Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

funkiestj
03.26.2013 , 04:37 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Just remove side speeders, and CW will be fine.
having all 3 nodes go neutral periodically is a better idea IMO. I don't remember who originally proposed this.

ON TOPIC: as I said before, quitter debuff's goal is to coerce someone into playing a WZ they don't want to play. Better is to improve match scheduling so they get put in more WZs where they don't want to quit.

Also, give some freaking medals to people who back fill. E.g. 4 medals simply for joining an in progress match. I almost never quit a WZ that I join at the start but I quit all the time when I am back filled into a hopeless WZ with no prospect of getting a decent ROI on my time in terms of commendations.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DarkSaberMaster
03.26.2013 , 04:39 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Too bad. EAware has spoken. Move along.
What this guy said.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff

DarkSaberMaster
03.26.2013 , 04:41 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Also, give some freaking medals to people who back fill. E.g. 4 medals simply for joining an in progress match.
And what this guy said.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff

Caeliux
03.26.2013 , 04:47 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Also, give some freaking medals to people who back fill. E.g. 4 medals simply for joining an in progress match. I almost never quit a WZ that I join at the start but I quit all the time when I am back filled into a hopeless WZ with no prospect of getting a decent ROI on my time in terms of commendations.
The things backfill have to put up with is not fun and a waste of time alot of the time. The fingers on my hand count how many games I have actually backfilled and won, and its not alot.

Terms of coms and metals sure they would be a nice token, and I remember saying once a few people leave just end the game which to me sounds like a bad idea now as I think about it.

I can't help to notice talking around the main issue which is warzone quitters, and it seems most people even Bioware themselves want to beat around the bush and blame the game rather than the quitter themselves.

Making people happy and ducking the main issue prolongs the real problem, I happen to be a person that thinks drastic moves provides instant results.

Bioware don't seem to be that kinda game which makes drastic moves, oh wait they took Illum away as soon as people cried about it.

So who knows..

WorldSecurities
03.26.2013 , 11:15 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
You know what would be pure chaos? Have both side speeders turned on for both teams all the time. Mwahaha!!

Maybe just for a couple days so we can try it? Please?
+1

Best combat challenges were defending/holding off waves of enemies (yes it was bugged .. or maybe a cagey dev test?), or fighting through waves of enemies to take a node. Outcome of both matches wasn't certain until the very end.

schooch
03.26.2013 , 11:28 PM | #256
This is why there should not be a quitter debuff.....http://imgur.com/6fHBMxL

/endthread
Markoss-Commando medic

Nellsterzzz
03.26.2013 , 11:30 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhisattvasw View Post
Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.
Easy, because someone who quits out of frustration from a terrible team shouldn't be punished. That simple.

PS usually any smart player who quits does so with good reason. If you cycled through 9 people its obvious you didn't have the greatest team and were getting your butts handed to you.

Groncho
03.27.2013 , 12:29 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by RobHinkle View Post
Hey Gang,

I would just like to pop in here and offer some of our perspective on this topic. A lot of good points on both sides have been thrown around here, and extending our current vote kick penalty (or something similar to it) to players who opt to leave the Warzone is definitely something that we discuss. However, at this time we feel like the negative consequences of putting in such a system (such as hurting players who crash out of a Warzone) don't overcome the potential gain. With healthy Warzone queues, players will backfill into a game relatively quickly (side note: we are receptive to the complaints that you can get back filled into a really terrible position, that is something I want to try to address), and even if we prevented people from requeueing that doesn't necessarily stop them from leaving or going AFK at a point.

All of that being said, I do think the Civil War Warzone specifically has some issues that really shines a bright light on reasons people would leave. Inherently, CW is the Warzone that has the hardest time for a team to come from behind and that leads to a higher percentage of players to give up once they feel like the game is lost (and that feeling can occur very early into a game). My team and I are working to try to come with some solutions to this CW issue specifically, to see if we can improve the general Warzone itself and fight some of this problem at the root cause instead of the effect.
GIve us more Wz's
Ch
LATIN LOVER

shefflad
03.27.2013 , 05:00 AM | #259
Why not reverse the side speeders so the attacking team as them. This will make it more likely that the side nodes can be recapped . As it is now once a team as both side nodes it nearly impossible to retake them with them having the side speeders and the attackers having to run from the central one.

danielearley
03.27.2013 , 07:27 AM | #260
I love the comments about back filling into a losing team!
Like it's the quitters fault their losing, erm I think the case is that the Team is losing because the majority of team doesn't know how to play, which is why you have quitters. People can only take so much.

They need a personal ranking system, so those who can't play get ranked with others that can't play, so they can eventually learn to play, without being ra***d by those that can play.

Or give a quitters debuff, because we should be increasing the stress in peoples lives.

I've never quit but I have shouted at my computer, cos a WZ is full of dumb ar**s

To those of you who think your game has been lost because someone has quit, please look at what everyone in your team is doing wrong. Maybe give them pointers on how they could play better. I try to do this, but it would seem that some people have no hope!

No i'm not the best player, probably average. But I understand the basic's of wining in a WZ that seems to elude a lot of players.

The basic argument that quitters are destroying WZ is wrong, bad players is what destroys a WZ......