Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Healing - No Love

MelliMelon
03.20.2013 , 11:22 AM | #11
I usually don't think about who I vote for, unless I feel bad for someone... Maybe if it meant more. Though I suppose it does mean something to some people. Hrm.

Rylorn
03.20.2013 , 11:37 AM | #12
I have different voting strategies that I cycle between.

Someone I'm grouped with
Random person that stayed until after I was done looking at stats
Top Healer
Someone who stayed to defend a node
Someone who is having a bad day
Someone who used an epic maneuver I haven't seen before(always on the look out)
Someone in my group that I couldn't vote for previously
Someone who surprised me

Here it is, my formula to thwart healers their well deserved MVP votes.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] Shadowlands

LaVall
03.20.2013 , 12:00 PM | #13
I try to pay attention to things like who distracted or cc'd enemies allowing my team to cap a door, who made a clutch pull preventing their ball carrier from suffering a death in the fire pit, who guarded a node nobody wanted to and made prompt and accurate inc calls, or who slowed a group of reinforcements responding to an inc call while you're trying to take a node. These things don't show on the scoreboard yet directly and significantly effect the outcome of the match. Although MVP votes don't amount to any significant reward, I feel it's nice to know that your efforts were recognized since making your team win often comes at the expense of personal stats on the scoreboard.

Jaddis
03.20.2013 , 12:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post

Here it is, my formula to thwart healers their well deserved MVP votes.
I KNEW IT!

Just kidding, I tend to vote for node guards. Frequently the most boring job, but one of the most imparitive. Or someone who was really communicative in a positive way.

SimplyKupo
03.20.2013 , 04:45 PM | #15
I do the same as Jaadis and Approxy. Node guards (that don't suck,) people I am grouped with or some one that stood out during the match. Oh and if a player comes in way late because we had a crybaby, ragequitter expletive and said player still puts forth effort. XP

As a healer it seems to be all or nothing most matches, which is fine. It's only 1 comm difference isn't it? I feel bad for the other players if I get lots of votes. o_o;

I also have to agree that healers focusing only on boosting their numbers vs paying attention to objectives are rather worthless and I'd rather have a team with no healers if it means everyone is going to actually stop caps/plants or cc or whatever. (Not to say that's what OP did but to reiterate a possibility for why healers don't always get votes.)
The Kupo Legacy
Lydiah is bad... Pichan is worse

DarkIord
03.20.2013 , 05:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JenseitsvonBose View Post
This seems backwards to me, but I think most people tend to give out their votes arbitrarily. That said, I have to disagree with your comment about it being difficult to medal as a healer. Sometimes circumstances don't lend themselves to performance, but in my experience those matches are somewhat rare. If a level 50 healer is failing to hit eight medals on a regular basis, they should probably take a good hard look at their gameplay.
Do you heal? I find this frustrating because I solo queue a lot, and getting 8 medals as a healer on a losing team is a pain. And for the record, solo queuing on the imp side leads to losing a lot.

As a healer you get 3 given medals. (If you're decently geared). 2.5k heal, 5k heal, and 75k healing. Past those medals, you become completely team dependent on getting more. If you're not on a good team, there's not much you can do. So yes, I find voting for those players a minor courtesy.
Dragon

bsbrad
03.20.2013 , 05:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIord View Post
Do you heal? I find this frustrating because I solo queue a lot, and getting 8 medals as a healer on a losing team is a pain. And for the record, solo queuing on the imp side leads to losing a lot.

As a healer you get 3 given medals. (If you're decently geared). 2.5k heal, 5k heal, and 75k healing. Past those medals, you become completely team dependent on getting more. If you're not on a good team, there's not much you can do. So yes, I find voting for those players a minor courtesy.
People think we like running around like headless chickens getting lightsaber burns on the backside
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

JenseitsvonBose
03.20.2013 , 06:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIord View Post
Do you heal?
Yes.

Quote:
I find this frustrating because I solo queue a lot, and getting 8 medals as a healer on a losing team is a pain. And for the record, solo queuing on the imp side leads to losing a lot.

That's why I made the disclaimer regarding circumstance. If you're on a team that's poorly geared, up against a team that's not, bad things happen; people go from 100% - 0 before you can get a cast off, don't live the full 20 seconds for HOTs to really count for anything, etc. Heck, I've been in matches where healers are left to solo guard nodes. But I find that those matches are somewhat rare, at least pub-side. Besides, every other role is team-dependent as well, it's not a factor exclusive to healers.

In a typical match, 300k heals should also be a given. Killing blow medal is pretty much a given. I'd think that 2.5k dmg single blow would be, too, but I don't have a sage so I can't speak for that class. So that's six. As Shepard mentioned, there're also the kill medals we receive (provided the team manages to kill something). With medals at 10 and 25 kills, that right there makes eight medals. Then, in addition, you've got attacker and defender medals that you get pretty much just for being at an objective. Plus the free medals if your team wins. Etc. etc. etc.

TL;DR: healers don't have it any worse than any other class, provided you don't mind spending one warzone after another with a target on your head.

* I should also add that I'm talking about the 50s bracket. Lowbie pvp is another story altogether.
Jenseitsvonbose | Gunsmoke | Mcroyal
Shortbus - Resident Tendon Blaster - "What's a CC?"

DarkIord
03.20.2013 , 06:52 PM | #19
300k healing isn't a given. Especially when focused on a losing team. Killing blows comes from hoping to get a last shot on an enemy, one you didn't burn down yourself, so yes it may be an easier medal but I would hardly call it given. The 10 to 25 kill medals are again, based on your team (10 kills not to bad). Lastly, 2.5k damage? Maybe for your class, but I have to be lucky to get that damage on mine. (Almost full elite merc) .

I look at it this way. Tanks are handed medals for popping guard and taunts. I don't think anyone would argue that. Dps are given more room to apply themselves to different medal pools. Damage, kills, solo kills, taunts, hits. etc. Basically, they have a much wider array of medals that apply to them. Quite frankly, I feel healers do not. Though I wish there was a time spent cc'd medal and damage taken medal . Maybe you have it much kinder on the pub side, but I'm basing this off my experience.
Dragon

ogclutchbossman
03.20.2013 , 10:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JenseitsvonBose View Post
Yes.

That's why I made the disclaimer regarding circumstance. If you're on a team that's poorly geared, up against a team that's not, bad things happen; people go from 100% - 0 before you can get a cast off, don't live the full 20 seconds for HOTs to really count for anything, etc. Heck, I've been in matches where healers are left to solo guard nodes. But I find that those matches are somewhat rare, at least pub-side. Besides, every other role is team-dependent as well, it's not a factor exclusive to healers.

In a typical match, 300k heals should also be a given. Killing blow medal is pretty much a given. I'd think that 2.5k dmg single blow would be, too, but I don't have a sage so I can't speak for that class. So that's six. As Shepard mentioned, there're also the kill medals we receive (provided the team manages to kill something). With medals at 10 and 25 kills, that right there makes eight medals. Then, in addition, you've got attacker and defender medals that you get pretty much just for being at an objective. Plus the free medals if your team wins. Etc. etc. etc.

TL;DR: healers don't have it any worse than any other class, provided you don't mind spending one warzone after another with a target on your head.

* I should also add that I'm talking about the 50s bracket. Lowbie pvp is another story altogether.
If your a commando you can also throw a sticky grenade and wait right before it goes off then use your stock strike to get the 5k damage medal if both crit. At least that works for me as a healer