Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Warzone FFA Map *16 on 16* (4 & 8 man premades only)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New Warzone FFA Map *16 on 16* (4 & 8 man premades only)

Pistols-GS
03.20.2013 , 05:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
Hey - a good idea on the PvP forum, and no mention of premades, smashmonkeys, bubble sorcs or - theme of the week this - hax.

I almost feel like I'm being trolled, such is my surprise at this post.

I'd love to see this implemented and having premades only would be a great idea as at least teams could assemble and not end up without healers etc.

I'd have some sort of objective, though - even a minor one - otherwise you'd just have a massive clump of players in the middle being smashmonkeyed over and over again.

Sorry to be the one to bring them up - but that's what would happen, I'm afraid.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I'd be fine with some small objective, provided it's team based and not "hey go shadow go defend node for 15 min why we PvP".
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Axe_Faktor
03.20.2013 , 05:43 PM | #22
I like this idea a lot. In fact I was thinking the other day: "gee wouldn't it be fun if the next WZ they release were just a big arena on like geonosis or something, and it was straight up TDM."

yes I said gee in my head.

Once you had a basic arena style map, you could add all sorts of different game modes that could be randomized for that map: Straight up TDM, Small group multi-team TDM, Hardpoint (stealth players would have to be limited on stealth inside the Hardpoint), Kingslayer, etc.

In addition, I think there are other opportunities to really expand the WZ experience in the game.

It would be really easy to mix it up so that the game mode randomized between NC and ACW. I don't see why you couldn't do Majority Domination on ACW just as easily as you could do standard domination on NC. You'd have to make a few tweaks in terms of capture mechanics because I think ACW is a larger map, but it would be nice to mix it up a little bit.

By that same token, I think Huttball could easily be adapted into a two flag Capture the Flag style game mode, and it would randomize between that and huttball.

Finally, I'd do something with mountable turrets. They had them on Ilum before the Gree showed up, and I think there could be a warzone where the teams battle for control of a mountable turret. Not sure of the mechanic, but since having the turret is such a huge advantage, it would have to be difficult to defend once you got a hold of it, or it would have to have an overheat mechanic that was tricky to manage or something like that.

What do you think?
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

cashogy_reborn
03.20.2013 , 05:49 PM | #23
im late to the discusson, so maybe some one asked/answered this already, but why would you set the winner to fewest deaths? that rewards stealth classes immensely.

if its TDM, most kills should be win the game.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Axe_Faktor
03.20.2013 , 06:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
im late to the discusson, so maybe some one asked/answered this already, but why would you set the winner to fewest deaths? that rewards stealth classes immensely.

I hear you on this, but there still needs to be a way for a PUG that has crumby DPS to win the Zone. Maybe K ratio could be used. That way, lets say you have a team that's tank/healer heavy, you're rewarded for both picking up a few kills and staying alive.

Or you could go the purist route, and have a Zone where the winning team is determined strictly based on medal acquisition, with no objective medals granted in the zone, only protection, healing and damage.

Or as I mentioned in my previous post, the zone could randomize the mode, so that you could have a mode where least deaths wins, a mode where most kills wins, one where K wins and one where medals wins. That way a team of all stealthers couldn't win every time just by staying stealthed.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

Axe_Faktor
03.20.2013 , 06:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
Or as I mentioned in my previous post, the zone could randomize the mode, so that you could have a mode where least deaths wins, a mode where most kills wins, one where K wins and one where medals wins. That way a team of all stealthers couldn't win every time just by staying stealthed.
btw those smilies are supposed to be K : D (kill to death). Should have previewed the post...

JeremyShelton
03.20.2013 , 06:30 PM | #26
This is a nice compromise to the lack of sufficient World PvP. Bigger map could bring in more groups with gunslingers and commandos that can perform better in the wider open world.
Seuhae - 60 Gunslinger

Pistols-GS
03.20.2013 , 06:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

Be honest, how many groups would only bring majority of stealth classes to win 115 reg comms? Maybe a troll team I guess, but I just don't see it happening frequently enough to matter. I did say somewhere that another option could be no winner / loser...same rewards no matter what. I welcome any other alternative to decide winning this type of WZ, cause honestly the winner to me would be everyone getting a WZ like this.

If they do, power to them, the rest of the peeps would probably just PvP as intended.

Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

cashogy_reborn
03.20.2013 , 07:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Be honest, how many groups would only bring majority of stealth classes to win 115 reg comms? Maybe a troll team I guess, but I just don't see it happening frequently enough to matter. I did say somewhere that another option could be no winner / loser...same rewards no matter what. I welcome any other alternative to decide winning this type of WZ, cause honestly the winner to me would be everyone getting a WZ like this.

If they do, power to them, the rest of the peeps would probably just PvP as intended.

i see your point. id love to see a TDM game mode tho. i miss the days of SWG battlefields
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Laforet
03.20.2013 , 09:38 PM | #29
8v8 is already a cluster fest as it is, you think our beloved engine handles 32 people spanking each other, im not sure. Remember ilum.

2v2 / 3v3 arenas plz. Clean, simple, easy to do, easy to balance because of the universal resolve system (there would be no godcomp in swtor because there are no stuns on different DRs so to speak).

Do not give anything special for it besides regular comms so the people who are scared of being hummiliated by superior playstile in an enviroment where you cant gang people in a 4v1 stunfest can sitck to their beloved warzones.

There you have it, TDM as its suposed to be.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Ottoattack
03.20.2013 , 09:50 PM | #30
And the wait time will be only 30 mins !!

Good idea, but with the current population status on the servers would not work.