Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheBBP
03.19.2013 , 08:20 AM | #81
OKOKOK. I officially have word from an official "Official" that nobody cares how fast someone got to level 50 so long as no rules were broken.

This is an official response.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

TUXs
03.19.2013 , 08:21 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
"Unimpeded" is interesting here: For me it's less thrilling, if you're not in "real" danger in your class story, which is why I try to make sure not to outlevel planets while levelling. Which, admittedly, has always been a little difficult for me, being a completionist who explores the whole map of a planet and does all H2/H4 quests. My solution was not do all available low level flashpoints with one character, but reserve some for twinks I levelled later. And I didn't start PvPing before 50. It was still hard not to outlevel, but e.g. the conclusion of the knight class story that so many people are/were complaining about is just less entertaining if it turns out to be a walk in the park.

But as I said above, that's just for me...
I know I'm hopping in the middle here, but the whole "class story unimpeded" thing is EXACTLY why I love this. Class stories are the ONLY unique part of the leveling experience. Sadly, they are broken up by a minimum of 20+ additional side quests on each planet. The most fun I have had with a class story was on my 2nd Trooper class where I PvP'd to 50, and ran my class story only on planets. The story flowed! The story made sense. The story became 10x's more enjoyable to me because of this. Leveling 'normally', the class quests seem more like side quests...and I hate that.

Just my 2¢
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Ratajack
03.19.2013 , 08:22 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
100% AGREED!!!!

If this isn't your choice for leveling, do it how you like. This is GREAT for the game though!!! For the 1st time EVER in SWTOR (and I've played since early betas), I was grouped with 7 people from my guild of various levels and we were ALL having a freaking blast leveling TOGETHER.

This is something that should be ENCOURAGED! This weekend was the most active Ilum has been EVER...and it was FUN!!!
So because you find it fun, a possible exploit should be allowed and encouraged?

If the devs decide that it is working as intended, then by all means have a blast doing it. However, if the devs decide that it is indeed an exploit, then there should be consequences for those that used it and it should be stopped in the future.

Master-Nala
03.19.2013 , 08:27 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I don't even use the power level technique but this post is just pure bullocks.

The whole "people need to sweat, bleed and stumble" their way to 50 is just a talking point people use to feel special. It's just like when people complain about how hard they had it but no one else has to hard. The more 50s the game has the better we all are.

The leveling process does very little to force ANYONE to understand their class. Need I remind you the leveling process does NOT force you to group. It does NOT force you into flashpoints and it does NOT force anyone to play their class "properly".

The whole, "I want to feel special because I'm 50" attitude needs to end.
QFT

Thank you for saving me the trouble of typing all this!
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

TUXs
03.19.2013 , 08:30 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
So because you find it fun, a possible exploit should be allowed and encouraged?

If the devs decide that it is working as intended, then by all means have a blast doing it. However, if the devs decide that it is indeed an exploit, then there should be consequences for those that used it and it should be stopped in the future.
Nope. What I am saying is that, whether intentional or not, this should be ALLOWED and ENCOURAGED as an alternative leveling path because it is a POSITIVE thing for the game.

If it is considered an "exploit", how would you suggest punishing players that used it? Ban them all for a few days? Set their levels to 1? Delete their characters? Pfft...they didn't roll back Valor when that exploit happened, they didn't remove credits from people farming Ilum loot boxes...those 2 had MASSIVE NEGATIVE impacts on the game for months!!! This is a POSITIVE thing...and you suggest they punish people? Ha! That's blatantly stupid. It was FUN for all who participated!!! It had NO negative effect on the game and NO long lasting negative side effect. It was ALL good!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

PlasmaJohn
03.19.2013 , 08:33 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
They said nothing yesterday. Working as intended.
I wouldn't draw that conclusion. I've noticed they don't respond to the hard questions on Mondays.

FWIW, I support this alternate leveling path.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

islander
03.19.2013 , 08:36 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
I wouldn't draw that conclusion. I've noticed they don't respond to the hard questions on Mondays.

FWIW, I support this alternate leveling path.
It's the only rational conclusion - at this point.
I wouldn't apply this thought process to the weekend. Expecting them to handle this kind of 'questionable' action on a weekend is unrealistic.

Either way, not arguing with you sir...just laying out my reasoning, right or wrong. I'll continue doing it this week on my assassin but not my trooper (as my trooper is all fresh content, I'm liking that better honestly, even if slower)
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

PlasmaJohn
03.19.2013 , 08:48 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I wouldn't apply this thought process to the weekend. Expecting them to handle this kind of 'questionable' action on a weekend is unrealistic.
TBH, if this was such an issue I expected there would have been a patch for it today. I'm tempted to do this with some of my languishing alts but I'm just having too much fun with my first 50 and the Gree event.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

sumuji
03.19.2013 , 08:48 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaed View Post
It is detrimental to the game, though not to the point that some people complain about it. Essentially, it will take people out of the 1-50 leveling game in the long term if left as is. Less people leveling increases WZ times, FP times and just takes away from the atmosphere of planets. These are things that right now I don't particularly care about, due to being sick of the planetary grind, though there are times when I simply like to go back to basics and level a new character normally.
I'm glad there's at least one person around here with common sense. When you're speed leveling to 50 in Illum your not grouping up for the 1-49 content. The flashpoints, the warzones, the planetary heroics..etc. Yes, people that have already leveld to 50 in the game dread doing some of that stuff , I've got 5 50's and working on another,but games rely on people making alts and doing these things. There's no enough new people coming into the game to keep it actively healthy alone. I don't expect the same kind of people that whine about leveling, traveling, credit sinks...etc, to understand or care but having such a thing in the game does seriously effect the game.

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that BW wasn't intendeding on bolstering level ones to do level 50 content. I don't knw of they intend on letting it slide because it's just a short-term thing though but you can count on having way too many people in this spot if it's there come this weekend. There were hundreds when it wasn't widely known but now most people are hearing about it. I think the problem will correct itself and hopefully it doesn't take the servers down in the prcoess because your harmless little powerleveling will be the focus of wrath for a lot of very very pissed off people.

ZionHalcyon
03.19.2013 , 08:50 AM | #90
Maybe I'm just new here, but wouldn't trying to take down a level 50 with your level 10 result in your character getting smooched?

How are people speed grinding?