Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthOvertone
03.18.2013 , 11:58 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Keffeine View Post
As the title suggests, I think we're all waiting for a response on the practice of grinding from 1X - 50 on Ilum by killing the same Heroic mobs over and over again. It's hardly a heroic experience, and there are many differing opinions on it, which I'd rather not get into here.
First, Ilum isn't a permanent area. The Gree will only be there for one more week.

Second, people pay their sub, I could give a rat's azz how they level up. Leveling in this game is ezmode anyway and just got easier with Double XP weekend. I did not participate in this form of leveling directly, but it does not bother me in the slightest.

Third, I don't think some of you realize how fun it is to take a group of 4 and wipe 15-20 players doing this. My group of 4 guildies ran into a mass of these levelers last night and made their experience a living h*ll for about an hour. I have a screenie of the action, but forgot to upload it. Guess this only happens on PvP servers though.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Savej
03.18.2013 , 12:03 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
If someone choose to miss out on the story then that is there pregataive. Honestly I did this in COH when there added architect to the game. Skipping to 50 gives you less to do.

CoH - good example. What happened to that game?

Tommot
03.18.2013 , 12:08 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
First, Ilum isn't a permanent area. The Gree will only be there for one more week.

Second, people pay their sub, I could give a rat's azz how they level up. Leveling in this game is ezmode anyway and just got easier with Double XP weekend. I did not participate in this form of leveling directly, but it does not bother me in the slightest.

Third, I don't think some of you realize how fun it is to take a group of 4 and wipe 15-20 players doing this. My group of 4 guildies ran into a mass of these levelers last night and made their experience a living h*ll for about an hour. I have a screenie of the action, but forgot to upload it. Guess this only happens on PvP servers though.
This exactly. Other people want to level this way? That's fine. I wont do it, but why should I care if they do?

And I also had fun killing these guys. They may be bolstered but a geared 50 can still dominate them
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Alec_Fortescue
03.18.2013 , 12:14 PM | #34
But seriously, what's your problem with players leveling the way they want? It's legit, it does not affect you in anyway. I had a blast during double xp weekend because I could focus mainly on the class story instead of repeating plenty of additional quests i've done multiple times already in the past.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Fleurdelis
03.18.2013 , 12:39 PM | #35
Im a subscriber and have a toon of each class. 4 are 50's the rest in the 30's. i hope this still works next weekend so i can get the rest of my toons to 50.

Monoth
03.18.2013 , 01:04 PM | #36
Their should be a mechanism in place that doesn't allow you to get xp if the other people in your group are 5 levels above you.... Would stop the power leveling by using other 50's to the work for you.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

hobbesmaster
03.18.2013 , 01:06 PM | #37
The reason this works is that everyone in the group is a "50" due to bolster.

Icebergy
03.18.2013 , 01:07 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
tl;dr
I have done it, it was cool. Now don't let anyone else get it!

Seriously, why bother? Don't like people playing end-game content with you? I am happy more 50's come with every day.
I would be willing to bet that at least 95% of the people that took advantage of this were alts, so there really would not be any new level 50s. This is not a valid reason to be in favor of it.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Hikara
03.18.2013 , 01:17 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
CoH - good example. What happened to that game?
It shutdown after nine years. Another 8 to go for TOR~
Ruined

Luka Sene

MandraMoody
03.18.2013 , 01:18 PM | #40
I really hope BW doesn't pay a lick of attention to this non-issue and works on important things like fixes to 2.0 coming instead of a vocal few who want to control everyone else's experience in game.
WHAT??? NO FAMBAAS????