Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions 101: Mako

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

venomlash
03.19.2013 , 01:53 PM | #31
M1-4X for next companion spotlight! What goes on behind the patriotic metal exterior?
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Slaign
03.19.2013 , 02:24 PM | #32
I totally read "Spunky Splicer" as "Spicy Spelunker" at first. I was trying to remember if she ever mentioned this love of caves to me.

rgrocott
03.19.2013 , 02:29 PM | #33
My favourite Mako quote is from a companion story dialogue with Gault.
Spoiler

AshlaBoga
03.19.2013 , 03:05 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by rgrocott View Post
Spoiler
I almost did a spit-take at that (my surround sound made it seem like she was right behind me).
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

ColaWindstar
03.19.2013 , 03:26 PM | #35
I really enjoy Mako. Like, enough that I wish I could swap Kaliyo for her as my Imperial Agent's first companion. Mako just seems more appropriate personality wise: pragmatic, professional, but still caring and a bit young.
Plus, from what I've seen, she looks sweet in Imperial uniform.

Also, my own bounty hunter makes great use of her too, meanwhile Gault sucks.

Rafaman
03.19.2013 , 03:44 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by rgrocott View Post
Spoiler
Ha! I'm going to go finish my conversations with Gault! Great stuff.

I loved Mako. My favorite parts and dialogue are related to her story and how it evolves. Most especially, the conversations with "other" family (ambiguity intended to avoid spoilers).

Galandro
03.19.2013 , 06:06 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by ColaWindstar View Post
I really enjoy Mako. Like, enough that I wish I could swap Kaliyo for her as my Imperial Agent's first companion. Mako just seems more appropriate personality wise: pragmatic, professional, but still caring and a bit young.
Plus, from what I've seen, she looks sweet in Imperial uniform.
Heh, I'm quite certain Mako would've gotten along much better with my Smuggler than my Bounty Hunter.

Quote: Originally Posted by ColaWindstar View Post
Also, my own bounty hunter makes great use of her too, meanwhile Gault sucks.
Gault is awesome. He has some absolutely hilarious lines and is one of my favorite of all the companions.

Spoiler

If we're talking sucking, then that one is easy: Skadge. Skadge is the one who sucks. I stopped giving him gifts just so I wouldn't have to hear his sleazy reaction.

Tatile
03.19.2013 , 06:10 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Galandro View Post
If we're talking sucking, then that one is easy: Skadge. Skadge is the one who sucks. I stopped giving him gifts just so I wouldn't have to hear his sleazy reaction.
I got -2092 affection from Skadge in a single conversation. Good day, but I was a bit disappointed to see A) He was still on my ship and B) The affection only goes down to -1k

Skadge needs to find out what makes a sun a star Up close and personal. Without a space suit.

Allegos
03.19.2013 , 07:08 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I got -2092 affection from Skadge in a single conversation. Good day, but I was a bit disappointed to see A) He was still on my ship and B) The affection only goes down to -1k
I think I know what conversation that was!
Spoiler

My Mako story: With my Powertech, I decided early on that I would eschew the Jedi and Sith philosophies implied by the game's alignment system and have my BH be enough of an outsider to have his own code. He would always follow the letter of the contracts he accepted. Whether he was on a manhunt or a rescue mission, once he had accepted the job, he would turn down offers to betray the employer.

It was in this spirit that I collected a bounty on a Republic scientist on Hutta, one which Mako had brought to my attention, instead of letting her go when she made puppy dog eyes at me. That got Mako to tell me, before we were even finished adventuring in Fa'athra's Palace, that she found me "disgusting" and that I wasn't "who she thought I was."

The contempt very quickly became mutual, as her reactions to my behavior framed her in turn, in my mind, as a mere Bounty Hunter fan, a poseur who wanted the paychecks that came with running on a crew but who didn't have the stomach for the field work. I was relieved when I finally got the ranged DPS companion and could reassign Mako to shipboard Slicing missions that better suited her. When she and Torian hooked up, I didn't care.
"The Nerfbat is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those FOTMs who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is."

AlrikFassbauer
03.20.2013 , 04:59 AM | #40
When comes the first Republic Companion 101 ?