Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caeliux
03.21.2013 , 01:02 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Leaving a warzone is an option that should always be available. A quitter's debuff is ridiculous.
You know what is ridiculous, rage quitters that leave a mess for others to clean up.

People want instant gratification with a "I leave button", and I want consequences for clicking it.

I think they should add lets say 3 times for free you can leave, after that you get a penalty, you should only be aloud to screw everyone else's time up a few times.

PhilD
03.21.2013 , 01:18 PM | #112
The person leaving is rarely the person who made the mess.

You may want to speak to someone about control issues, though.
The Finglonger Legacy

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 01:22 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Pretty sure when defending a pylon and getting defender points, you cannot be kicked. And even if it did, players would shoot once, get into combat, and then troll you. I don't disagree it's an issue, but there are plenty of instances where backfillers have helped the team compared to those that left; and vice versa, it's hard not to leave a WZ, when bads geared in greens or just absolutely do not pay attention to chat/objectives, continue to make the 15 minutes or so a colossal waste of someone elses time. It goes both ways, therefore IMO it's a moot issue.

Lastly, I'll let my agent Caeliux answer any other questions you may have, he's a Sith Lord and understands the basics more than I.
Completely agree. As much as I'd like it some days, it would create even more issues with complete sabotage from people upset they need to waste the next 15min with you.

We also have the issue of disconnects and loading screens screwing up queues. I play to be with my friends - if they don't get in, I have no issue leaving to re-join them. "Usually", I don't because we all understand the problem that creates...but I have and I will in the future when something happens beyond our control.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 01:24 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
I think they should add lets say 3 times for free you can leave, after that you get a penalty, you should only be aloud to screw everyone else's time up a few times.
I would actually be ok with a 3-strike limit. Decent compromise.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Zorash
03.21.2013 , 01:38 PM | #115
Personally, I don't want a WZ quitters cooldown or any negative system of the sort. Think about it, if those 4 people didn't quit the wz, you will have 4 AFKers instead. At least with 4 people leaving you can get people in the match who will make an effort to win. I have been in a ton of WZs, where quite a few people quit the WZ, yet we came back and won.

The only thing I would want is for a WZ to just close down instead of constantly filling in new people if people are just constantly leaving. I have been in WZs where the other team is just slaughtering us, so by the end of the match 10+ people have left on our team making it impossible to win because you constantly have a team of 5-6 people, since people are leaving faster than they are joining.

Caeliux
03.21.2013 , 02:51 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorash View Post
Personally, I don't want a WZ quitters cooldown or any negative system of the sort. Think about it, if those 4 people didn't quit the wz, you will have 4 AFKers instead
You mean 4 children that scream in general chat and call people names blaming everyone but themselves?

Well that already is happening without a deserter buff, least with punishment they could go into a timeout phase and think about the next time they act like a little baby.

Catch my drift?

Rules applied means people would need to follow them, no excuse mentally beats and cry baby mentally any day.

Trust me I raise a kid and know how to parent, Bioware needs to take lessons..

DariusCalera
03.21.2013 , 02:59 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
You mean 4 children that scream in general chat and call people names blaming everyone but themselves?

Well that already is happening without a deserter buff, least with punishment they could go into a timeout phase and think about the next time they act like a little baby.
Ok, I have to ask, but do you know what AFK means?

I ask because whenever someone uses it in an argument you responses don't seem to fit it's definition.

LanceCorporalDan
03.21.2013 , 03:44 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
And if you truly wholeheartedly hated, say Voidstar. Would you also gladly take a 10-15min debuff for leaving, or would you deem it fair to be forced to play something that you dislike so strongly?

What if you load in slowly and dont have a chance to leave the spawn before kickout?

What if you enter as backfiller for someone else who did leave?

What if your entire team gave up and you're the only one that keeps going?

Etc.

EDIT: My scenarios that you quoted, i made those in response to the post i quoted -to show that you can't really compare RL "football" with pvp...and even if you do there are things that allows you to quit the game without punishments whatsoever - one of them being if your entire team is doing something else rather then trying to score.
That is what comes with wz's and pug'ing it up. You take those risks. I admit it sucks to get the same wz's but that's how it is. Leaving a team handicapped by you leaving only makes hurts everyone else.

Quote:
What if you load in slowly and dont have a chance to leave the spawn before kickout?
Never had that happen, if so then I imagine your frame-rate in the wz will hinder you more, mabye even dc you. You might want to check it out. But never had it happen so /shrug.

Quote:
What if you enter as backfiller for someone else who did leave?
BW has already said they would be addressing this to help prevent such cases.

Quote:
What if your entire team gave up and you're the only one that keeps going?
Then keep going? I mean you can't win them all. If you have the motive to not quit in the wz I don't understand why you would leave. But like I said, that's what comes with pug'ing it up.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

PhilD
03.21.2013 , 04:26 PM | #119
Yeah, clearly dude does not know what AFK means. Also, if people are either quitting WZs on him all the time and/or raging at him in chat, it's entirely possible that he's not very good at PvP. Which would sorta make sense, and would be why he wants to force people to continue playing with him.

What he definitely doesn't seem to unnderstand is that everyone else's time and in-game experience is just as valuable to them as his is to him. If I'm trying to finish the weekly, and I get into a WZ where the outcome is fairly clear in the first two minutes - not a great back and forth like I played last night, but one where for mismatch reasons or whatever you're just clearly going to lose - then spending an additional 10-12 minutes in there is a complete waste of my time. And I can't say this clearly enough, my time is not yours to waste. Waste all of your own time that you want, stick around and get some medals, good for you! If I can get a more rewarding game experience by trying a different WZ, then that's what I'm going to do.

It says a lot that someone can sit here and decry getting raged at on ops chat in a WZ while resorting to repeated name calling in this thread. Calling anyone over the age of 3 a "little baby" stopped being a good tactic in maybe 4th grade.
The Finglonger Legacy

funkiestj
03.21.2013 , 04:37 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
Yeah, clearly dude does not know what AFK means. Also, if people are either quitting WZs on him all the time and/or raging at him in chat, it's entirely possible that he's not very good at PvP. Which would sorta make sense, and would be why he wants to force people to continue playing with him.
Some of my most enjoyable regular WZs have been turning around a match after several quitters left. I had one of these just last night. Addition by subtraction ...

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?