Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A thought (pvp)

PoliteAssasin
03.28.2013 , 05:04 PM | #11
I need to learn the easiest routes to the medpacs (hint hint feken?)
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Raazmir
03.28.2013 , 05:50 PM | #12
Truthfully I'd kind of given up hope that there would be interest in this from people I would feel comfortable pointing newbies to for pvp advice. Since we seem to have a little interest from some of the pvp vets, when would be a good day to try to cobble this together. I'm generally off all day weekends + monday mostly and evenings past say six pm pacific. If we can come up with a solid day to do this I'll start trying to drum up some interest in a pvp roundtable in general impside.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

PoliteAssasin
03.28.2013 , 06:30 PM | #13
Well its not exactly a bad thing, as many of the people who consider themselves vets either don't know how to properly itemize their gear, or don't really have sound strats. Almost everyone here has learned through trial and error, and that remains the best way to improve yourself. Along with observation.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

ericthenut
03.28.2013 , 07:17 PM | #14
Yea I've considered this myself. If we got one or two veteran players of each class we could get some pretty good knowledge around about the basics of pvp. I mean honestly it isn't hard it would take all of 10-15min to explain simple and some complex things about each warzone and then you can teach them the basics of their class. The veteren players could even go as far as to make epic, descriptive, and easy to understand videos for each class and post them on youtube and link them here on the forums. Explaining their best uses, specs, and even that classes weaknesses. I say we do it. In the end do you have more fun winning a 600 - 0 three cap in civil war or would you rather see awsome games go to 10 - 0 and have the epic win. It would be woth the time in the end.
DEFENSE | CAMOUFLAGE | EAGLEYE | SENSATIONAL | MAGESTICAL | SHOWOFF
This game is simply no longer any fun to pvp in.

Raazmir
03.28.2013 , 07:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Well its not exactly a bad thing, as many of the people who consider themselves vets either don't know how to properly itemize their gear, or don't really have sound strats. Almost everyone here has learned through trial and error, and that remains the best way to improve yourself. Along with observation.
You have to admit that there is a certain point where "any improvement is good improvement". The double experience weekends are going to be sending people up to 50 and into the warzones with even less time to trial and error their way into learning their class. It can get REALLY frustrating to solo que some times. If that can be relieved in any way we'll start to see less warzones where it's a 4 man, a 3 man, and someone else. Making the knowledge readily available can only increase the competitiveness of our server.

Worst case scenario it's a forum for a bunch of people who pvp to get together and talk about pvp without waiting for post times on the forum, or having to log into cross faction alts. Community building n ****.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

ericthenut
03.28.2013 , 07:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Yea but I'll admit this is my first MMO. I never touched WoW or Guild Wars. The closest thing I came to a MMO was Runescape. I learned from someone named "Prototype" on Vrook Lamar. I sucked....ASSS! I didn't know the ability 'deflection' on my assassin was a buff. I mean you have to remeber F2P came in like October I think, don't know if that is right, but anyway players havn't had the experience of going against other classes and the opportunity to play some alts and learn the ropes for themselves. Teaching people the basics is the first step. I mean is it hard to teach a new assassin how to solo gaurd on civil war? No. It's relatively simple, if you get into the nitty gritty they need to know there class, but they just have to be able to hold long enough for help. It would be pretty epic to see a random player you never heard of come into a civil war and be able to hold the node alone till help arrived without him standing on the turret and getting ninja'd. Just telling them to wonder around, not stand in one place, and if someone trys to cap 'mes' them and call 'inc #'. You could add sugar and cherry on top if you tell them the assassin tanking spec for dps geared players. (Wow I learned how to play an assassin well!) How hard is that to say to someone? It really isn't, in my opinion.

P.S. I really was serious in my privious post about those videos. If anyone wants to do that sometime I'd be up for it. I can Fraps.
DEFENSE | CAMOUFLAGE | EAGLEYE | SENSATIONAL | MAGESTICAL | SHOWOFF
This game is simply no longer any fun to pvp in.

hulcalan
03.28.2013 , 08:58 PM | #17
Quote:
P.S. I really was serious in my privious post about those videos. If anyone wants to do that sometime I'd be up for it. I can Fraps.
I wouldn't mind helping ot contribute .. atleast from a warrior stand point

~ this program overwolf is sorta an all in one type overlay system with recording capabilities. I find it a little better than fraps, and it's free.
<Vicious><Shots Fired>
Herro-Kitteh Hello-KittehCheezeburger
Ghostface-killaNightcrawler

ogclutchbossman
03.28.2013 , 10:25 PM | #18
I wouldn't have a problem posting videos for commando healing. However, I don't want to be giving away any of my weaknesses! Commandos are the best class hands down....

DarkIord
03.28.2013 , 10:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ogclutchbossman View Post
Commandos are the best class hands down....
Agreed.
Dragon

xContex
03.28.2013 , 11:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ericthenut View Post
Yea I've considered this myself. If we got one or two veteran players of each class we could get some pretty good knowledge around about the basics of pvp. I mean honestly it isn't hard it would take all of 10-15min to explain simple and some complex things about each warzone and then you can teach them the basics of their class. The veteren players could even go as far as to make epic, descriptive, and easy to understand videos for each class and post them on youtube and link them here on the forums. Explaining their best uses, specs, and even that classes weaknesses. I say we do it. In the end do you have more fun winning a 600 - 0 three cap in civil war or would you rather see awsome games go to 10 - 0 and have the epic win. It would be woth the time in the end.
If the demand is there I wouldn't mind making a few videos regarding specs and gear optimization.
Scyn Azadeh Inspra
The Sovereign Legacy