Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

Fizbanic
12.20.2011 , 04:38 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
Well, if you read his post it does state they are looking at ways to let players continue playing on local servers.
Yes but if you could think about it for a second, if a bunch of them had a presence on the server, friends and what not, they'd still be hard up to leave the server.

It isn't just a straight 2 dimensional solution there is a third one that most people forget about.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

Wren_Atticus
12.20.2011 , 04:39 PM | #42
Great. Does that mean you will be able to get them off our servers?
"You've been Synergized. Have a nice day!"
Wrangler <Synergy> - Scoundrel - Infinite Empire Server

Reluctance
12.20.2011 , 04:40 PM | #43
Wow, some pretty rude North Americans here.

Git them dang kids off mah lawn!

Naalurendu
12.20.2011 , 04:45 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Death-sticks View Post
I'm hopeing for physically local servers, but if blizzard couldnt organise it then i worry about EA/bioware organising it, time will tell. i'll assumably be level 50 by march at least on my main
EA/BioWare have already organised it once in the past, they had Australian located servers for WAR.

ShadowWes
12.20.2011 , 04:46 PM | #45
I've only ever played wow and the best latency I've had via Smoothping was 290, but I often had to play with 700ish. I'm already happy with TOR as my latency is often 250-300 with no Smoothping.

It would be amazing if we had AU located servers...50 latency...omg (if htay is what they mean by 'local')

Thankyou for the great news Stephen.

StephenReid
12.20.2011 , 04:48 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by PlankmanOz View Post
Just so you know, March 1st is actually Autumn (or Fall) in Australia and NZ!

If you're going to officially launch in a country you should probably figure out when the seasons are!
You'd think! I guess I'll have to ask to go on a fact-finding mission.

I'll correct. You're right, we're thinking of this from a US perspective; Q1/2 of 2012 is more accurate.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chasted View Post
Collectors Edition for Australians?
We'll have more details on the retail offering closer to launch. I've got no info on that right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by beliglath View Post
How about the rest of the world?
We continue to look at all potential markets for the game - we'd love to bring the game to as many places as possible, but we don't have any official announcements on this just yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by lagwagon_ View Post
Please don't listen to any whiners about this, this would have to be the greatest thing ever for any MMO player if we get actual Australian servers. People who whine can stay put with their 200ms+ pings.. sub 50ms pings would be just amazing.
We are planning on actual servers located in the area. The final location is being locked down, but when we say 'local' we don't mean 'in the US but with a label'.

Jett_Skirata
12.20.2011 , 04:49 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by muhnlaven View Post
Northern or southern hemisphere spring?
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Right now we are targeting March 1st
a local server once they come online in March.
/268char
Squadron 3X11
Reckless Fury
If we can't get you Killed, no one can.

LordSnO
12.20.2011 , 04:50 PM | #48
Woop!! I hope we get dedicated servers or just put The Swiftsure on an Oceanic server haha. If you havent bought it on Amazon or something similar, missing out

Spaztian
12.20.2011 , 04:51 PM | #49
Would you possibly consider making some collectors editions available for our region as well?

Death-sticks
12.20.2011 , 04:51 PM | #50

We are planning on actual servers located in the area. The final location is being locked down, but when we say 'local' we don't mean 'in the US but with a label'.
Alright you pretty much just made up for the whole "no release in australia yet" debaucle

In my head anyway.

Happy aussie is happy.