Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
05.06.2013 , 01:24 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Just a few things to contemplate:

1) The bug likely originated in them making all new armors compatible with the hood toggle, which is why there are two hoods. .
Man there are LOTS and LOTS of NPCs wearing chest pieces with two hoods.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

MillionsKNives
05.06.2013 , 01:26 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
First time I noticed that was on Corellia, fighting the Green Jedi. I had a good laugh about it.

ShenLongKazama
05.06.2013 , 01:28 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I don't get it, there are only a few steps which would make the players happy.

1: Change the main robe color to black

2: Remove the wrong hood.

3: Add different versions of the robe:

Revan's Robe Hood Up
Revan's Robe Hood Down

And two classic versions which have the cape. If you're messing with Revan, you're messing with all of us.

Grimoir
05.06.2013 , 01:36 PM | #104
I don't even use the robes on and my characters, but I am in full support of all the people who have posted in favor thus far.

I doubt you'd have made this decision if you'd properly tallied the votes to begin with. Add my vote to the list and make the change asap. At the very least, think of this as a step in the right direction towards fixing the small things.

The next thing you should definitely be devoting a team of people to, is fixing the goram codex! Tooooooo many entries don't register or are simply non-existent in the game.
~The Jykoor Legacy of The Bastion(PvP)~
Anasė - Terminal Velocity[Hybrid] Powertech - Level: 55
Jerīcho - Tactics Vanguard - Level: 55

Terin
05.06.2013 , 01:39 PM | #105
I implore you guys to fix the Revan set! As said, Revan is the single most memorable character prior to the movies themselves, and it seems shocking that his armor should not only be bugged, but willfully ignored. Please don't take that as a tone of anger; I understand the thought-process of "Well, maybe somebody likes it this way". I think that point of view is simply wrong, however, as something that is clearly a visual defect should never be supported, particularly in such a way as this.

As I said, I personally believe you should not only remove the hood, but also add Revan's classic cape. This is Darth Revan we're talking about; he should have the coolest armor in the game, but armor that is willingly left in a bugged state.

At the *VERY* least, add a new set of "Darth Revan's" items in new packs, but this time make those thing 100% accurate to his KotOR appearance, right down to having a sharper point on the "chin" of his mask, and his "Belt" being the ring with leather-straps.

tman_ac
05.06.2013 , 01:41 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Terrible decision. Something that is broken or not working as intended should be fixed, period. You are going to potentially have people upset either way, so why not err on the side of making things right? This decision really makes no sense. I don't care much about this particular armor piece, but this sets a bad precedent for dealing with future errors.
Pretty much this. I mean, seriously BW... You can't be serious about an answer like this. Everyone who knows Revan from Kotor wants the appearance to be fixed. This is the worst decision you could make. Can't even tell you how disappointed I am.

And as you already did with previous armor sets, I don't get it why you can't just do the same to one of the most prestigious lore items you can obtain in this game. Give the guys who want that ugly doublehood a classic version and release a correct version for us. (what will be for sure the majority, if not all)
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.06.2013 , 01:43 PM | #107
I just figured out the solution to this problem. Million hood march on Austin.

Aelther
05.06.2013 , 01:45 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by SerikFox View Post
Revan is the entire reason this game exists, and you're not going to put any real effort into making his armor look it's supposed to, but you'll give classic versions for phantom gear and the like? I am so sick of these types of answers. Are you kidding me? 50% of the reason I played this game as because I would finally find out what happened to Revan. Then you just sorta wrote him out. Then, once Revan's armor was released, I was at least satisfied that something about Revan in this game was cool, even if it didn't look right. But to find the bug, and then say you're not going to fix the bug for the armor set of the character who is the entire reason this game exists - you just made me decide. ESO I am waiting for you patiently. I have no intention of playing a game based on kotor when the devs refuse to do anything to pay any real homage to Kotor. Understand, I play because I am a big fan of Star Wars and of Kotor, not because I'm a fan of SWTOR. I enjoy this game quite a bit, but the devs for ESO are putting a great deal of effort to keep things accurate to their previously stated canon. If you can't fix a simple armor set, then I'm out. I may be a bigger Star Wars fan than an Elder Scrolls fan, but it's just an insult to Star Wars when devs have no respect for the characters that make people like Star Wars. The devs for ESO are more interested in making some obscure little detail accurate about some random ruin somewhere than you are about fixing the armor for Kotor's primary character. I can already see that in what's been put out for ESO, and by how their devs treat Elder Scrolls. If you can bother to start fixing the things that made people care for the old republic, then I'm sold. If not, then goodbye. Even if ESO bombs, I can find something else.
You, sir just read my mind 100%. I was planning on playing both teso and SWTOR as I am a huge fan of both KOTOR and TES, but such lack of respect for their own MAIN character (and only because some random guy who does not care about lore or Revan might object) kinda makes me wanna leave this game.

MillionsKNives
05.06.2013 , 01:46 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I just figured out the solution to this problem. Million hood march on Austin.
Two million hood march. Each person wears two.

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.06.2013 , 01:48 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Two million hood march. Each person wears two.
I was thinking 500,000 people was more realistic than 1 million, but you get the general idea.