Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rincewend
03.20.2013 , 07:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Revan is so strong he stacks hoods for power!!!

I will pass this on for investigation.

-eric
Great reply had me dieing at my desk, my coworkers are sure I am crazy now.

Reijikageyama
03.20.2013 , 08:49 PM | #12
While you are at it, please look into the colors for the revan chest, as someone mentioned earlier, it is far, far too light. It should be a real black color, you know, like the phantom set.

Now the lower robes look much darker than the chest piece. Please fix this by 2.0~~~ Revan set should be something iconic and legendary, not riddled with these various issues that seemingly linger around indefinitely.

Kellorion
03.20.2013 , 09:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Revan is so strong he stacks hoods for power!!!

I will pass this on for investigation.

-eric
This other Cartel set, Investigators set also has two hoods as well. Nor does it cape Revan style cape. And while I'm here can we get a reskin black deep purple of the Phantoms/Revan style chest piece? Thx
Lashon Orion'Nuruodo Tiran-Ori Ken
Eagerly waiting for Cathar, Cereans, Natoluans, Nikto, Togruta's, Voss & Weequay.
I got a bad feeling about this.....post.

SapoDoode
03.20.2013 , 10:22 PM | #14
I actually like the current color. However I definitely would like the multiple hood taken away, along with the "shoulder rolls"

I don't think I'd care for a cape either, as that would clip with everything.

Just my opinion.

xorcist
03.20.2013 , 10:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
So, for those who haven't noticed, there are two hoods on the Revan chest-piece; the obvious one, which sits nicely on your head, and for some reason a second, which lays down your back.

Obviously, that's a bug, so having it fixed would be great. However, I might also suggest adding a cape to the chest, since we all know that Revan in KotOR wore a cape, and capes just make everything better. And... still not sure how I feel about those "shoulder-roll" things. Maybe it would look better with the cape, though?
The shoulder rolls as you put it are a ridiculous addition. They need to remove it. fix the color as well, to a darker black, add the cape in addition to getting rid of the second hood.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

stephenalandavie
03.20.2013 , 10:31 PM | #16
This is true During the time when he wore this mask it had a cape that is mainly why it looks so epic where as what we have been given is an incomplete edition of the outfit
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

Magnusheart
03.20.2013 , 10:35 PM | #17
The set will be ruined with a cape. Capes in this games mechanics are horrible. You want a cape on it to go flapping out of the throne and meditation chair?

No.

Reason why Bioware DIDNT PUT A CAPE IN 1.0, Clipping errors would just suck. Thats why I love the set. NO Jedi back butt flaps, No clipping failure cape. IF they add a cape, it better damn well be a entirely different chestpeice or else it will be the classic and normal cartel item set fiasco all over again.

However, the bug fixes of the darker robes and the two hoods and the lower robe brown yes.

AshlaBoga
03.20.2013 , 10:43 PM | #18
What I can't understand is the hood bug. Why is this taking so long to fix?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

DarthAeonis
03.20.2013 , 10:45 PM | #19
if they made a new revan gear set to match the KOTOR version they could always call it "Darth Revan's..." that would solve it i think. and i would like the cape but its unfortunate theres so many issues with it. tho its wat u expect when u make move so realistically lol
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

Magnusheart
03.20.2013 , 10:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
What I can't understand is the hood bug. Why is this taking so long to fix?

Look at my thread making history. I have suggested and reported all 5 of Revan's set bugs since December 20th. To prevent necroing I tried hard to keep people noticing this annoying eyesore of a bug.

1. Helm still clips with body type 3 male
2. Revan's Chestplate, Investigator's Robe, and the Pathfinder Chestpeice all have 2 sets of hoods.
3. Chestplate became Light Grey in 1.6.1 look at my sig thread for the pictures, too lazy to link them.
4. Revan's Lower robe while graphically fixed in 1.6.2 became brown on default.
5. No Classic Revan's Chestplate using the Maelstrom Prison Revan was used, or the Classic Revan's Robes using the old passed off set version.

However, I wouldn't be suprised if they made a DARTH REVAN'S Chest / Leggs to look like the KOTOR Revan so people can enjoy the mesh clippings of a opened robe and cape. I have a PC Revan Kotor Mod and despite how nice it looks, it is horrified with clipping errors. and I think the current version gives it justice.