Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kameki
05.07.2013 , 03:08 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Alodar View Post
Here's a solution that might satisfy everybody:

Currently certain items can be bought with other items -- you trade in a legacy kit for a legacy item.

Couldn't you set up a vendor that has a fixed robe that could only be purchased by trading in the old robe?
That way folks who wanted to keep the old robe could, and folks who wanted to trade it in for the unbugged model could do so as well.

No-one gets double items and everybody gets what they want.
Hire this person.
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer

Greenify
05.07.2013 , 03:27 AM | #172
Fix it or do what guy above me said.

Jamus_Divinus
05.07.2013 , 03:47 AM | #173
A worrying precedent.

It's not a quirky bug that people shrug off but a very noticeable looking error that mars the appearance of what was supposed to be a visually cool item.

It's sloppy and unprofessional to acknowledge this obvious error but fail to rectify it due to 'some liking the current version'

That argument can be used to NOT fix any bug ingame:

Codex borked? "Some like the challenge of finding out which are broken and which aren't so we're not fixing any of them, yay."

Ship grade 7 blasters no longer do the right damage? "Well, we've found that a few players have enjoyed this artificial challenge increase and so why disappoint those buggers with a fix?"

Naked bolster gives better results than fully geared in Warzones? "Well, I've met a few ingame who love the current diversity in appearances now in Warzones. With varying degrees of darkside corruption few naked players are the same colour and that adds more variety to the WZ landscape...for some people that is. No fix incoming."

My 2 Cartel coins.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

Mercia
05.07.2013 , 04:43 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Alodar View Post
Here's a solution that might satisfy everybody:

Currently certain items can be bought with other items -- you trade in a legacy kit for a legacy item.

Couldn't you set up a vendor that has a fixed robe that could only be purchased by trading in the old robe?
That way folks who wanted to keep the old robe could, and folks who wanted to trade it in for the unbugged model could do so as well.

No-one gets double items and everybody gets what they want.
While i bought and am happy with what i already have im on the fence as to wether i want it to be fixed or not

Its very hard to disagree with the above as the main problem i now have with this 'bug' is the prescedent it sets for future bugs that you BW cannnot be arsed to fix

+ 1 vote for the above save your selfs BW your , your only hope!!!

Heezdedjim
05.07.2013 , 06:18 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.
Adding a bunch of honesly awful looking ornaments to a whole slew of armor sets =/= "fixing sets due to display bugs." You just randomly tacked on shoulder pads, weird antennas, and all sorts of other junk, which are exactly the sorts of things people have told you time and time again do not fit with the Star Wars universe "look" that so many players prefer. Of course people got pissed, when they went out of their way to collect sets they really liked, and then you tacked a bunch of ugly crap onto them overnight with no warning. You deserved exactly what you got as a result, which was a huge amount of negative feedback.

Fixing a blatant glitch that would never have made it into the game, if your artist had simply put the set on in-engine and did a 360 spin on the toon, has nothing to do with randomly restyling sets and adding ugly, unrequested ornaments to them. It is troubling that you have learned so little from what players have been saying that you think "fixing" the double hood bug and "fixing" the Spymaster set are the same thing.

xorcist
05.07.2013 , 06:21 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by SukaShen View Post
I'd just like to see a version of Revan's armor in SWTOR that actually looks like Revan's armor and not a re-color of a generic inquisitor armor set. Let's get rid of the shoulder pads, add a hooded cape, and make the chest piece bulkier.

Reference #1 - Revan's Armor

Reference #2 - Revan's Armor

Reference #3 - Revan's Armor

Reference #4 - Revan's Armor

Revan's armor is much bulkier than what we get in the game. Instead of an inquisitor's robe, Revan wore body armor with a bulky chest plate that obscured the waist. It is similar in look to a samurai's armor.

Instead we get holy-shoulders-revan!-armor.

This is closer to Revan's classic look.

Overall, I'm just totally disappointed with Revan's armor in SWTOR. The only thing I like about it is the mask. They did a good job on the mask.
Yes. The fact that they used the model of the inquisitor's set, appears as pure laziness on their part. Lore items are not supposed to appear similar to generic item models already created in game.

Once again. FIX IT, MYTHIC/BIOWARE AUSTIN!
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

xorcist
05.07.2013 , 06:23 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
Adding a bunch of honesly awful looking ornaments to a whole slew of armor sets =/= "fixing sets due to display bugs." You just randomly tacked on shoulder pads, weird antennas, and all sorts of other junk, which are exactly the sorts of things people have told you time and time again do not fit with the Star Wars universe "look" that so many players prefer. Of course people got pissed, when they went out of their way to collect sets they really liked, and then you tacked a bunch of ugly crap onto them overnight with no warning. You deserved exactly what you got as a result, which was a huge amount of negative feedback.

Fixing a blatant glitch that would never have made it into the game, if your artist had simply put the set on in-engine and did a 360 spin on the toon, has nothing to do with randomly restyling sets and adding ugly, unrequested ornaments to them. It is troubling that you have learned so little from what players have been saying that you think "fixing" the double hood bug and "fixing" the Spymaster set are the same thing.
Agreed. 100%
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Kameki
05.07.2013 , 06:31 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post

I know simply quoting is not adding much to this thread. But this is the best reply by far and summarizes about 75%+ of the comments made here.
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer

DarthSlin
05.07.2013 , 06:33 AM | #179
Also i havent look if any one said anything but... REVAN IS SUPPOST TO HAVE A CAPE!!!!! as seen in KOTOR 1 and 2*caugh*
Supporter of the idea of Walker mounts
Sign on here
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=625255

Aelther
05.07.2013 , 06:45 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSlin View Post
Also i havent look if any one said anything but... REVAN IS SUPPOST TO HAVE A CAPE!!!!! as seen in KOTOR 1 and 2*caugh*
It has been said a billion times already, but it seems we'll need to repeat it 5 billion times more for them to do it. If anyone deserves a unique and non-re-used armor models it's Revan. Even Blizzard made a full custom set for Arthas. But Bioware simply recoloured some inquisitor set... Without at least adding a cape.