Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

comeonucrazyguy
03.26.2013 , 01:27 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by MoSam View Post
Huh? When did i exactly said i leave? I suppose your magic ball told you this, right?

I am of the opinion, in case i didn't make that clear, that as long as the game has such grave balancing issues as the current smashing, i can understand people leaving warzones, and i know of even organized quitting because of that.

If you consider the current smashing tree a non issue and totally balanced and fair gameplay, as i assume from your "the other team is just bettter", please make that point and argue for that, i am interested to listen, as i don't think so. If you think thats imbalanced but still no excuse to quit of any way, its a fair point to make.

If you have no points to make but just toss around some belittling statements, please troll elsewhere.
Right, you are condoning the behavior this thread is trying to address because you think the game's not fair. We all read it, we all got it. Thanks for your contribution.
Constant Rage Begeren
Ki'Korro - Rager Chassim - Meatbag
Mhaze - Stun Lock Nightmare PewJobu - Healer TB

Pistols-GS
03.26.2013 , 01:29 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by comeonucrazyguy View Post
Right, you are condoning the behavior this thread is trying to address
It can't be addressed, when will you finally understand this lol?
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

comeonucrazyguy
03.26.2013 , 01:31 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Dang, woke the troll.
Constant Rage Begeren
Ki'Korro - Rager Chassim - Meatbag
Mhaze - Stun Lock Nightmare PewJobu - Healer TB

Pistols-GS
03.26.2013 , 01:33 PM | #244
Dang, woke the troll.
Question avoidance over 9,000.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Muushie
03.26.2013 , 01:35 PM | #245
Fix a expertise check AND or better matchmaking before making this.

So many warzones left because people think their rakata is so imba

Caeliux
03.26.2013 , 02:00 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
It can and it should be addresed,

Dev said something about Civil War and blames people leaving over the map, what they fail to realize is people leave over self absorbed opinions and do it in a unsportsmanlike way.

Every map has quitters, not understanding quitters are going to quit for whatever reason is not paying attention and has no idea how bad it is.

Bioware wants civil interaction with the core subs they have, and they don't want to piss of anyone in the process of making tons of money.

Saying that they are completely ignoring the real concept of the game, and that is people quitting and wasting other peoples time in the process.

I find it to be game breaking when quitters dictate games and each game can't be won unless your team has a fighting spirit about it.

Backfill or not its a tough situation dealing with people quitting.

I even play in premades and people still quit in winnable games, dead serious.

I like to think some point they will bite the bullet and put a system in where quitters are punished in some form of fashion, will it be what I want no and I accept that.

Something needs implemented and it can't be ignored.

Right, you are condoning the behavior this thread is trying to address because you think the game's not fair.
That is 90% of this thread, a slight 3% is me and the others that don't condone a quitter excuse.

The other 7% really don't care to comment and do as they please either way.

Amazing isn't it.

sanchito
03.26.2013 , 03:20 PM | #247
Caeliux, i'm kinda on your side on this issue, sometimes, especially during the days before the weekly reset, it's almost impossible to pug because either you get backfilled into a lost warzone, or half the team leaves within the first couple of minutes making the warzone suck for those who chose to not quit as well as those who backfill.

However, in my humble opinion, most pepole leave warzones not because they are *****, but because of unbalanced games, and you are completely ignoring the most obvious solution to the problem, that is having less unbalanced games so people have less reason to leave. In the current state of warzones, i honestly believe implementing a quitter penalty makes no sense without tackling the quality of matchmaking at the same time.

If this is improved to a point where let's say 75% of the games are somewhat competitive, then implementing a quitter debuff could be effective, but right now it would just piss people off and make them play a different game, and that is absolutely not in our best interest.

TL/DR improve matchmaking, THEN implement a quitter debuff

Caeliux
03.26.2013 , 03:41 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
TL/DR improve matchmaking, THEN implement a quitter debuff
I don't disagree at all with this man, and I think cross servers should be added.

If Bioware really wanted to they could merge in more servers, add cross servers, then add punishment to those that quit.

Games would not feel the effect and the queue times would'nt be affected, only thing that would get affected are people's feelings over not controlling a game by quitting lol.

It really is that simple, problem is Bioware is so scared too lose more people, therefore why the trigger isn't geting pulled with rules and instead want to blame the way the maps on the warzones are.

Fact is that way of thinking isn't rational when thinking about controlling your game, the game needs some issues addressed by after all its not as bad as most make it out to be.

Sure classes need balance, sure people cry about premades, but this is a mmo and this mmo needs to be treated like one instead catering to these unhappy people which are always unhappy about something.

I hope Bioware steps it up with some rules instead of trying to change the way the game is first, I have a feeling that won't be the case if ever.

Raptvre
03.26.2013 , 03:42 PM | #249
People leave war zones because they feel like they have no chance of winning. Implement individual rating system and match equally skilled players against each other and these things will work themselves out.

Caeliux
03.26.2013 , 03:51 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Raptvre View Post
People leave war zones because they feel like they have no chance of winning. Implement individual rating system and match equally skilled players against each other and these things will work themselves out.
I mean bolster is something being provided and even more soon, and if we are talking about endgame level 50 and soon to be 55 then yea a match making system would be amazing and should be something thought about.

Nobody likes geting steamed rolled by a well oiled machine, I actually like facing the best to see where my guilds stands vs it as a test but some guilds have too much pride for that.

Cross servers would help that in my opinion and would help faster queues where rated play would happen alot faster.

I mean tons of good ideas could be addressed and added, hell even a Arena style would attract and steer this game into a great place for PVP, I mean tons of people would play it and like that style.

My 2 pennies.