Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Healing - No Love

03.20.2013 , 10:44 PM | #21
If only I had sticky grenades.... Seriously though, you get stickys that hit up to 5k?? Lameeee.

03.21.2013 , 01:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIord View Post
300k healing isn't a given. Especially when focused on a losing team. Killing blows comes from hoping to get a last shot on an enemy, one you didn't burn down yourself, so yes it may be an easier medal but I would hardly call it given. The 10 to 25 kill medals are again, based on your team (10 kills not to bad). Lastly, 2.5k damage? Maybe for your class, but I have to be lucky to get that damage on mine. (Almost full elite merc) .

I look at it this way. Tanks are handed medals for popping guard and taunts. I don't think anyone would argue that. Dps are given more room to apply themselves to different medal pools. Damage, kills, solo kills, taunts, hits. etc. Basically, they have a much wider array of medals that apply to them. Quite frankly, I feel healers do not. Though I wish there was a time spent cc'd medal and damage taken medal . Maybe you have it much kinder on the pub side, but I'm basing this off my experience.
If anything healers have it easier than a dps would, since dps do not get medals based off your healing, (directly speaking) but healers do for dps. Also if your a merc, rocket punch should crit for over 2.5k regardless of your spec. Sticky grenade should crit for 2.5-3k as well.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

03.21.2013 , 06:23 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIord View Post
If only I had sticky grenades.... Seriously though, you get stickys that hit up to 5k?? Lameeee.
No I do not get sticky's that hit up to 5k. Although I wish I did. For some reason, Swtor adds my damage of stock strike on top of sticky grenade. So if they both crit for up to 2.5k then I also get the 5k medal. I wish I had recorded it! It's pretty Ogtastic if ya ask me.

03.21.2013 , 10:10 AM | #24
I find as far as racking up medals on my toons my tank brings in a lot more medals 10+ most matches (even if on losing side), my healer and dps are about the same (8+) depending on the group composition.

Usually I will give my vote to in this order:

- fellow guildie
- healer
- tank
- dps

unless someone does exceptionally well in their stats (i.e. 100k+ protection for a tank, 500k+ healing for a healer, 500k+ dmg for a dps) or plays the objectives well.

Sometimes I wish I could give more than 1 MVP vote as WZs are won or lost by the team not necessarily by an individual
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

03.26.2013 , 06:59 AM | #25
Having PvP'd with both my 50's i would tend to agree and disagree.

Healers do a lot of work for squat when it comes down to it. I've only ever seen a few medals for being a healer.

With that said, DPS get just as much and on the same terms, if you do well you get them. Same as healers.

Tanks. What do tanks get? Protection medals! They bring in the comms. But! Only if you remember to protect and only if it works. On many occasions i have had my Guard not work at all. Or have it completely negated?

I always expect at least 1 MVP at the end of a match because i expect to have someone on my team to earn mine. As a healer this is hard to do, as a dps, its slightly easier, and as a tank it depends on a lot of things.
Lucius, Ludicrous, Lucii
Kind, Kinky, Kumori

03.26.2013 , 10:11 AM | #26
PVP tanks normally get a good amount of metal if they are guarding. Healers only get medals if they add a cap or a defuse something that gives an offensive medal for objectives. If you play objectives in warzones you should have no trouble getting a nice medal count. Bomb heals and toss out a little damage when you have numbers on your side to help clean things up quicker.
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion