Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions 101: Mako

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caddax
03.19.2013 , 03:43 AM | #21
I had no problems with Mako until the romance stuff started. She is a great healer and didn't find her that annoying when she talked, Then she started getting psycho. I steered the conversations around every flirt and did not give her any courting gifts as I was just not interested in that. So eventually she want's to get married. I'm like "uh, no." So then she starts talking marriage and even sending me presents in the mail (which I gave to other companions ) and talking about a honeymoon. So I'm running around with Skadge now.
Everyone expects the Sith Inquisition.

ricofico
03.19.2013 , 03:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Caddax View Post
I had no problems with Mako until the romance stuff started. She is a great healer and didn't find her that annoying when she talked, Then she started getting psycho. I steered the conversations around every flirt and did not give her any courting gifts as I was just not interested in that. So eventually she want's to get married. I'm like "uh, no." So then she starts talking marriage and even sending me presents in the mail (which I gave to other companions ) and talking about a honeymoon. So I'm running around with Skadge now.

LOL Awesome!!!! .....(bit of RP too)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

hillerbees
03.19.2013 , 05:38 AM | #23
Thanks for the blog.

Here is my blog on Mako.

Mako is HOT

Thanks for reading

irishfino
03.19.2013 , 09:27 AM | #24
Mako absolutely annoys me. She rarely agreed with my choices and my Hunter isn't the evilest of evil. I switched her out with Gault as soon as I got him.

For the next Pub blog, I vote for Doc (don't think he's been done yet.). For the next Imp blog, for the love of the stars, please do Malavai Quinn.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

CourtneyWoods
03.19.2013 , 09:46 AM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I never really liked Mako, I found her a bit annoying, she has too much of a 'morning person' attiude about her. Drove me nuts, so I ran with Gault. I suppose my favorite moment with her, if I had to pick one was when Braden died.

Tbh, I'm a bit ticked off that you guys are ignoring us Malavai Quinn fans. We've been practically begging for him since this stuff started. Now if you are alternating the bios between imp/rep, it'll be at very least May (but most likely longer) to learn about Malavai. I hope you guys do a really excellent job on Malavai's story, cause this sucks having to wait this long, and longer for him. :/
Hey Lunafox,

I just wanted to jump in here and say we definitely aren't ignoring the Quinn requests. He is one of my absolute favorite Companions and I can't wait to do a Companions 101 on him. That said, the reason why you won't see him for a little while is that we are trying to cover a Companion from every class before we return to that class for another Companions 101. This doesn't mean your suggestions do not count - Quinn is most definitely going to be the next Warrior Companion we write about, but to be fair we want to do a blog on an Inquisitor Companion before then since they haven't had a Companions 101 on any of their Companions yet. I keep a chart for which Companions are suggested on the forums, social media, and PMs to me so all of your suggestions do count.

TL;DR: I love Quinn - he is my Marauder's husband in game and is very dreamy. He will have a Companions 101 in the future - keep suggesting him, but we want to get to all the other classes before returning to the Warrior. I promise you, he will be the first Imperial Companion in our second round of the Companions 101 series.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Icebergy
03.19.2013 , 10:10 AM | #26
Quinn sucks, you can keep ignoring him all you want. I wish I would have been able to kill him off.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 4/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

tobbelq
03.19.2013 , 10:13 AM | #27
I'd like to see Corso Riggs. Or perhaps Bowdaar, but Bowdaar maybe isn't that exciting.
"You saved my life, so now I, the walking carpet rug, will follow you and protect you for eternity."
He's a very straight-forward wookie, so I vote for Corso.
"Statement: Indeed, I am most eager to engage in some unadulterated violence. At your command of course, Master."
―HK-47

VigDiath
03.19.2013 , 10:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Quinn sucks, you can keep ignoring him all you want. I wish I would have been able to kill him off.
This.

I chose all the options it gave me for treating him badly at that moment which I think was to hold him in the air and choke the crap out of him. They should have allowed me to leave a scar on him as a reminder of how you do not cross the Emperors Wrath, even if I didn't hold that title yet. But he still crossed a Sith Lord and should have to pay. I'm really waiting for some nice pink gear to put on him since he is my *mitch*!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Frog_brains
03.19.2013 , 11:35 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
From experience with the games' combat system with its companion system, if you are not a healer, this companion will make leveling and dailies vastly more easier to do, which tends to be a bad thing, especially if you didn't like the companion at all, luckily i do.

I would have preferred they made the companions not make an impact on combat difficulty at all, that way you could use any companion without feeling like you shafted yourself in a survivability point of view.

Overall, Mako is enjoyable to have around while leveling, she agrees with my stand point on mostly lightside, profit motive and revenge on a specific person, otherwise, i would have to skip the bounty hunter as a viable class to play, because i am not a fan of healing or tanking, which means, its use this companion or have more issues then you should have.
Wooo wooo wooo! are you asking for companions to be like the pets and just be vanity items? Here's a companion that does nothing for you but just follows you around looking silly?

Or are you asking for all companions to be able to do everything and you just pick the attributes you want?
like you could turn theran into a tank? or maybe make bowdar a healer?

and as for Mako, with BH being the only class to get their heler companion right of the bat basically makes the lvling experience so much easier. I would actually suggest going BH to a new player to the game/mmo's just because having mako by your side will definately make learning the game less frustrating because you won't die nearly as much lol.

My favorite bit of "comedy" with mako
Spoiler

Galandro
03.19.2013 , 01:00 PM | #30
I will say Mako is one companion who really grew on me. While I’m certain she rolls her eyes after our conversations and when hanging out with her girlfriends at the cantina, tells them that she’s really the brains of the outfit, I have come to consider her an equal partner in our enterprise. During the story, she showed more guts than I gave her credit for came through it with a sense of honor and humor intact.

Spoiler