Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In - Update 2 - Coming April 2, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Display Name Only Log In - Update 2 - Coming April 2, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
03.18.2013 , 01:40 PM | #21
Does this not work? http://www.swtor.com/buy#optional-game-add-ons

I clicked on the order on Origin button and it seems to work fine...and I believe Origin started shipping to Europe a while ago, though obviously I haven't tried it myself.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

itsmymillertime
03.18.2013 , 01:42 PM | #22
that is one angry duck...

Tatile
03.18.2013 , 01:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Does this not work? http://www.swtor.com/buy#optional-game-add-ons

I clicked on the order on Origin button and it seems to work fine...and I believe Origin started shipping to Europe a while ago, though obviously I haven't tried it myself.
That scroll-over says they're out of stock, but previous links given by CSR Droids have re-directed to the main-page of the Origin site.

Edit: Can't seem to find it on the Origin site.

chuixupu
03.18.2013 , 01:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
That scroll-over says they're out of stock, but previous links given by CSR Droids have re-directed to the main-page of the Origin site.

Edit: Can't seem to find it on the Origin site.
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...60100/sac.true

It says "in stock" on that page.

Palar
03.18.2013 , 01:49 PM | #25
Considering how many people asked pretty much the same question in various different guises of language, the use of Mr. YellowDuck was warranted. Yellow ducks are adorable, but real ducks are the most terrifying things to be behold. Would have rather he used "Generic SWTOR Player #7789"?

*peck*

Maybe Mr. Phillip_BW talks to his yellow bathtub duck a lot, to share his security ideas and secrets.
Well, that's one possible scenario.

Having the questions without names might have been better - it wavered over from "joking approach" to "have a cookie while I talk down to you" a little, I thought. That's just me, though. (I'm a grumpy morning person.)

Oink... wait, that's not it.

Tatile
03.18.2013 , 01:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
That link is broken, it redirects me to the main page of the Origin site.

chuixupu
03.18.2013 , 01:52 PM | #27
Well, I do like to picture Mr. Holmes as a big yellow duck now.

Quick, someone do some fan art.

That link is broken, it redirects me to the main page of the Origin site.
Hm....I'm lost, then.

When I go to the main site, I just search "swtor" and the security key comes up. Maybe try doing a browser cache dump?

HeathenStorm
03.18.2013 , 01:56 PM | #28
Maybe Mr. Phillip_BW talks to his yellow bathtub duck a lot, to share his security ideas and secrets.
This is a legitimate coding strategy.

GalnarDegana
03.18.2013 , 01:59 PM | #29
I for one liked the duck thing. It was a good way to be light-hearted and represent the questions that he obviously takes seriously as is evident in him replying to them. After all, it is better to use a question and attribute it to a random person rather than call out specific angry forum-goers. The duck thing just broke it up and made it easier to stay interested in. Good work, Phillip!

I think the changes are good, as I have always been a little wary of using my email address for things. I use LastPass to type it in for me so I don't have to do it in case I have a keylogger on my system.

Lastly, any person that uses xkcd as an explanation for anything gets serious props in my book!

LarryRow
03.18.2013 , 02:00 PM | #30
Considering how many people asked pretty much the same question in various different guises of language, the use of Mr. YellowDuck was warranted. Yellow ducks are adorable, but real ducks are the most terrifying things to be behold. Would have rather he used "Generic SWTOR Player #7789"?

*peck*

Okay, but getting serious for a second, we are pretty sure he is pulling all the duck references from the phrase "have your ducks in a row," right? Where else could it be coming from?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.