Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Health as a Main Factor in Team Placement?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Health as a Main Factor in Team Placement?

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
03.19.2013 , 05:09 PM | #1
For anyone who PUG's and gets on teams where more then half the members have 13k-16k and the opposing team is 19k plus, would it be safe to assume that health doesn't factor into 50's PVP team placement?

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
03.19.2013 , 05:10 PM | #2
Health is less important in WZ then PvE. Using full PvP gear (recruit, WH, EWH) you have less HP then someone in equal PvE gear yet you are more effective so hopefully HP isn't a factor

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
03.19.2013 , 06:22 PM | #3
you're implying they have any matchmaking algorithm in place

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
03.20.2013 , 11:10 AM | #4
Well despite gear type and character class next time you are in a war zone do a quick tally of the players on your team that have under 16k. Then when the match begins take notice of the health the other team has. If you find your team is getting rolled and the other team is averaging 20k+. You will might want to question why the teams were matched up in the first place because the lower health team never really had a chance.

Sigred's Avatar


Sigred
03.20.2013 , 11:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
you're implying they have any matchmaking algorithm in place
^This.
Sigred SÝgrunn
<Lethal Dose Fifty> Pot5

glocklB's Avatar


glocklB
03.20.2013 , 11:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Well despite gear type and character class next time you are in a war zone do a quick tally of the players on your team that have under 16k. Then when the match begins take notice of the health the other team has. If you find your team is getting rolled and the other team is averaging 20k+. You will might want to question why the teams were matched up in the first place because the lower health team never really had a chance.
so 8 tanks in tank gear should probably faceroll everyone?
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

LordAragore's Avatar


LordAragore
03.20.2013 , 12:25 PM | #7
I think that what he's implying is that health is a fairly good indicator of gear in a WZ. You can expect if your team is loaded with 14k players, that they're in recruit gear, and your chances of winning are slim. You can also assume that ~18-20k is your base WH players and your chances are better. Just my humble opinion
G˘re Lvl 55 Immortal Juggernaut - Aewinn Lvl 55 Infiltration Shadow - Afflictia Lvl 50 Corruption Sorceror - Ăragore Lvl 40+ Shield Spec Vanguard - The Diabolos Legacy

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
03.20.2013 , 12:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
so 8 tanks in tank gear should probably faceroll everyone?
That's not what the OP is implying. HP is an indicator of the quality of the gear. Recruit is around 14.5K hp for non-tanks. Fully augmented WH or EWH (or mix) is around 19.5K hp for non-tanks. Damage, critic, surge, etc... are impacted by the quality of the gear, but just by viewing hp, you have a rough estimate of the ally or enemy quality of the gear.

glocklB's Avatar


glocklB
03.20.2013 , 12:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
That's not what the OP is implying. HP is an indicator of the quality of the gear. Recruit is around 14.5K hp for non-tanks. Fully augmented WH or EWH (or mix) is around 19.5K hp for non-tanks. Damage, critic, surge, etc... are impacted by the quality of the gear, but just by viewing hp, you have a rough estimate of the ally or enemy quality of the gear.
Sure. But still it's rough estimate. I can't count how many times i was disappointed after inspecting 20k players. Of course if you see 15k player there is no way he's WH geared so he's whether recruit or even worse, but 19-20k does not yet mean that you see a WH-EWH geared player (it might be full pve which is worse then 15k pvp geared player imo).
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage