Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
03.27.2013 , 09:08 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
If you leave a PVP match early then you are gimping your team and therefore need to have some kind of consequence for that action. 'Nuff said.
If that was true then there should be a debuff for sucking at the game. Finish bottom 3? No warzones for you for 30 minutes until you learn not to suck.

Anyway, forcing people to stay in a match does not benefit you - they will just AFK on the node.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.27.2013 , 09:17 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
Exactly which is why, sorry to say it, but leaving and disconnecting should get the same treatment. The debuff should also count down while you are disconnected so that the people who legitimately get disconnected aren't suffering as harshly as the people who are leaving through other means.
I disagree dude. I hate quitters too, but penalizing them would actually penalize legit players even more in the long run, by encouraging behavior that ends any given match as quickly as possible.

Seldom do I leave a WZ, but I have no problem dropping when someone in my party doesn't get in. That's the fault of the game, not the player, and I won't spend 15min doing worthless crap just because I'm a good guy...I play this game to play with my friends. If they miss a queue because they ran to the bathroom or a RL issue comes up, I don't fault them...this is just a game. If you fail to comprehend that, I suggest you stick with 8-man rateds. Playing unranked WZ's is like playing Blackjack at the $5 table and getting upset when someone takes a hit when the dealer has a 6 showing. If you take your gaming so seriously, move to the big boy table.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
03.27.2013 , 09:21 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
If that was true then there should be a debuff for sucking at the game. Finish bottom 3? No warzones for you for 30 minutes until you learn not to suck.

Anyway, forcing people to stay in a match does not benefit you - they will just AFK on the node.
Which is why they need to get kicked from the WZ for being AFK, did you miss that post of mine?
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
03.27.2013 , 09:24 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I disagree dude. I hate quitters too, but penalizing them would actually penalize legit players even more in the long run, by encouraging behavior that ends any given match as quickly as possible.

Seldom do I leave a WZ, but I have no problem dropping when someone in my party doesn't get in. That's the fault of the game, not the player, and I won't spend 15min doing worthless crap just because I'm a good guy...I play this game to play with my friends. If they miss a queue because they ran to the bathroom or a RL issue comes up, I don't fault them...this is just a game. If you fail to comprehend that, I suggest you stick with 8-man rateds. Playing unranked WZ's is like playing Blackjack at the $5 table and getting upset when someone takes a hit when the dealer has a 6 showing. If you take your gaming so seriously, move to the big boy table.
When you quit for any reason it shouldn't matter. You should get a debuff. I also support removing group queues from unranked. Which would go a long way toward removing the quitters b/c then we wouldn't be running into Pre-Mades, or Double Pre-mades every other match.

*EDIT* Also I wanted to add, that if you are in a pre-made you have no right to QQ about quitters if you quit b/c someone didn't get in the queue. You know when someone in your group is AFK, don't accept the Queue until they come back, and you won't enter the WZ and won't get a quitters debuff. Also don't queue until everyone is ready and that will eliminate these issues.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.27.2013 , 09:26 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
When you quit for any reason it shouldn't matter. You should get a debuff. I also support removing group queues from unranked. Which would go a long way toward removing the quitters b/c then we wouldn't be running into Pre-Mades, or Double Pre-mades every other match.
Ahhhhhhh!!! The actual crusade seems to be removing "premades" huh? Now I get it.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Kubernetic's Avatar


Kubernetic
03.27.2013 , 09:30 AM | #276
Fix the problem without hurting anyone.

If a player quits a warzone, freeze a player on the opposite team until a new player backfills and brings the match back to 8v8 parity.

Problem solved.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
03.27.2013 , 09:31 AM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Ahhhhhhh!!! The actual crusade seems to be removing "premades" huh? Now I get it.
Pre-made groups do ruin the unranked PVP experience. If you want to group up then you should nut up, get 4 more, and join ranked, instead of roflstomping Recruits. Oh wait, you don't want to win a challenge you want a guaranteed win right? But regardless you seem to fail to see that you brought up pre-mades not me. I just responded to your comment in the appropriate manner.

*EDIT* I personally wouldn't have a problem with Pre-mades IF the WZ group sizes where bigger similar to the BGs in WOW. 1 Premade, or even 2 of them wouldn't create such a huge problem if the group consisted of 5+ groups on each side. But to say that in this game where 4 people grouped together are half the size of the WZ group, having worked together, and having communication other than chat, isn't OP is just rediculous.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Caeliux's Avatar


Caeliux
03.27.2013 , 09:36 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by danielearley View Post
I love the comments about back filling into a losing team!
Like it's the quitters fault their losing, erm I think the case is that the Team is losing because the majority of team doesn't know how to play, which is why you have quitters. People can only take so much.

The basic argument that quitters are destroying WZ is wrong, bad players is what destroys a WZ......
Here we go its the whole its everyone elses fault excuse, and it should give everyone to quit a warzone ticket.

I know you say you don't quit, but you sure think its gives a reason which to me don't get the big picture that quitting provides backfill and not to mention people just leave other people with a mess of a warzone.

That is called unsportsmanlike.

Quitting over other people means people don't have the spine and can't hack it in PvP, making excuses means no skill and no class.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.27.2013 , 09:38 AM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
Pre-made groups do ruin the unranked PVP experience. If you want to group up then you should nut up, get 4 more, and join ranked, instead of roflstomping Recruits. Oh wait, you don't want to win a challenge you want a guaranteed win right? But regardless you seem to fail to see that you brought up pre-mades not me. I just responded to your comment in the appropriate manner.
Bad players ruin the unranked experience, not premades. My main is a Commando dude, I don't roflstomp anything.

I'd rather have whiners quit, without any penalty, than to ruin the experience for everyone by sabotaging a match.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Dawncatcher's Avatar


Dawncatcher
03.27.2013 , 09:41 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
No. There needs to be some kind of consequence for leaving a WZ. I am a father of three, and I wouldn't care about a debuff if my family needed me. Other games have these debuffs, WOW, RIFT, heck just about every other MMO has these debuffs. If you leave a PVP match early then you are gimping your team and therefore need to have some kind of consequence for that action. 'Nuff said.
Of course you wouldn't care about the debuff if your family needed you. Anyone who would care is probably suffering from gaming addiction.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...s-apart/nNGCh/

Neither would I. But if the debuff was half an hour or an hour or longer, just because my family needed a couple minutes of my time, I would not care to the point that I wouldn't bother doing warzones. And then I would stop subscribing, since being able to do more than 3 warzones a week is the sole point of my subscription. And then Bioware wouldn't see any more money from me. I could go back to another game with big open map PvP and no debuffs what-so-ever if you go AFK, log out, or only play with one hand because the other is holding the phone.

Any debuff longer than about 5 minutes *tops* (but preferably closer to one or two minutes) would only serve to encourage the sort of addictive behavior that causes some families to tear apart over gaming, and will lose Bioware business from non-addicted family people.