Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having other toons as companions

Saito_Hiraga
03.21.2013 , 10:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TexasMarine View Post
Legit idea. Would be realy cool if they could gain XP while acting as a comp. Even if it was a very small amount. any extra helps.
Sadly I think they would disagree on this, and I do it to somehow, because if I can lv up other characters like this I would go all the way to 50 like this and I'll miss all the enjoyment of playing trought the story with the other character.
I would enjoy this even if I get no XP for my imported companion.

Rulak
12.11.2013 , 12:13 PM | #12
+1

Best idea EVER!
------{{ RP-PVP }}--------
~Zarischa. Mandalorian jedi-hunter lvl 50
~Zin'quel. Fleetfooted sentinel lvl 12
~Ne'rique. Jedi shadow with a big mouth. lvl 13

Inafinus
12.11.2013 , 01:01 PM | #13
I thought of this too... +1 support!

Fevee
12.11.2013 , 01:25 PM | #14
This idea is even better than a "pet companion" idea I had.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fevee View Post
We have passive robots, animals, and model ships following us around on adventures. They don't run off during battle, they don't fade away during battle, they don't fight during battle. Plus there's already programming that allows humanoid NPCs to follow you around. So, just for the fun of it, I'd like to see a Companion pet.

The item starts off blank. When you deploy it for the first time, you're taken to a character creation screen to make it as though you were making a new character. Creation options can possibly have the same restrictions as you do. Or, since it's purely a vanity item, it can have unrestricted creation options. (Species, hair color, all that stuff you normally have to unlock for yourself.) Then, you get to name it. (Without having that pesky name restriction SWTOR has.) And it becomes deployable like a pet. SWTOR might have to add in a Report Pet Name button, just for the measure of it. But some people probably want a custom companion to follow them around. You'd even be able to dress it in the armor of your choosing. (No unlimited option there, just give them the armor you can afford.)

JJTEAMA
12.11.2013 , 03:01 PM | #15
The only way to really have this work is to have it have credits for payment for payment this

Glowrod
12.11.2013 , 03:09 PM | #16
Yeah, the way it is now, the Family Tree feature is just a waste of code. It doesn't affect anything in the game at all. It would be nice if they figured out a way to make it relivant.

VIP Lounge Member

ColorlessDays
12.11.2013 , 06:26 PM | #17
I've always dreamed of having one of my favorite characters follow me around...they don't have to talk as far as I'm concerned. Just walk with me and fight. While something tells me this is seriously unlikely, I would pay to see it happen.

DAWUSS
12.11.2013 , 07:42 PM | #18
Shouldn't that be faction restricted? I mean, I could totally see a Trooper hanging out with a Sith Inquisitor.

Gwena
12.11.2013 , 08:16 PM | #19
This would be the best thing ever! (okay, some hyperbole there, but you get the idea )

Of course there would need to be some restrictions, both so as to prevent Republic Troopers from having Sith Lords following them around and to not make the Companion-alts so appealing and easy to get that the regular Companions became rarely used in comparison. For example:

- A character must be level 50 and/or have completed their class story in order to be unlocked as a Companion-alt.
- Sith, Jedi, Agents, and Troopers are faction restricted.
- You cannot use a character of the same class as a Companion (identical voice! Possibly could use opposite gender).
- Legacy level requirement: Not very high, but not so low that someone that has been playing casually for a couple months could meet the requirement.

IMHO this could encourage people to play the game more. I know I'd make and level a brand new Juggernaut just to be a Companion for my Inquisitor.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

jphart
12.11.2013 , 09:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
Shouldn't that be faction restricted? I mean, I could totally see a Trooper hanging out with a Sith Inquisitor.
Like lord scourge and the knight?

I would love to have alts as companions, but for it to happen it will need to be kept simple.
Either skins for existing compatible companions, or a single extra companion.