Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunnery Commandos lol

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gunnery Commandos lol

Kovaos
03.19.2013 , 10:54 AM | #1
This class is a joke. It's a much less useful/powerful version of a GS. I give props to the Gunnery Commandos that have stuck with the class. I took advantage of the double xp weekend to roll a Trooper, which I would have never done because of the horror stories I've heard about them. I'm doing alright in WZs, but probably mostly due to playing a GS and the play styles are similar.

In comparison of the two a GS has a ton more burst, survivability (mostly due to cover/hunker down), and something I don't see mentioned often is positioning. I just don't understand why this class has been ignored for so long. 2.0 is not going to change. If anything, the buff to sorcs/sages and snipers/gunslingers is going make this class much worse in WZs.

This toon will never be my main, but these guys need something in PvP.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

NoTomorrow
03.19.2013 , 11:06 AM | #2
I once died to a gunnery comando on my sniper. I felt humiliated.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Shadowsite
03.19.2013 , 11:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
This class is a joke. It's a much less useful/powerful version of a GS. I give props to the Gunnery Commandos that have stuck with the class. I took advantage of the double xp weekend to roll a Trooper, which I would have never done because of the horror stories I've heard about them. I'm doing alright in WZs, but probably mostly due to playing a GS and the play styles are similar.

In comparison of the two a GS has a ton more burst, survivability (mostly due to cover/hunker down), and something I don't see mentioned often is positioning. I just don't understand why this class has been ignored for so long. 2.0 is not going to change. If anything, the buff to sorcs/sages and snipers/gunslingers is going make this class much worse in WZs.

This toon will never be my main, but these guys need something in PvP.
And this dawned on you...when?
A man that hides isn't a coward, he is the smartest man alive.
A man that fights is not brave, he is foolish
A man that walks away is the strongest of them all

WaldoA
03.19.2013 , 11:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowsite View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
I took advantage of the double xp weekend to roll a Trooper
Sometime around there I guess.

Kovaos
03.19.2013 , 11:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
Sometime around there I guess.
Bingo
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Kovaos
03.19.2013 , 11:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowsite View Post
I had heard the stories and looked at their forums and that super long thread to help commandos/mercs but wanted to see for myself. The double xo weekend was a great opportunity to do this as I would never invest time into this class on a regular basis. This is especially true now.

For now, I'll get him to 50 during the double xp weekends then he is going on the shelf until the class is worth playing.

Riggz
03.19.2013 , 11:42 AM | #7
I did the same

My god bless their under powered useless class
Urdenot Level 65 Sorc
Urdonught Level 65 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Pistols-GS
03.19.2013 , 12:00 PM | #8
I rolled a Gunnery around March last year, geared him about 5 months ago, and PvP with him when bored.

I'll be honest, the damage output seems ok, but I feel for those who play them regularly as the utility just sucks.

In short, easiest class to shutdown ever lol, but fun to do in Regs when nobody is paying attention to you.

Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

cashogy_reborn
03.19.2013 , 12:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
I rolled a Gunnery around March last year, geared him about 5 months ago, and PvP with him when bored.

I'll be honest, the damage output seems ok, but I feel for those who play them regularly as the utility just sucks.

In short, easiest class to shutdown ever lol, but fun to do in Regs when nobody is paying attention to you.

this. damage output is great when you actually have a chance to pewpew.

but the spec has the longest wind-up time in the game (longer than TTK in almost every case) and is so vulnerable to interrupts that it doesnt take long before it is frustrating. if you just face a ton of bads youll do fine, but good players will eat you
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
03.19.2013 , 01:44 PM | #10
Thread title says it all really.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd