Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In - Update 2 - Coming April 2, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Display Name Only Log In - Update 2 - Coming April 2, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Skodan
03.18.2013 , 12:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post

As soon as we detect an attempt to log in from a new 'location', we prompt that location for an Email Security Code which will be delivered to your Email Account (or Security Questions and Answers today). It is only after that prompt is verified that we will move the new location into an Authorized Location status. We do not remove your current Authorized Location as soon as a new location is detected. We keep a number (no I won't say how many) of Authorized Location's in the system, so an attacker can try to lock you out, but they will never succeed as they first have to validate themselves. From that point forward you will be able to log in from that new Authorized Location and at no point can an attacker actually lock you out.
i always have to answer my security question every time i log into the launcher and the forums even though i use the same computer.

i know for the forums i always have my browser clear the active logins/cookies and all the jazz so i think thats the reasoning for having to answer my sec questions everytime on the forums but i was wondering why i have to for the launcher as well
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Leonalis
03.18.2013 , 12:14 PM | #12
When will this text be translated? Days, Weeks, Years?

RAZIM
03.18.2013 , 12:24 PM | #13
Is there anything being developed that will merge multiple licenses into one account?

The names I had to select for the other accounts aren't necessarily as easy to remember.

Merouk
03.18.2013 , 12:28 PM | #14
So, basically, no more logging into the forums to post from work. Because, it always asks for security questions, and after the change it will require access to home email address, which I don't want to set up at work. Because, less secure.

Bye bye community. Love you all! Going to miss you lots! Gonna just play the game solo and mute.

PS: Was it your intent to make us look stupid with the way you exaggerated the "questions" in your post to be completely ridiculous? Your humor again? Whatever, doesn't matter.

jersyiii
03.18.2013 , 12:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Leonalis View Post
When will this text be translated? Days, Weeks, Years?
dont be lazy
http://translate.google.com/

Quote: Originally Posted by Merouk View Post
So, basically, no more logging into the forums to post from work. Because, it always asks for security questions, and after the change it will require access to home email address, which I don't want to set up at work. Because, less secure.

Bye bye community. Love you all! Going to miss you lots! Gonna just play the game solo and mute.

PS: Was it your intent to make us look stupid with the way you exaggerated the "questions" in your post to be completely ridiculous? Your humor again? Whatever, doesn't matter.
if it always asks for a password then something is wrong, cause here it doenst.
only when i login from a new location
but it might be good that bioware gives a response to this before this system takes in plance

oh and btw lighten up, when they dont give feedback its bad, now they give too much feedback and its also bad
this guy at least try to do something, we need more ducks like this

BobaScott
03.18.2013 , 01:08 PM | #16
<super long quote here>

Regarding the ability to change your forum display name -

Why bother if you are only go to do this "down the road"? If you feel it is necessary enough to allocate resources to implement it in order to allay fears from the comments here, it should be a day one item.

When you roll out the change on April 2nd and don't offer this, there will be angry posts and people yammering some more about the "lack of security" yada yada. Once they have been forced to use it for months on end and see that nothing has really changed, the desire for an alternate forum name will dwindle dramatically.

I'm not saying NO ONE will want it, of course some will always want this regardless of when you roll it out. But the adoption rate will be much lower depending on how long you take to put it in.

To sum up and stop rambling, what is the idea behind this if will be delayed a long time?

Tatile
03.18.2013 , 01:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Get a security key, people. Even if it's only for the 100 cartel coins per month (which you even get as a free-to-player) and the exclusive vendor.

It's really no inconvenience to enter the number, and while I've never worried about my MMO accounts, being pretty much certain it's safe is nice.
Do you know where Security Keys are for sale in the EU and/or generally outside of the US? As far as I'm aware, Security Keys are not currently for sale outside of the US.

Perhaps Mr. Philip_BW could help with this?

Alodar
03.18.2013 , 01:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Do you know where Security Keys are for sale in the EU and/or generally outside of the US? As far as I'm aware, Security Keys are not currently for sale outside of the US.

They are available in Canada.
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!Ξ[!(Θ)!!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Palar
03.18.2013 , 01:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post

Perhaps Mr. Philip_BW could help with this?
If I remember right, they're talking about it for Europe... are they even back in the site Store for the U.S yet?

Hopefully you get an answer - one not phrased in 'duck' nonsense. Good to see he takes security questions seriously, isn't it?

Quack.

Tatile
03.18.2013 , 01:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
If I remember right, they're talking about it for Europe... are they even back in the site Store for the U.S yet?

Hopefully you get an answer - one not phrased in 'duck' nonsense. Good to see he takes security questions seriously, isn't it?

Quack.
Considering how many people asked pretty much the same question in various different guises of language, the use of Mr. YellowDuck was warranted. Yellow ducks are adorable, but real ducks are the most terrifying things to be behold. Would have rather he used "Generic SWTOR Player #7789"?

*peck*

Maybe Mr. Phillip_BW talks to his yellow bathtub duck a lot, to share his security ideas and secrets.