Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This is why PvP needs min expertise.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is why PvP needs min expertise.

Urantia's Avatar


Urantia
03.19.2013 , 08:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
There's nothing wrong with me not wanting people to know my username. Every screenshot I post I remove my name, it's not just in this case. Also, i'm not poking fun, they were intentionally trying to let the team down, I could care less whether their name shows or not, I chose not to care as it would involve more work to remove it.
Maybe next time you will grant her the same privacy you cherish. I will not debate why she was there in that state...I was not there. But there is a very finite list to draw upon. I prefer to believe they did it just to piss you off...as that has the most entertainment value. In my own humor I imagine you telling her to get some pvp gear...and they reply "**** off!". I know I would laugh if there....and it is not easy to make my emotionally limited *** laugh.
│║▌█║▌║
SQUADRON238

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.19.2013 , 08:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
There's nothing wrong with me not wanting people to know my username. Every screenshot I post I remove my name, it's not just in this case. Also, i'm not poking fun, they were intentionally trying to let the team down, I could care less whether their name shows or not, I chose not to care as it would involve more work to remove it.
The issue isn't that you removed your name. It's that you didn't remove anyone else's. If you took the time to remove yours you could have easily taken the time to remove theirs. Not only the person you called out but everyone else on your team in that warzone.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Ridickilis's Avatar


Ridickilis
03.19.2013 , 08:30 AM | #13
I agree with everyone else; you should have removed the person's name.

Anyway, this is why you have the leave warzone function and another good reason not to have any lockout timer debuff. That's what you should have done rather than naming and shaming on the forums.

skotish's Avatar


skotish
03.19.2013 , 08:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
The issue isn't that you removed your name. It's that you didn't remove anyone else's. If you took the time to remove yours you could have easily taken the time to remove theirs. Not only the person you called out but everyone else on your team in that warzone.
Their should be a min expertise in war zones period IMO
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Fearine's Avatar


Fearine
03.19.2013 , 08:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
There's nothing wrong with me not wanting people to know my username. Every screenshot I post I remove my name, it's not just in this case. Also, i'm not poking fun, they were intentionally trying to let the team down, I could care less whether their name shows or not, I chose not to care as it would involve more work to remove it.
Sounds fair...

http://imgur.com/cXEplmM
Bioware's famous metrics revealed:
Q: Someone told me his son (George Lukas) played the game.
Answer: (Bioware) Yeah I heard that too. A lot of us with teenage kids try to get them to explain things to us.

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.19.2013 , 08:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by skotish View Post
Their should be a min expertise in war zones period IMO
Which has what to do with the fact that the OP didn't take time to extend basic courtesy, at a minimum to his or her teammates?

New bolster is supposed to take care of minimum expertise.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

JackNader's Avatar


JackNader
03.19.2013 , 08:43 AM | #17
WOW! The worst I've seen is a zero expertise 10k HP player in greens. 5K has got to be a new record.

WaldoA's Avatar


WaldoA
03.19.2013 , 08:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Prove it.
Because you don't get 61 valor and social IV in that gear. Plus the fact that the things he/she was saying was made it so blatantly obvious that it wasn't even funny.

Like I've already said, what difference does me not removing anyone elses names? Their's 0 negative effect that it can have on them, as this thread is basically about someone trolling, I'm almost certain half of you are jumping on the bandwagon trying to get a rise out of me -or anyone else for that matter- which is making me cringe.

EDIT: Yep, this is PvP forums, most likely.

skotish's Avatar


skotish
03.19.2013 , 09:12 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Which has what to do with the fact that the OP didn't take time to extend basic courtesy, at a minimum to his or her teammates?

New bolster is supposed to take care of minimum expertise.
Who cares about the names I don't the op was right in highlighting this and everyone jumped him for something other than the topic at hand but tis the net
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Solarenergy's Avatar


Solarenergy
03.19.2013 , 09:34 AM | #20
The person is obviously just a troll, going in there to see what kind of reaction he will get and laughing at it. Some people get their kicks that way instead of actually playing the game, lol.