Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
05.07.2013 , 06:31 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric
Understatement much?

Just say that you guys don't give a damn. Just admit it and get it over with.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Magnusheart's Avatar


Magnusheart
05.07.2013 , 07:10 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I hate to spoil your look but even with the hood down you still have clipping. Look at the back of your outfit next time you're logged on. You'll see part of the "up hood" is still there and is clipping through your "down hood."
Indeed, and its soo annoying. : / It is insulting to holorevan statue has no doublehood bug while we do.

Lets get his second hood removed!

tman_ac's Avatar


tman_ac
05.07.2013 , 07:58 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
Man, it really is striking just how different original Revan looks from the existing set. I really wish they would just copy-past his equipment from KotOR, since it just looks absolutely amazing! We can all agree, though, that the two-hoods issue is, frankly, unacceptable.
Yeh, can't agree more to your post. And I doubt the guys at BW Austin forgot how Revan should look like. In the end, that "decision" is the worst they could make. An iconic character like Revan needs to wear the correct armor!
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Magnusheart's Avatar


Magnusheart
05.07.2013 , 08:01 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
Yeh, can't agree more to your post. And I doubt the guys at BW Austin forgot how Revan should look like. In the end, that "decision" is the worst they could make. An iconic character like Revan needs to wear the correct armor!
This is a thread on fixing his existing gear, Not suggesting an entirely new one.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
05.07.2013 , 10:14 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Indeed, and its soo annoying. : / It is insulting to holorevan statue has no doublehood bug while we do.

Lets get his second hood removed!
I feel bad that I pointed that out to the poor sap, now all he's going to see when he looks at his robe is that even with the hood down it's still clipping
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Pscyon's Avatar


Pscyon
05.08.2013 , 12:31 AM | #196
Okay Eric. Back when you initially destroyed Phantom/Spymaster and those sets you did it on the basis of less than a dozen different forum accounts. Now you say you'll remove double hoods if there's enough people who wants that. There's a lot more people who wants this fixed than it was that got those sets broken. Surely that's enough votes aye?

And please do note that Revan's isn't the only chestpiece with the double hood, there are others as well, fix them all. Or employ one of the solutions suggested here with either letting people trade their double-hooded monstrosities to a vendor for single-hood versions or hand out proper versions as you did with the other sets.
Sith Sorcerer

Greenify's Avatar


Greenify
05.08.2013 , 01:15 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric
Can we not have a poll to vote on this?

saremun's Avatar


saremun
05.08.2013 , 03:09 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Greenify View Post
Can we not have a poll to vote on this?
agree, they should make something like function in the website so that people can vote on things, like the Cathar for instance people didnt choose the Cathar, i mean the majority of SWtor players would choose another race if they had the ability to so a vote would be sufficient.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
05.08.2013 , 03:17 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
like the Cathar for instance people didnt choose the Cathar, i mean the majority of SWtor players would choose another race if they had the ability to so a vote would be sufficient.
You are so wrong here. They did chose cathar... the problem is that most people who voted for cathar have quit the game ages ago.

qAsandra's Avatar


qAsandra
05.08.2013 , 07:33 AM | #200
I don't care for the double hood either, but to be honest, I don't use my Revan's chest much anymore. When you "Unify colors" when using it, it turns some items an ugly burnt orange color. (I'm guessing it's supposed to be brown?)

If both issues were corrected I would probably use it more.