Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caeliux
03.21.2013 , 09:34 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Those that use the "Leave Warzone" option are, actually, following the rules of the game.
Leaving a warzone is not a rule, its a option, a costly egotistical option.

When that option is used, the other 7 people suffer and lose a player that could of helped won the game, not to mention a backfill player has to deal with it since that spot is open and vacant.

When you give a option for people to use for discretion, its gets abused, and believe me when I say people abuse the right to leave warzones and to let everyone else clean the mess they just left.

The rage quitters leave a mess of a warzone, and expect everyone else to clean that mess, not to mention blames everyone else but themselves why they left.

It's the old "I didn't do anything, everyone else is a bad, I pay a sub so I don't need to stay with bads".

"Those" people deserve a deserter buff, there is no excuse for that behavior.

I would be glad to take a deserter buff if I left a match like that, I deserve to get punished for my actions leaving others to deal with the match without my help, not to mention its rude allowing another person to log into that match I just left, I just wasted their time didn't I.

The selfish attitude people play with in this games is baffling and sicking.

PhilD
03.21.2013 , 09:44 AM | #102
"Grown men and women have to be forced to do something they don't enjoy doing, people who exercise a perfectly legitimate in-game option are bad people, everyone should play the way I want them to or get punished, and adults should all be treated like misbehaving children because I demand it" is, on the other hand, a perfectly healthy attitude.
The Finglonger Legacy

Kawabonga
03.21.2013 , 09:46 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
"Grown men and women have to be forced to do something they don't enjoy doing, people who exercise a perfectly legitimate in-game option are bad people, everyone should play the way I want them to or get punished, and adults should all be treated like misbehaving children because I demand it" is, on the other hand, a perfectly healthy attitude.
As is ignoring arguments that could potentially change his mind apparently

Natharon
03.21.2013 , 10:46 AM | #104
Why isn't there a bad players cooldown? Like if you are a healer/dps and put out less than 50k in your spec, you should have to sit out for 15 minutes and contemplate uninstalling.
♠THE NATHARON LEGACY♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WEAPONS OF WAR>

LanceCorporalDan
03.21.2013 , 11:44 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
So the only legit reason to quit a warzone or RL match is a 911 emergency?

So the next time my 2 year old wakes up crying in the night, and i happen to be in a WZ...ill just ignore her cries until i see that huttball game through! One day i'll explain about the quitter mentality to her, surely she'll understand!

Oh someone knocking at my door!? Pfft, nvm that. They will come back if it was something important!

Oh gawd, Novar Coast! I hate this warzone, never liked it at all.... Ohwell, ill need to see this through because this is not about me having fun, it's about teamspirit. My evening ending up with 6 Novar Coast out of 8 warzones is a small price to pay for that!

Damn my slow loadtime....but i totally deserve a debuff if the door shuts right before my nose and i can't make it out from spawn before the timer kicks me out. I should have known better!

Oi woman, go away! Can't you see im in the middle of Voidstar here!? -This is a totally correct way to handle if the wife storms in demanding help with something!

Oh man....must be something i ate, but i really gtg on the toilet right now...no wait, just like your kids playing a match ill just have to let it go where i am. Anything for that winner mentality! And obviously, if i or your kids would run off to the can, we should either get punished or a serious talksession about teamspirit!

I could go on with more super nice scenarios for awhile, but ill refrain and just be happy you're neither my parent, boss or trainer =)
Put simply,

I understand life happens. I've been there, we all have..

When I leave a wz I leave my entire team at a disadvantage for MY convinience/purpose. I would gladly take a bebuff to not que again for 10-15mins because of this.

Your scenarios aren't very supportive either.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Caeliux
03.21.2013 , 12:02 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Put simply,

When I leave a wz I leave my entire team at a disadvantage for MY convenience/purpose. I would gladly take a bebuff to not que again for 10-15mins because of this.
Well said and so would I.

Twin
03.21.2013 , 12:28 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Put simply,

When I leave a wz I leave my entire team at a disadvantage for MY convinience/purpose. I would gladly take a bebuff to not que again for 10-15mins because of this.

Your scenarios aren't very supportive either.
And if you truly wholeheartedly hated, say Voidstar. Would you also gladly take a 10-15min debuff for leaving, or would you deem it fair to be forced to play something that you dislike so strongly?

What if you load in slowly and dont have a chance to leave the spawn before kickout?

What if you enter as backfiller for someone else who did leave?

What if your entire team gave up and you're the only one that keeps going?

Etc.

EDIT: My scenarios that you quoted, i made those in response to the post i quoted -to show that you can't really compare RL "football" with pvp...and even if you do there are things that allows you to quit the game without punishments whatsoever - one of them being if your entire team is doing something else rather then trying to score.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

DarkSaberMaster
03.21.2013 , 12:44 PM | #108
And the OP's thread is entirely invalidated due to a simple graphical icon at the bottom right corner of the screen that, when hovered over, says, "Leave Warzone"

/thread
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

TheCourier-
03.21.2013 , 12:48 PM | #109
Leaving a warzone is an option that should always be available. A quitter's debuff is ridiculous.

PhilD
03.21.2013 , 12:51 PM | #110
We probably should get rid of the "Abandon Mission" button in the log, too. And "Reset," for that matter. You start it, you finish it, mister.
The Finglonger Legacy