Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MotorCityMan
03.20.2013 , 12:31 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RougeBeaver View Post

However, most everyone will tell you the same thing; if you want people to stay, stop sucking (not you specifically, but everyone as a whole.) This is how things are, if people stopped being goons and played better we'd see far less intentional quitting. It's not right to force people to humiliate themselves in a meaningless battle where their teammates are running about like beheaded chickens.

Not to mention having to face a team with hackers. Who is supposed to stick around for that? Forced to play with a bunch of cheaters? No thanks.

DariusCalera
03.20.2013 , 12:57 AM | #22
I would rather have someone quit and leave than quit and stay.

The person that quits and stays is more of a detriment to the team than the person that leaves. At least with the person that leaves there is a chance that we could get a better player.

I've said it before in other threads, I don't hold anything against those that decide to leave a WZ. Everyone has a different level of tolerance for aggravation and if that level gets reached and the WZ stops being fun for them they can go ahead and leave.

Kratix
03.20.2013 , 02:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bayareajoe View Post
That's exactly the point. You don't see football players all giving up after the first field goal. Or baseball players giving up the minute the other team gets a run in.
Maybe the millions upon millions that they get paid are why they stay and take a beating..... No, on second thought, I'm sure it's because they're all team players.

Anyway, get good, get friends, or get over it. Penalizing people for playing a game is rediculous.
"It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be."
- Virgil

TimeBandit_Debel
03.20.2013 , 05:26 AM | #24
Guess its time for popcorn
You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a Millionaire

dalin
03.20.2013 , 06:04 AM | #25
Players will do what they want to do. You can't really stop it. If they put in a lockout for leaving, they would stay in and go afk at a node. Or they'd still leave and jump on a alt and work on that toons daily. Again, players will do what they want. You can't stop it.
TEH:

<Jensaarai>

Felora

<Anathema>

Vibro/Alash

Caeliux
03.20.2013 , 06:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dalin View Post
Players will do what they want to do. You can't really stop it. If they put in a lockout for leaving, they would stay in and go afk at a node. Or they'd still leave and jump on a alt and work on that toons daily. Again, players will do what they want. You can't stop it.
Bioware could implement a deserter buff to those that quit, then it would punish and give a lesson.

If those kids decide to AFK, then they can be kicked and get a buff as well.

There is always a punishment for those people, its up to Bioware to pull the trigger on the problems that exist with people leaving warzones.

At the moment PVP is sloppy and games are ruined over rage quitters, not to mention tons of backfill games players have to deal with logging into every single day.

I don't know about you but I am sick of spending my time queuing into backfill games due to quitters.

Come to the Bastion, where 8-10 games are backfill games and losed due to quitters, if a full game is played with that same 8 people its a miracle.

Twin
03.20.2013 , 06:33 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bayareajoe View Post
That's exactly the point. You don't see football players all giving up after the first field goal. Or baseball players giving up the minute the other team gets a run in.
You don't see football players run around barefoot trying to play bowling towards your own goal either. And IF you saw a football game where 5 out of 8 players in a team simply had no clue how to play or gear to wear...how long do you think it would take until we saw those 3 decent players give up and quit the team? 1 match, 3? Would you really blame them if they are there to play for fun?

Why is it that the ppl leaving are the root of all evil, and not the actual reasons?

I'll welcome a Deserter Debuff when;

1. I can queue an entire team so that im sure everyone will do their best...or
1b. Pug players also gets a debuff when not properly geared, not calling incs, leaving a node unguarded or otherwise generally failing to contribute basic teamplay.
2. I can chose what warzone to enter.
3. There is a graceperiod for DC, so that i can reconnect to the game if i crash or lose uplink.

I think that being able to chose your warzone is the most contributing factor why ppl leave, myself included. I mean why the heck should i be forced to play potentially warzone after warzone that i don't find entertaining?
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Katszc
03.20.2013 , 06:35 AM | #28
Hmm.

I don't quit often, I think 2 times ever since I started, excluding the times when a friend of mine didn't take the pop so I leave about a minute before match actually starts.

But leaving a quitters debuff would only cause troubles in many ways, no queue pops eventually, or players just AFK or act like morons until match ends.

Also, if YOU alone, or maybe 1 or 2 more in your team does the work, the others are off doing 1 v 1's or something, leaving doors/pylons/nodes unguarded when they went there to take it at the start.
I usually don't leave even if above happens, but it has happened, it depends how bad it is.
I don't mind working harder if my team actually puts in the effort and tries, but if 3-4 of them do their own thing, not paying attention to their environment nor the chat, that's when I call it quits.

Call me a sore loser or anything really, idc, I'm never gonna work hard for a team that doesn't even try, I'll eat that quitters debuff and watch some anime or something instead.
Katszc - The Other Guys - Shadow
Tojiko - Hakuna Matat„ - Scoundrel
«rowberry - Hakuna Matat„ - Sage

skotish
03.20.2013 , 06:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Bioware could implement a deserter buff to those that quit, then it would punish and give a lesson.

If those kids decide to AFK, then they can be kicked and get a buff as well.

There is always a punishment for those people, its up to Bioware to pull the trigger on the problems that exist with people leaving warzones.

At the moment PVP is sloppy and games are ruined over rage quitters, not to mention tons of backfill games players have to deal with logging into every single day.

I don't know about you but I am sick of spending my time queuing into backfill games due to quitters.

Come to the Bastion, where 8-10 games are backfill games and losed due to quitters, if a full game is played with that same 8 people its a miracle.
Should see them quit now there,s so many more fresh 50,s after the double xp weekend I have my Wh mainhand and 3 other parts all auged with 16k + and they still leave even though am a powertech lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Cretinus
03.20.2013 , 07:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhisattvasw View Post
Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.
A quitter CD would be fine if we had separate brackets for premades and casuals, which we haven't. I don't want to be forced to be farmed by premades only in order to avoid a quitter CD.