Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bodhisattvasw
03.19.2013 , 04:32 PM | #1
Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.

Pistols-GS
03.19.2013 , 04:33 PM | #2
The reason being, players would simply AFK @ a node instead if this was put into game. Simple truth.

IB 27 pages of rebuttles.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

bodhisattvasw
03.19.2013 , 04:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
The reason being, players would simply AFK @ a node instead if this was put into game. Simple truth.

So they would be AFK kicked, and still have the cooldown.

ANY kick of a warzone should trigger a cooldown, regardless, and of course AFK checks should be automatic.. Rift essentially eliminated botters, quitters, and AFKers in their Scenarios, you'd think SWTOR would do the same thing. It can't be hard to add this.

Cycling NINE players in a single WZ is pathetic.

Pistols-GS
03.19.2013 , 04:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhisattvasw View Post
So they would be AFK kicked, and still have the cooldown.

ANY kick of a warzone should trigger a cooldown, regardless, and of course AFK checks should be automatic.. Rift essentially eliminated botters, quitters, and AFKers in their Scenarios, you'd think SWTOR would do the same thing. It can't be hard to add this.

Cycling NINE players in a single WZ is pathetic.
Pretty sure when defending a pylon and getting defender points, you cannot be kicked. And even if it did, players would shoot once, get into combat, and then troll you. I don't disagree it's an issue, but there are plenty of instances where backfillers have helped the team compared to those that left; and vice versa, it's hard not to leave a WZ, when bads geared in greens or just absolutely do not pay attention to chat/objectives, continue to make the 15 minutes or so a colossal waste of someone elses time. It goes both ways, therefore IMO it's a moot issue.

Lastly, I'll let my agent Caeliux answer any other questions you may have, he's a Sith Lord and understands the basics more than I.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

MidichIorian
03.19.2013 , 04:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post

Which in reality probably is better than losing people and having to play a guy down for the 30 secs it takes for a replacement to load the map and spawn, assuming that the system instantly finds a replacement. If you have a guy standing there, even if he's AFK it gives the enemies the impression that it's guarded. Not to mention that it's an extra target so that those who actually still are playing arent getting hammered.

And I know how some people like to claim that they're turning around numerous games with the help of replacements. They might turn around the few games in which someone drops in the first minute, probably because of other reasons than just "you suck and I'm quitting", but they're sure as hell not turning the "standard" quitter games where people don't start to drop until it's in practice impossible to turn the game. I'm talking about 500-250 on CW, 4-0 in Huttball, all doors lost in VS in 3 minutes etc.

Also, it's not like people arent camping nodes already when it's starting to look like a loss. Some even do it the second the enemy team gets two nodes on CW, even if the score's still 580-570. Those are the people we should eliminate from MM.

RougeBeaver
03.19.2013 , 04:52 PM | #6
There does exist sore losers who only want easy guaranteed wins they don't need to work for.

However, most everyone will tell you the same thing; if you want people to stay, stop sucking (not you specifically, but everyone as a whole.) This is how things are, if people stopped being goons and played better we'd see far less intentional quitting. It's not right to force people to humiliate themselves in a meaningless battle where their teammates are running about like beheaded chickens.

Even still, there'd be work arounds such as jumping on an alt. And if you suggest such a "quitter debuff" be a global thing then...sorry, no thanks.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

Master-Nala
03.19.2013 , 04:56 PM | #7
I only quit games I am backfilled into. I do not agree with adding a quitters penalty until I can tell the game I don't want to be backfilled.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Monterone
03.19.2013 , 04:59 PM | #8
They can't put it in because the matchmaking is terrible enough to infuriate people to the point of quitting. Gotta fix one thing before you can work on another.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Pistols-GS
03.19.2013 , 05:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
They can't put it in because the matchmaking is terrible enough to infuriate people to the point of quitting. Gotta fix one thing before you can work on another.
This indeed would be tremendous step.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

AdmiralOnasi
03.19.2013 , 05:03 PM | #10
Everytime this idea gets brought up on this forum the quitters zerg the thread about why they shouldn't be punished for hanging their teammates out to dry.