Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthOvertone
03.18.2013 , 11:58 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Keffeine View Post
As the title suggests, I think we're all waiting for a response on the practice of grinding from 1X - 50 on Ilum by killing the same Heroic mobs over and over again. It's hardly a heroic experience, and there are many differing opinions on it, which I'd rather not get into here.
First, Ilum isn't a permanent area. The Gree will only be there for one more week.

Second, people pay their sub, I could give a rat's azz how they level up. Leveling in this game is ezmode anyway and just got easier with Double XP weekend. I did not participate in this form of leveling directly, but it does not bother me in the slightest.

Third, I don't think some of you realize how fun it is to take a group of 4 and wipe 15-20 players doing this. My group of 4 guildies ran into a mass of these levelers last night and made their experience a living h*ll for about an hour. I have a screenie of the action, but forgot to upload it. Guess this only happens on PvP servers though.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphawood - Guardian | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Savej
03.18.2013 , 12:03 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
If someone choose to miss out on the story then that is there pregataive. Honestly I did this in COH when there added architect to the game. Skipping to 50 gives you less to do.

CoH - good example. What happened to that game?

Tommot
03.18.2013 , 12:08 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
First, Ilum isn't a permanent area. The Gree will only be there for one more week.

Second, people pay their sub, I could give a rat's azz how they level up. Leveling in this game is ezmode anyway and just got easier with Double XP weekend. I did not participate in this form of leveling directly, but it does not bother me in the slightest.

Third, I don't think some of you realize how fun it is to take a group of 4 and wipe 15-20 players doing this. My group of 4 guildies ran into a mass of these levelers last night and made their experience a living h*ll for about an hour. I have a screenie of the action, but forgot to upload it. Guess this only happens on PvP servers though.
This exactly. Other people want to level this way? That's fine. I wont do it, but why should I care if they do?

And I also had fun killing these guys. They may be bolstered but a geared 50 can still dominate them
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Alec_Fortescue
03.18.2013 , 12:14 PM | #34
But seriously, what's your problem with players leveling the way they want? It's legit, it does not affect you in anyway. I had a blast during double xp weekend because I could focus mainly on the class story instead of repeating plenty of additional quests i've done multiple times already in the past.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Fleurdelis
03.18.2013 , 12:39 PM | #35
Im a subscriber and have a toon of each class. 4 are 50's the rest in the 30's. i hope this still works next weekend so i can get the rest of my toons to 50.

Monoth
03.18.2013 , 01:04 PM | #36
Their should be a mechanism in place that doesn't allow you to get xp if the other people in your group are 5 levels above you.... Would stop the power leveling by using other 50's to the work for you.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

hobbesmaster
03.18.2013 , 01:06 PM | #37
The reason this works is that everyone in the group is a "50" due to bolster.

Icebergy
03.18.2013 , 01:07 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
tl;dr
I have done it, it was cool. Now don't let anyone else get it!

Seriously, why bother? Don't like people playing end-game content with you? I am happy more 50's come with every day.
I would be willing to bet that at least 95% of the people that took advantage of this were alts, so there really would not be any new level 50s. This is not a valid reason to be in favor of it.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 4/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Hikara
03.18.2013 , 01:17 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
CoH - good example. What happened to that game?
It shutdown after nine years. Another 8 to go for TOR~
Ruined

Luka Sene

MandraMoody
03.18.2013 , 01:18 PM | #40
I really hope BW doesn't pay a lick of attention to this non-issue and works on important things like fixes to 2.0 coming instead of a vocal few who want to control everyone else's experience in game.
WHAT??? NO FAMBAAS????