Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

loldotcom
12.20.2011 , 04:56 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Good, get 'em off the U.S. servers!!!
What he said...

Why wasn't this planned from day 1 anyhow?

Chasted
12.20.2011 , 05:00 PM | #52
Quote:
We are planning on actual servers located in the area. The final location is being locked down, but when we say 'local' we don't mean 'in the US but with a label'.
Cool, using the same deal that WAR had for the servers, I guess. Hopefully there's enough that are going to play on the servers to make it worthwhile.

StephenReid
12.20.2011 , 05:00 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Wren_Atticus View Post
Great. Does that mean you will be able to get them off our servers?
As said, we'll be exploring options to allow players from Australia/NZ who are currently playing on US servers to continue to play on their own local servers when they're set up.

That said, please be welcoming to those who are playing on US-based servers right now, regardless of where they are playing from. While I know it's frustrating to wait in queues, everyone's just trying to enjoy the same game - and everyone has the equal right to play on any server they wish.

LittleMikey
12.20.2011 , 05:01 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

We are planning on actual servers located in the area. The final location is being locked down, but when we say 'local' we don't mean 'in the US but with a label'.

That's the best news I've heard since somebody told me there was going to be another Star Wars MMO.

Can you tell us if there will be Server Transfers available from The Harbinger and The Swiftsure (The unofficial Oceanic servers) to the Oceanic servers once they are available? I don't want to have to make a new character since i've invested so much time in the game already

puffy_mcchubchub
12.20.2011 , 05:04 PM | #55
Wow! thanks for bein supportive of us Oceanic players! nice to know there may be character transfer options for those of us that imported the game

SgtKatharn
12.20.2011 , 05:07 PM | #56
Thanks for the good news StephenReid, so does this means that the big wigs have been looking at the ip stats of people logging in to the servers and seen how many Australian and New Zealand people are playing
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition

shadowsuko
12.20.2011 , 05:07 PM | #57
Stephen you and the rest of the team are doing great. The fact that you have announced this the day after launch (for Australian time) is fantastic and even better that bioware if planning on having actual local servers. Don't listen to the whining people out there, cuz they are the people you can never please. Thank you so much for this and a great game and hopefully you guys sort out some sort of transfer for the existing characters. Looking forward to this

ChimDeathmonkey
12.20.2011 , 05:07 PM | #58
They already took over our server. thanks for 3hr queues
Spoiler

bushmanbob
12.20.2011 , 05:08 PM | #59
Free transfer would be great. Im In London at the moment but moving to Australia in around 5 months time. On a west coast server but if i can switch to an oceanic server i will.

Shardie
12.20.2011 , 05:08 PM | #60
Heres to free transfers for Oceanic players that want to play (that is it would be nice for everyone to have)... better late than never, I suppose.
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger