Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man.....

stendarrs
03.20.2013 , 10:07 AM | #1
Well, occasionally things happen in the world of playing video games that require people to act like a 12 year old girl on Facebook who just broke up with her boyfriend. The events that have occurred to me over the last week require me to act in such a way. I find myself staring at the beautiful daisies outside and wondering what to do with my life. Please help me decide what to do with myself because the world has become too sad and confusing to move forward without the help of the wonderful swtor forum community.

I am known as ShloMoJoe and I come from a very long lineage of MMO gaming history. I started off in the world of Ultima Online and will admit now, after many years of silence, that I was actually the person who poisoned the blade that once killed Lord British. I was a young and foolish lad back in those days. Many regrets have piled up during my life as a gamer. My main profession was being a bard in those times. I would entertain all the beasties of the land with my epic tales. I’ve since played many other games, and finally found myself best suited to be that guy that has a lot of health and gets beat up on at the front of the group. I think most people refer to that role as punching-bag, but I’ve heard others call it a tank though that never made much sense to me. So, in time, people just started to call me “Punchy”, and boy could I take a beating like no other. By the way, I also wanted to share that I come from Canada and was born with a vestigial tail. I’m very proud of my tail and enjoy playing puppy-dog with my girlfriend. I like to make jokes about my tail, but please be aware that you can only make jokes about tails if you have one.

But anyway, I had been playing swtor for over a year and I thought that I had finally found a guild where good old Punchy would be embraced and I could happily wag my tail. I personally enjoy a good RP-PVE experience where we’re all playing at a high level and getting in to our characters. I like to take down difficult end game content while Punchy entertains his mates with tales of galactic space travel. Everything seemed to be going okay, until some bad thing happened. Something bad just always seem to happen doesn’t it….

I woke up one day after not having logged in for a few weeks, ready to take Punchy in to glorious battle, only to find that I was no longer a member of my beloved guild. Instead, I received I big mean message and a link that outlined a new direction for the guild. It was a droopy tail day to say the least. I have changed the names to protect the innocent, though in this case, clearly innocence has been lost. The following message had been posted explaining the circumstances of several members having been removed from the guild:

“Greetings future, past, and present members of Gx Fxxx YxxxxxxF.

Undoubtedly news has met you regarding the recent changes made to create a reduction in the competitive future for our guild. This announcement is designed to elaborate on any communication you’ve received regarding how you were impacted as we made this adjustment to our membership base. I will do my best to message the delicate topic of both thanking and dismissing some members who have helped recreate the guild as well as refocus those remaining FxxxxxS towards a singular focus moving forward.

To understand why there is a need for change you have to first see where the FxxxxxS come from. We come from a gaming experience where mediocrity was expected at all levels of the game. Learning your class, skills, and each other meant nothing to the overall success of the guild. Being good or even above average was simply not acceptable. It should mean nothing to be a FxxxxR, and over time we’ve lost that as a collective whole, but more specifically the leadership team lost focus of what that meant. The reality is we’ve accidentally recruited some quality players in to the guild. We used to just swing an invite to any chode that knew how to put on a pair of pants, but recently we started to actually evaluate players before sending an invite. Accurately, it’s been said that the FxxxxxS have some of the most average and underachieving players on the server, but have a handful of quality players that may accidentally give the idea that we are more than just average. Previously our allies had the assurance that when grouping with any FxxxxR they’d be playing with one of the most average players on the server, or possibly the game. As a guild leadership group we’ve worked diligently to implement smaller changes to help change the culture and inspire others to not log in for weeks or wear leveling greens at all times. These efforts have been met with mixed participation after spending many hours developing plans to move our guild toward the dead center. Ultimately, we’ve lost who we are and it’s time to refocus.

Do not mistake the above paragraph as averageism. The term has never been associated with our guild and never will be. We have always been the same fun loving group of chodes who enjoy each other’s company, but who enjoy wiping equally. We have a rich history of Star Wars MMO experience that spans 1000’s of years of guild leadership and we will continue to grow our core moving forward with members who match the quality of those remaining.

The Council has determined that adjusting who is within our membership is necessary to create an intentional focus on getting back to what Gx Fxxx YxxxxxxF used to be, and creating an opportunity to focus on achieving our goal. Today, on the 3rd of March in the year of our Lord 2 thousand and thirteen at 11:15 o’clock, approximately 12.5 quality members have been removed from our guild.

This was not an overnight decision. Our guild leadership did not let this happen abruptly or without delicate care and consideration as to how to move forward. There has been much deliberation, and conversations on what change needed to take place, but one thing was clear … the Council agreed that a change was necessary. I personally want to thank every member, past and present, which helped in shaping who we have become in the new gaming platform, and more importantly helping shape what we will become moving forward.

A message for those who have been removed…
We wish you the best of luck in your gaming experience and in finding a new guild that matches you. Since finalizing our removal list I have reached out to fellow guild leaders and will provide them a list with individual recommendations to assist you in this journey of finding a new home. I know that this offers little consolation, but it is my hope that you find a new home that fits you and your play style. Moving forward we will be redefining our recruitment standards, and as previously stated only be adding painfully average individuals who meet the mediocre standards of our remaining members. If at some point in the future you decide that you would like to reapply and be reassessed for guild membership, we will respect your decision and do so without prejudgment. It is our hope that all of you take some time away from the game, lose touch with how to gear your characters and let your skills diminish to the point that you will fit within our ranks. Those who meet the new standards will be readmitted and follow the normal recruitment path from that point forward.

From this day forth, we shall be known on this server as the most unremarkably average group of PvE players that have ever stepped foot within an MMO. We shall spend all of our time wiping on bosses, and all of our credits on a never ending repair bill. If at some point in time it may look like we will progress past a boss, I will personally stand in the fire until the raid is wiped. I will soak up damage that no healer can handle, and in turn everyone else shall perish due to my own actions. To all my remaining brothers and sisters within the average guild of Gx Fxxx YxxxxxxF, I give to you our new battle cry:

“STAND IN THE FIRE!!!!!”

If you have any questions, please contact me or some other person, it really doesn’t matter because we probably don’t have the answers anyway.”

Clearly, they are trying to play this off like they’re just trying to let the rest of us go and pursue our own desires such that we can enjoy the game experience as much as possible. But clearly, I tell you that this is a case of averageism!!! They have singled out us quality players, like Punchy and my good friend D-bag (he’s a DPS’er). The community should all turn against this band of averageist FxxxxxS.

I can’t believe that someone would behave this way. I think it would be so much more logical to create some sort of vision statement where you might, I don’t know, want to try to be the best at one particular aspect of the game. Then, perhaps let go of the people who were not interested in that particular type of game play so that they could go do whatever it is that they wanted to do within the game to make themselves happy and get the most enjoyment from the game. That sounds totally logical right? Don’t you all think so?

Anyway, I’m sure that there are many here who will not take my post seriously and may try to make fun of my glorious vestigial tail. Of you are one of those jerks, then perhaps you too would be a good candidate to join the ranks of Gx Fxxx YxxxxxxF. To all you people and to all the remaining guild members, I will let you listen to a song sung by me and some of my brothers as inspiration and remembrance:

http://youtu.be/27-mI1FTJRw

Strong are you in the force, but always remember:

It takes a big man to cry….but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

My name is ShloMoJoe (aka Punchy) and I endorse this message.

Have a nice day

Domatron
03.20.2013 , 10:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by stendarrs View Post
It takes a big man to cry….but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
This part made it worth it

OMGitsCHARLIE
03.20.2013 , 11:15 AM | #3
9/10

had a good laugh

RyanReagan
03.20.2013 , 11:46 AM | #4
Do a barrel roll!
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.² <Infinite Darkness>

bigheadbrandon
03.20.2013 , 11:57 AM | #5
Well, occasionally things happen in the world of playing video games that require people to act like a 12 year old girl on Facebook who just broke up with her boyfriend. The events that have occurred to me over the last week require me to act in such a way. I find myself staring at the beautiful daisies outside and wondering what to do with my life. Please help me decide what to do with myself because the world has become too sad and confusing to move forward without the help of the wonderful swtor forum community.

I am known as ShloMoJoe and I come from a very long lineage of MMO gaming history. I started off in the world of Ultima Online and will admit now, after many years of silence, that I was actually the person who poisoned the blade that once killed Lord British. I was a young and foolish lad back in those days. Many regrets have piled up during my life as a gamer. My main profession was being a bard in those times. I would entertain all the beasties of the land with my epic tales. I’ve since played many other games, and finally found myself best suited to be that guy that has a lot of health and gets beat up on at the front of the group. I think most people refer to that role as punching-bag, but I’ve heard others call it a tank though that never made much sense to me. So, in time, people just started to call me “Punchy”, and boy could I take a beating like no other. By the way, I also wanted to share that I come from Canada and was born with a vestigial tail. I’m very proud of my tail and enjoy playing puppy-dog with my girlfriend. I like to make jokes about my tail, but please be aware that you can only make jokes about tails if you have one.

But anyway, I had been playing swtor for over a year and I thought that I had finally found a guild where good old Punchy would be embraced and I could happily wag my tail. I personally enjoy a good RP-PVE experience where we’re all playing at a high level and getting in to our characters. I like to take down difficult end game content while Punchy entertains his mates with tales of galactic space travel. Everything seemed to be going okay, until some bad thing happened. Something bad just always seem to happen doesn’t it….

I woke up one day after not having logged in for a few weeks, ready to take Punchy in to glorious battle, only to find that I was no longer a member of my beloved guild. Instead, I received I big mean message and a link that outlined a new direction for the guild. It was a droopy tail day to say the least. I have changed the names to protect the innocent, though in this case, clearly innocence has been lost. The following message had been posted explaining the circumstances of several members having been removed from the guild:

Undoubtedly news has met you regarding the recent changes made to create a reduction in the competitive future for our guild. This announcement is designed to elaborate on any communication you’ve received regarding how you were impacted as we made this adjustment to our membership base. I will do my best to message the delicate topic of both thanking and dismissing some members who have helped recreate the guild as well as refocus those remaining FxxxxxS towards a singular focus moving forward.

To understand why there is a need for change you have to first see where the FxxxxxS come from. We come from a gaming experience where mediocrity was expected at all levels of the game. Learning your class, skills, and each other meant nothing to the overall success of the guild. Being good or even above average was simply not acceptable. It should mean nothing to be a FxxxxR, and over time we’ve lost that as a collective whole, but more specifically the leadership team lost focus of what that meant. The reality is we’ve accidentally recruited some quality players in to the guild. We used to just swing an invite to any chode that knew how to put on a pair of pants, but recently we started to actually evaluate players before sending an invite. Accurately, it’s been said that the FxxxxxS have some of the most average and underachieving players on the server, but have a handful of quality players that may accidentally give the idea that we are more than just average. Previously our allies had the assurance that when grouping with any FxxxxR they’d be playing with one of the most average players on the server, or possibly the game. As a guild leadership group we’ve worked diligently to implement smaller changes to help change the culture and inspire others to not log in for weeks or wear leveling greens at all times. These efforts have been met with mixed participation after spending many hours developing plans to move our guild toward the dead center. Ultimately, we’ve lost who we are and it’s time to refocus.

Do not mistake the above paragraph as averageism. The term has never been associated with our guild and never will be. We have always been the same fun loving group of chodes who enjoy each other’s company, but who enjoy wiping equally. We have a rich history of Star Wars MMO experience that spans 1000’s of years of guild leadership and we will continue to grow our core moving forward with members who match the quality of those remaining.

The Council has determined that adjusting who is within our membership is necessary to create an intentional focus on getting back to what Gx Fxxx YxxxxxxF used to be, and creating an opportunity to focus on achieving our goal. Today, on the 3rd of March in the year of our Lord 2 thousand and thirteen at 11:15 o’clock, approximately 12.5 quality members have been removed from our guild.

This was not an overnight decision. Our guild leadership did not let this happen abruptly or without delicate care and consideration as to how to move forward. There has been much deliberation, and conversations on what change needed to take place, but one thing was clear … the Council agreed that a change was necessary. I personally want to thank every member, past and present, which helped in shaping who we have become in the new gaming platform, and more importantly helping shape what we will become moving forward.

We wish you the best of luck in your gaming experience and in finding a new guild that matches you. Since finalizing our removal list I have reached out to fellow guild leaders and will provide them a list with individual recommendations to assist you in this journey of finding a new home. I know that this offers little consolation, but it is my hope that you find a new home that fits you and your play style. Moving forward we will be redefining our recruitment standards, and as previously stated only be adding painfully average individuals who meet the mediocre standards of our remaining members. If at some point in the future you decide that you would like to reapply and be reassessed for guild membership, we will respect your decision and do so without prejudgment. It is our hope that all of you take some time away from the game, lose touch with how to gear your characters and let your skills diminish to the point that you will fit within our ranks. Those who meet the new standards will be readmitted and follow the normal recruitment path from that point forward.

From this day forth, we shall be known on this server as the most unremarkably average group of PvE players that have ever stepped foot within an MMO. We shall spend all of our time wiping on bosses, and all of our credits on a never ending repair bill. If at some point in time it may look like we will progress past a boss, I will personally stand in the fire until the raid is wiped. I will soak up damage that no healer can handle, and in turn everyone else shall perish due to my own actions. To all my remaining brothers and sisters within the average guild of Gx Fxxx YxxxxxxF, I give to you our new battle cry:

“STAND IN THE FIRE!!!!!”

If you have any questions, please contact me or some other person, it really doesn’t matter because we probably don’t have the answers anyway.”

Clearly, they are trying to play this off like they’re just trying to let the rest of us go and pursue our own desires such that we can enjoy the game experience as much as possible. But clearly, I tell you that this is a case of averageism!!! They have singled out us quality players, like Punchy and my good friend D-bag (he’s a DPS’er). The community should all turn against this band of averageist FxxxxxS.

I can’t believe that someone would behave this way. I think it would be so much more logical to create some sort of vision statement where you might, I don’t know, want to try to be the best at one particular aspect of the game. Then, perhaps let go of the people who were not interested in that particular type of game play so that they could go do whatever it is that they wanted to do within the game to make themselves happy and get the most enjoyment from the game. That sounds totally logical right? Don’t you all think so?

Anyway, I’m sure that there are many here who will not take my post seriously and may try to make fun of my glorious vestigial tail. Of you are one of those jerks, then perhaps you too would be a good candidate to join the ranks of Gx Fxxx YxxxxxxF. To all you people and to all the remaining guild members, I will let you listen to a song sung by me and some of my brothers as inspiration and remembrance:

Have a nice day
i wish i could read

ArchangelLBC
03.20.2013 , 02:33 PM | #6
Hahahahahahahahahaha

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh or not, but God I did. Sten I want you to know that I've never cared about your vestigial tail, and I would gladly use you as a punching bag anytime <3
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

wbtusmc
03.22.2013 , 11:00 PM | #7

“STAND IN THE FIRE!!!!!”

Have a nice day

Wall of Text refers to needlessly long text posts that are often found without line or paragraph breaks. Walls of text can be found in a wide range of online conversations from spam emails and webcomic dialogue to blog posts and comment sections.One of the earliest mentions of the phrase “wall of text” appeared in the title of a spam message posted on three unrelated newsgroups on November 21st, 1996 by a company named Valucard International. The post, “Wall of text with subtle picture,” was shared on alt.books.phil-k-dick[1], alt.sci.time-travel[2] and alt.ascii-art[3] with the summary “ascii art disguised as screenful of mumblejumble” and a keyword, “oh my god.”Etaoin Shridlu opened the book to where his thumbnail had randomly parted
the pages and began reading from the center of the page but noticed something
strange about the pattern of the rivulets of space around the words and soon
had lost all comprehension of the literal meaning of the passage when a picture…clearly asserted itself in the apparently meticulously intricate typing which
was simultaneously a long unpunctuated nonsensical run on sentence and yet a
photograph perfectly halftoned into dots shaped as letters of the alphabet
no doubt generated by a cybernetic system that creates fractal branched
sentences which never end but instead sort of parenthesize and go for a ways
and then change course usually by going into detail in a tangential sort of
stackpush that never pops but instead keeps zooming in yet another level
each line or so like an infinite inwards motion that doesn’t even need
punctuation and takes the reader on a one-way trip forwards into
progressively refined images much like the incredible shrinking man or
Fantastic Voyage except that it just keeps on going so actually the effect
is more like the colored oilslick breakdowns in 2001 and if you could get
the wave action of the text into just the right peristaltic contractions in
sync with the eye and mind of the audience it could get pretty awesome like
nanotech cities living on the bark of redwood trees in undulating valleys of
forests on nonspherical fiberspace membranes extruded by femtopicotek
nested-space 3.2-dimensional manifolds “bigger at the small end of the
scale” provided you have senses which don’t peter out when things get subtle
thus allowing you to encode information in the very borderlines of its very
existence thus relying on the viewer’s idiosyncrasies more than on his
common-ness because things which are on the edge of not being there at all
are going to probably excite a set of simultaneous responses which don’t
triangulate or intersect or agree or synergize in an unambiguated crisp
singleness and are also somewhat partial and even flickering or dynamic or
changing rapidly with time which requires their mind(s) to choose from a
bifurcating multiplexing divergence of (mildly) resonant rapidly-evolving
attractors forming a ghostly community of evaporatory cooperative “temporary
friends” sharing fleeting memories because a localized continuity of thought
is maintained on more than one level
Though the phrase may not have entered online usage until 1996, a similar concept has been used in the literary device known as stream-of-consciousness since the 18th and 19th centuries, when authors would write paragraphs that continue on for pages at a time.[4] This technique was used several times in James Joyce’s 1922 novel Ulysses[5], as highlighted in the final chapter “Penelope.” Also known as Molly Bloom’s Soliloquy[6], the chapter consists of eight sentences, one of which is 4,391 words long. This was the longest sentence in English literature until 2001, when a 13,955-words long sentence was published in Jonathan Coe’s novel The Rotters’ Club.[7]In 2002, walls of text was mentioned on UseIt.com’s list of that year’s Top Ten Web-Design Mistakes[8], which described this type of text as intimidating, boring and hard to read. On August 31st, 2005, the first definition for the phrase was added to Urban Dictionary[9] and two years later, it was added to Uncylopedia[10], which presents the entry in one lengthy paragraph instead of the normal article format. In 2010, it was added to the Online Slang Dictionary.[14]Bloggers also use the phrase to denote especially verbose posts on Tumblr[11] and LiveJournal[12], which yields more than 137,000 search results for “wall of text.” In April 2008, walloftext.net[13] was registered as a secondary domain name to someone’s personal blog, which was updated with wordy posts until February 2012. The phrase can also be used to refer to a negative trait that appears in webcomics, when artists would write in unnecessarily long dialogues that encroach on the comic’s art.[16] Subnormality[15] (shown below), a webcomic blog launched in 2007, is known for its lengthy dialogue scenes.Search volume for “wall of text” peaked in September 2008, coinciding with the creation of the TV Tropes[4] page for the phrase.

enista
03.23.2013 , 08:14 AM | #8
i have no idea *** i just read....but i did giggle
Enista Marcross
Templars of Lok

kamikrazy
03.23.2013 , 08:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by enista View Post
i have no idea *** i just read....but i did giggle
By copying and pasting this http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wall-of-text, his score is deducted from a 7/10 to -3/10. Plagiarism gets you burned.