Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In - Update 2 - Coming April 2, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Display Name Only Log In - Update 2 - Coming April 2, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mission_dj
03.21.2013 , 08:59 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post
Yes, if you have a Security Key, that trumps everything else and you will not have to additionally enter an Email Security Code. ISP's that change IP address every day on their customers was taken into consideration, but sadly we can't eliminate the IP address out of the equation and still stay at a reasonable level of security within the authentication process.
Hi Phillip, in response to this, is anything being done to make Physical Security Keys available to European customers?

Currently, the only way to obtain one was via the Collectors Edition, which are now very rare. The European version of the Origin store does not sell them, and we can not purchase them from the US version.

Yes, we have the Android/iOS versions, but these are buggy to say the least. I have had to have mine removed soo many times, that I am know running without it. The calls to CS can take anywhere between 5-90 minutes. Many other people have to have theirs removed also.

So yeh, can we expect Bioware to do anything in order to get Origin EU selling the physical keys, or are we SOOL?

TxAstarte
03.22.2013 , 09:57 AM | #72
Initial answers below!
For those of you wondering why MrYellowDuck surfaced, you will find there was a theme hiding in the answers to the original posts a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned I was lining up some ducks. It was meant as a bit of humour in what is otherwise a very boring topic, so please don't get too side tracked by MrYellowDuck himself...

I'd have had to go with 'droid references and single-file bantha's, and it wouldn't have made as much sense. I'll try to pick something more Star Wars oriented for next time perhaps.
]
While Mr. YellowDuck is indeed a charming and floaty fellow, he and his fellows cannot compete with the visual of getting all the party jawas lined up to do the conga.

IJS.

Glorthox
03.22.2013 , 11:45 AM | #73
This sounds so "fail" to me! Why not fix server stability first and log in screens last?

SikotikSnuzzles
03.23.2013 , 01:20 AM | #74
Perhaps I'm a little confused, and I don't intend to offend anyone by asking:

1. Regardless of personal style used, communicating with the players is a good thing right? (Thank you Philip)
2. From what I gather, Philip is not a multilingual person, and does not work in a department requiring him to be able to translate anything from English. If the department responsible for translating things has failed to do so, would it not be more productive to address the issue with them, instead of repeatedly demanding it of him? (And imho, if there are at least two people posting the demand/complaint here [in English], there are two people who could translate it and post it themselves, if the issue is that grave. Just saying...)
3. Philip did mention:
"We are working on getting the Security Key back in stock within EU as quickly as we can - I'm in constant contact with the people who run the EU side of the Origin Store where the keys are sold, and as soon as I have a better date than 'soon' I'll be sure to get a post up."
For anyone still asking about EU security keys. I remember what a pain it was to get anything when I was stationed in Germany, so I am sympathetic, believe it or not.
4. Do people genuinely not realize that there are multiple departments in nearly every entity? Just confused why anyone (and many) are foisting their desires for things not related to security in a thread by the head of security...

Anyway, I appreciate the information, Philip. Kudos on the attempt to reach out and let us know.
*Waves and goes back to zapping something while cackling*

Darth-Malice
03.23.2013 , 01:54 AM | #75
It's a nice attempting trying to calm people but we never asked for or wanted this "Bonus" in the first place.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

CelCawdro
03.23.2013 , 02:39 AM | #76
For the side note, I'm anything but making fun of customers - my intent was to make fun of a ficticious yellow duck as an attempt to bring a bit of humour into what is otherwise a very boring topic. That and continue a theme from the previous answers to the thread from a couple of weeks ago. No offense intended!
For my part, the humour was very much appreciated. Don't let the stone-faced, humourless posters around here faze you. There is nothing out of line about actually trying to engage with the community rather than simply pontificating.

Mission_dj
03.24.2013 , 05:46 PM | #77
Why is this no longer a sticky? Does this mean questions will no longer be answered here?

danielearley
03.25.2013 , 02:36 PM | #78
Could you confirm that SWTOR is Linked to the Origin Account?

-Kyuzo-
03.26.2013 , 06:12 AM | #79
can you go into further detail of said features.

Quote:
Self-service for Lost my Security Key
Self-service for Remove my Security Key
Self-service for Move my Security Key
like how do they work? would 1 allow me to remove the key but first i have to input my correct password and answer all my security questions along with an email confirmation?

Eillack
03.26.2013 , 06:38 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Mission_dj View Post
Why is this no longer a sticky? Does this mean questions will no longer be answered here?
I never knew questions got answered at all on these forums.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.