean the KOTOR Revan armor, or the new set of armor similar to the spymaster situation?

"and more than just the double hood!" - I will purchase 6 more months of subs if I can look like the KOTOR Revan.

That aside, you guys really pulled through here, and whether or not you release the KOTOR Revan armor, I can finally say you guys made the right decision.

willybot
05.08.2013 , 05:03 PM | #225
Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Most excellent, thank you!

Eillack
05.08.2013 , 05:11 PM | #226
Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone!

-eric
It is very rare that I read something from EAware and fills me with hope (doubt it'll last long though ).

Thank you for announcing that you guys will fix the broken Revan armor you gave us.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Radzkie
05.08.2013 , 05:25 PM | #227
Oh I forgot! Thank you, devs! Great choice!

qAsandra
05.08.2013 , 05:29 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Well that makes sense, the primary color of the set is black and secondary is red, so maybe on some items with certain materials the red may look orange... or if that item has a lot more of secondary color than primary...
Anyway, they're fixing the whole set now so it's possible the unified pieces will look very different as well.
Glad they're fixing it. I hope they work on color matching too 'cuz this is just bad...LOL.

http://http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps6f7a7474.jpg

Selenial
05.08.2013 , 05:50 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
You got one: Investigator's set. Exactly the same, different colors, in 2.1 you will get dyes, so you can "revanise" it youself.

But actual Revan's set must look properly, not as a bugged recoloured inquisitor set with 2 hoods.
All my characters are female.
Thus you are incorrect.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aelther
05.08.2013 , 05:56 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
All my characters are female.
Thus you are incorrect.
Well then use phantom chest. Same model, a bit different textures (not gonna matter much when dyes come out) also does not cut off belly part.