Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthDymond
05.08.2013 , 03:59 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
No classic armor?
So much for "err on the side of caution" Fools. You obviously have no idea how to keep players happy, EA has taught you well.
I'd agree that releasing a Classic would probably have been best, especially if they're making a significant change to the look beyond the hood fix, but you're being ridiculous calling them "fools" for making what is still a reasonable decision overall.

The current model is just a recolor of the existing Inquisitor robes, slap an Armor Dye on them and bingo, you'll have your "Classic" armor back, or at least pretty darn close to it.

Props to the Dev team for listening to player feedback!
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Aelther
05.08.2013 , 03:59 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.
I am glad you decided to fix the appearance of your most iconic Character and thus restored a significant amount of my respect towards BioWare.

No classic armor?
So much for "err on the side of caution" Fools. You obviously have no idea how to keep players happy, EA has taught you well.
Because there's only 1 Revan's version. There can't be 2 different versions, because then 1 of them would NOT be Revan's. I'm fine with the keeping the current set, but then it would have to have the word "Revan's" removed from the title. And even then, in 2.1 you will get dyes, just get investigator's set and recolor it. it will look exactly the same.

And in the end making sure that main characters of the series look how they should is more important than some people who do not care about lore... and like I said they won't be losing much, since investigator's (and a bunch of other sets on imp side) look exactly the same with slightly different colors.

Pscyon
05.08.2013 , 04:09 PM | #213
Thanks Eric, I'm glad you could be reasoned with, that it was possible to come to the realization that the double hood isn't something awesome that people would tend to appreciate. As mentioned earlier though, do note that there are other chest pieces with the double hood that needs attention as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
The current model is just a recolor of the existing Inquisitor robes, slap an Armor Dye on them and bingo, you'll have your "Classic" armor back, or at least pretty darn close to it.
Not attempting to argue here just for the sake of it, but the "Revan's" version of this inquisitor robe is a bit unique actually; it is as far as I know the only version of this armour model that doesn't turn into a skimpy tank top for female characters.
Sith Sorcerer

Selenial
05.08.2013 , 04:19 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by jersyiii View Post
they say they wont change it => u nag
they say they will change it => u nag more

get over it allrdy
I never nagged them to change it.
I liked it the way it was.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Selenial
05.08.2013 , 04:20 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Good grief, this is why they didn't want to change it. Don't change their minds. Again.
Change it for all I care. But keep the classic version!
Rename it or something if they have to, granted I don't want two revans robes, one would change name, maybe even Faked Revan's Robes, that would do. But no.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Aelther
05.08.2013 , 04:24 PM | #216
Change it for all I care. But keep the classic version!
Rename it or something if they have to, granted I don't want two revans robes, one would change name, maybe even Faked Revan's Robes, that would do. But no.
You got one: Investigator's set. Exactly the same, different colors, in 2.1 you will get dyes, so you can "revanise" it youself.

But actual Revan's set must look properly, not as a bugged recoloured inquisitor set with 2 hoods.

Korusus
05.08.2013 , 04:31 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
You got one: Investigator's set. Exactly the same, different colors, in 2.1 you will get dyes, so you can "revanise" it youself.

But actual Revan's set must look properly, not as a bugged recoloured inquisitor set with 2 hoods.
So much this. The Revan set as it exists now is just a reskin of existing armor. It should look like the KOTOR version like the rest of the lore armor.

Also: Thank you Eric and BioWare for once listening to the community and reversing a perhaps poorly thought-out decision. Keep it up!

tman_ac
05.08.2013 , 04:36 PM | #218

Can't agree more on this statement. I am glad BW noticed that their initial decision was the worst they could make for such an iconic character like Revan. Thanks, really lost hope yesterday when I read that decision but you proofed that you actually do listen to the community. Now I can't wait to see 2.2 coming.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Radzkie
05.08.2013 , 04:39 PM | #219
If it's changed to actually look like Revan's armor, I will be "forced" to buy CC to get it! Damn!

... I'm excited.

qAsandra
05.08.2013 , 04:42 PM | #220
Eeem... What are you talking about. It's unify to chest. How could unifying other pieces to chest would make the chest...orange? I want what you're smoking.

Anyway Revan always wore a black robe with a bronze chestplate. He never wore anything brown. Except maybe when he was still a padawan of the jedi order.
I should have been more clear. My excuse is that I had not yet had enough coffee. When I unify other pieces to chest, it's the other pieces that turn the ugly orange color, not the Revan's chest piece.